Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Get a life and stop hating on Muslims

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
    'Hating on Muslims.' Yeah, because that's exactly what I did... Moron.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested on suspicion of committing an offence. If it didn't turn out to be a bomb, then there's no harm done. The kid leaves with a spotless criminal record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n09)
    Christ if you're that scared of electronics because of the possibility it could be a bomb i'd hate to see you in a car.
    If you think his 'clock' looks like something most people would think of when they imagine a clock then go on Amazon right now and find me a clock that looks similar so that I can purchase for my bedside table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    'Hating on Muslims.' Yeah, because that's exactly what I did... Moron.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested on suspicion of committing an offence. If it didn't turn out to be a bomb, then there's no harm done. The kid leaves with a spotless criminal record.
    No he's scarred for life,congrats

ReputationRep:
    I smell racial profiling
    You could be smelling all kinds of ****.

However as many had said there is a first time for everything and we should be diligent in these modern times of terrorism.

Were you arrested?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    If you think his 'clock' looks like something most people would think of when they imagine a clock then go on Amazon right now and find me a clock that looks similar so that I can purchase for my bedside table.
    What are you talking about man, read my post again, i said nothing about a clock.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any evidence to support that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You could be smelling all kinds of ****.

However as many had said there is a first time for everything and we should be diligent in these modern times of terrorism.
    Okay,in that case... Why don't we have metal detectors and heavy security in schools by now,given that a certain demographic are known to be shooting ip schools on a regular basis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Have you got any evidence to support that?
    Are you okay in the head?

Ofcourse he's going to remember this experience. He's only 14. I would be shaking if I was told I'm being arrested after a stupid teacher decided to mistaken a clock for a bomb

ReputationRep:
    continued....

ReputationRep:
    and finally,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Yes, because terrorists obviously give a f*ck about how old somebody is before they strap them with a bomb.
    My comment was more about how he was arrested and handcuffed at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    Yea but there's one reason that none of those other faiths are known so notoriously for it, It's because those other faiths make up peanuts of the total terrorism in the world... I mean honestly, I can't have 3 weeks go by before I hear a new case of Muslims doing something crazy like a shooting spree, mass kidnapping and rape. and this has been happening since before I was born.
    That's funny - Your data must be skewed because even the FBI have commented that acts of terrorism perpertrated by non-muslims in America, outweigh those done by Muslims.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

This goes up to 2005 ^ But if you're about to claim that it just Muslims committing terrorist acts went up exponentially then I hope you have the evidence for it.

Oh, really? And what's the evidence for that? Provide some and I'll concede the point of 'he's scarred for life.'

It's funny, really, because what you're really doing is asking for special treatment. You want the boy to be less liable to be arrested than a non-Muslim kid who came to school with ticking and beeping noises coming from his bag. In a lot of American schools since 9/11, they don't even allow bags, preferring to provide lockers (which also get checked out regularly). Bet you didn't know this, in your hurry to spout some blind pro-Muslim bull****.

Get your priorities right: the lives of hundreds of people are worth more than the feelings of any one kid or his family. You don't get to demand that we cease to be vigilant so you don't have to go through the emotional trauma of not being arrested when you behave suspiciously.

'Scarred for life.' Pah. I doubt he'll even remember this two years from now.

ReputationRep:
    Okay,in that case... Why don't we have metal detectors and heavy security in schools by now,given that a certain demographic are known to be shooting ip schools on a regular basis
    I'm pretty sure many American schools do have metal detectors. We even have them in the UK to stop knife crime in schools.

ReputationRep:

Ofcourse he's going to remember this experience. He's only 14. I would be shaking if I was told I'm being arrested after a stupid teacher decided to mistaken a clock for a bomb
    Shaken up I can understand, but scarred for life is a massive overstatement.

ReputationRep:

He will remember it, but you said scarred for life. ftr I got arrested a few times before I was 14 and I've been nicked for something I didn't do as well, not a single **** was given.

(Original post by jedanselemyia)
    My comment was more about how he was arrested and handcuffed at school.
    Fair enough, but arguing that we should let people off just because they look innocent or because they're minors is not going to go unnoticed.

ReputationRep:
    Ah so America's security system is so tight they can justify arresting a Muslim 14 year old for making a clock, but apparently having a gun is still seen as right for all citizens. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    They do in the US in worse off districts. My school in South Bronx had metal detectors and police officers to hand screen everyone coming through.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.