The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

So, Who's Starting Bangor in 2011 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Im about to go into my 3rd year bangor for psychology ... LOOOVEITT!!!! its seems hard... but because the lecturers are so laid back and easy to get on with they make it easy to understand :smile: :smile: Definatly worth doing psych.. :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 81
can anyone let me know hoz the uni and accomodation there
I've got an unconditional :biggrin: for Psychology!

I can't believe how fast they've replied to me. My referee only sent it off on Saturday and only got the confirmation letter yesterday and now I've had an offer today, over the moon because I really didn't think I'd get an offer so was just trying to figure out what to do with my life if I didnt :smile: So happy!
Original post by BabyGirl92
I've applied for Psychology.. Did a late application but I've got my fingers so tightly crossed that I'll get an offer! I'm already in uni but its an awful uni and course so I'm quitting after I've finished first year, so hoping I'll get into Bangor this year otherwise I might as well give up on uni! I don't want to be starting at 20!

Oi, I'm restarting at 20!

Don't make me feel old. :frown:
Original post by Swarley Stinson
Oi, I'm restarting at 20!

Don't make me feel old. :frown:

Ohh sorry! :frown:

I don't think it's old at all, some of my friends here are 23 and in their first year :smile: I'm just an impatient person and want to get on with my life as quickly as possible!

What course are you doing?
It's too late, the damage is done.
The damage is done.

Studying English! Bangor's actually my second university - I left Liverpool in my second year.
It's too late, the damage is done.
The damage is done.

Studying English! Bangor's actually my second university - I left Liverpool in my second year.

That's so weird, I'm in Liverpool now and I love it but my course is actually awful so I'm moving home to Bangor aha :smile: I can't wait to move back to be honest I've missed it :P But I will miss the people I've met in Liverpool it's not far so hopefully I can visit them though.
That's so weird, I'm in Liverpool now and I love it but my course is actually awful so I'm moving home to Bangor aha :smile: I can't wait to move back to be honest I've missed it :P But I will miss the people I've met in Liverpool it's not far so hopefully I can visit them though.

I hate Liverpool more than I hate the Nazis.
I'll miss living close to home though, the city's like a 20 minute train ride from home.
meee :smile:
I'm doing Criminology & Criminal Justice starting in September
Reply 89
I'll be coming to Bangor to do Psychology in Sept :smile:
Reply 90
Still waiting on Chester to decide if they're giving me an offer or not before I firm Bangor. I wish they'd hurry up - I was planning on putting them as a backup with Bangor as a firm.
I hate Liverpool more than I hate the Nazis.
I'll miss living close to home though, the city's like a 20 minute train ride from home.

I love city life! But I hate not being at home lol.
Original post by DaElf
I'll be coming to Bangor to do Psychology in Sept :smile:

Me too :smile:
Reply 93
Still struggling to find the courage to just put Bangor as my Firm. I know I want too go there, but once I click Firm it's all so final (I'm a re-applicant from last year so I already have my grades).

Help!
Reply 94
Original post by Bluemoon17
Still struggling to find the courage to just put Bangor as my Firm. I know I want too go there, but once I click Firm it's all so final (I'm a re-applicant from last year so I already have my grades).

Help!

Use the Force!

.. Ehem.. Yea, I found it difficult/daunting too, but you really do get some relief after it's done now that that's one less thing to think about!

Good luck :smile:

Me too :smile:

I love city life! But I hate not being at home lol.

Living in (on the edge of) a city all my life has made me hate it, and I think I'll really enjoy the slower pace of life ^^

See you in Sept! :tongue:
Original post by Bluemoon17

Help!

I only applied for Bangor. I'm a re-applicant too and I know it's the only place I wanna be :smile:
Original post by DaElf
Use the Force!

.. Ehem.. Yea, I found it difficult/daunting too, but you really do get some relief after it's done now that that's one less thing to think about!

Good luck :smile:

Living in (on the edge of) a city all my life has made me hate it, and I think I'll really enjoy the slower pace of life ^^

See you in Sept! :tongue:

Yeah the slower pace of life is quite nice :smile: I have enjoyed being in the buzz of a city though.. I would say I like being a city girl but I need to be closer to home because of family stuff. Technically Bangor is a city.. but it's not very city-y at all! Plenty of shops and pubs though.
Reply 97
I got a conditional offer for Accounting and economics. I'm going to the Business open day on the 30th, anybody else going?
Reply 98
Yeah the slower pace of life is quite nice :smile: I have enjoyed being in the buzz of a city though.. I would say I like being a city girl but I need to be closer to home because of family stuff. Technically Bangor is a city.. but it's not very city-y at all! Plenty of shops and pubs though.

That's partly why I chose it; it's about the smallest, quietest University town/city I'm ever going to find! :P

It's gonna be quite a distance for me from home.. about 250 miles in fact!
Original post by DaElf
That's partly why I chose it; it's about the smallest, quietest University town/city I'm ever going to find! :P

It's gonna be quite a distance for me from home.. about 250 miles in fact!

I don't think it's the quietest! Have you heard of Lampeter University lol?

Oh where abouts do you live? I'm about 10 miles away. Definitely wants halls though! Don't think I'd cope if I had to live at home full-time after being away from home this year. And there's nothing like a good old halls party :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest