The Student Room Group

Boston bomber to be executed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by WhiteRooster
What if he didn't do it. What solid evidence is there against him?

It's all bull****, his brother was arrested pictures we show him being arrested then all of a sudden he was in a fire fight and shot dead, it's bull**** all the photographs were photo shopped placing photo shopped back packs on the brothers. all lies main stream media has brain washed the masses, the truth will come out one day tho jahar is innocent!
Original post by hollyobxox
I don't agree with it death because if he was anywhere else then it wouldn't be death it would life, I think we should try and have a similar systm within countries/states/

He was tried in federal court, not state. And, for what it's worth, Boston is in Massachusetts, which doesn't use the death penalty.

You think all states should have the same punishment?
Can't they just lower him into a wood chipper
Original post by h3isenberg
The death penalty is state murder.

Is imprisonment state kidnapping?
Original post by Lady Comstock
It's also the state being unduly nice in this sort of context. He no doubt believes that he will ascend to heaven upon his death as martyr.

The Americans think this is the harshest, ultimate punishment, but a lifetime (especially when you're 21) in a supermax prison is the ultimate punishment.

So, wait, you think the death penalty is the kind compassionate choice?
Original post by Sabertooth
Just so you know, this is untrue.

By whom?

i study Ethics and the statistic was there and also 88% of americans believe it isn't a deterrence
The death penalty is justifiable in this scenario ; a very barbaric act
Original post by Greg Jackson
RIP in peace

Do you actually know what RIP stands for????
I'm suprised he got the death sentence. I thiought because he's white, the judge may go easier on him, judges normally go easier on white men and harder on black men, but he got the death sentence but don't expect this to happen over night, it's gonna be a long while, it could be 7, 8, 9, 10 years (Maybe more) before he meets his maker, what with all the appeals that will take place
Original post by Shabalala

So how about you show some consideration for these people before you stick up for a murdering, cowardly scumbag.

we are NOT sticking up for him or what he did
we are just arguing that we think the death penalty is not right we never said he should just be let off scot free there is other forms of punishment, the other form he would get his life which I personally think is better
Original post by StrangeBanana
He was tried in federal court, not state. And, for what it's worth, Boston is in Massachusetts, which doesn't use the death penalty.

You think all states should have the same punishment?

some consistency would be good.
Original post by Cristocracy
I'm sure if someone shoots your father, mother, and is about to shoot your sister, you would not shoot him back (assuming you had a gun) because killing is always wrong, yes?

No I wouldn't shoot back because that brings me down to their level and then I would get tried, (before you say I have never lost anyone that is not true)
Original post by PrincePaul30000
I'm suprised he got the death sentence. I thiought because he's white, the judge may go easier on him, judges normally go easier on white men and harder on black men, but he got the death sentence but don't expect this to happen over night, it's gonna be a long while, it could be 7, 8, 9, 10 years (Maybe more) before he meets his maker, what with all the appeals that will take place

Why not soon??
Original post by StressedByDay
Why not soon??

There will be appeal after appeal which will drag the whole situation out, then there are more applications to get the lethal injection and it is also more than one injection that is given so.
Original post by Lady Comstock
If a man with a AK47 is running around a shopping mall shooting people, would you suggest it is 'wrong' to kill him to save others?

You wouldn't have to kill him there are other ways
I wouldn't say negotiation because the chances are that wont work,
IF you have a gun as well (I wonder why you had one in the first place) you could aim to shoot him in the foot or the arm to stop him and then you are not killing him
Original post by StressedByDay
Why not soon??

Death row inmates in the U.S. typically spend over a decade awaiting execution. The appeals process in death penalty cases takes time to complete. It takes time because there are multiple steps in the appeals process in death penalty cases. And there are multiple steps because it’s the ultimate punishment and there’s no room for error.

In fact the time it can take be executed has meant some death row inmates can die of old age, but at 21, I doubt that will happen to this guy.

But conditions on death row are grim;

Inmates age fast.That's why a lot as they get older, start to die each year of heart attacks, strokes and cancer.

They are often locked up in a solitary cell for 23 hours a day. Throughout this time, they live in fear that soon they will be strapped to a gurney and pumped full of lethal chemicals.

Some people argue that being death row itself is worse than death, as being on death row amounts to a cruel and unusual punishment of the sort the USA constitution forbids.
(edited 8 years ago)
Death row inmates in the U.S. typically spend over a decade awaiting execution. The appeals process in death penalty cases takes time to complete. It takes time because there are multiple steps in the appeals process in death penalty cases. And there are multiple steps because it’s the ultimate punishment and there’s no room for error.

In fact the time it can take be executed has meant some death row inmates can die of old age, but at 21, I doubt that will happen to this guy.

But conditions on death row are grim;

Inmates age fast.That's why a lot as they get older, start to die each year of heart attacks, strokes and cancer.

They are often locked up in a solitary cell for 23 hours a day. Throughout this time, they live in fear that soon they will be strapped to a gurney and pumped full of lethal chemicals.

Some people argue that being death row itself is worse than death, as being on death row amounts to a cruel and unusual punishment of the sort the USA constitution forbids.

Are you fore or against the death penalty?
Original post by hollyobxox
Are you fore or against the death penalty?

I'm 50/50 on the death penalty.

I'm against it because it's unfairly dished out. Haven't you seen the Green Mile ?

Na. Seriously.

It's subject to a lot of bias, many innocent people get sent to death row and even if they killed someone close to me. I'd want them to get life as I feel in many ways that's just as harsher punishment

But I'd also take the argument that some crimes are so evil that the death sentence is the only option
I'm 50/50 on the death penalty.

I'm against it because it's unfairly dished out. Haven't you seen the Green Mile ?

Na. Seriously.

It's subject to a lot of bias, many innocent people get sent to death row and even if they killed someone close to me. I'd want them to get life as I feel in many ways that's just as harsher punishment

But I'd also take the argument that some crimes are so evil that the death sentence is the only option

no never seen the Green Mile.
I agree with you about if someone I was close to got killed I would want life
Reply 139
Original post by goobypls
to be fair the ****tard deserves it for ruining people's and family's lives.

Yeah, I'm not taking sides. Just saying it's both evil. He shouldn't have done that and yes people would say he deserves the death penalty. But the death penalty is also evil.

Basically, killing in general is evil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending