POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
greengrapes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Or they could just kill him for real?

I've already said all this. My thoughts are that capturing him would open up a whole can of worms the US wouldnt want to be involved in, so they planned an assasination.

Hmm, do I believe you or the fact Al Qaeda have already confirmed his death, and soon you'll see them replacing him with their number two.
and also if usa didnt want to open a can of worms they should not of invaded afghanistan but they did! they are the most powerful country in the world if they can cover up a death and feed everyone lies they can
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
If he had bodyguards, they would be dead and accounted for.

The word firefight means nothing, mainly because they aren't going to claim an execution and make him a martyr.

They've had ten years to plan and train for exactly these situations in the event of locating him. To then suggest they still wouldnt have been able to take him alive is not giving them the credit they deserve. Its too late in the night and I've misplaced by armchair general hat, so I can't be bothered to argue this, but you can't seriously believe one of if not the best equiped, best trained, most experienced, most determined fighting force doesn't have it in them to be able to extract targets alive. How the hell do you think they extract hostages, who are probably heavily guarded and booby trapped?
Trust me, two teams of Seals wouldn't be assembled for something as minor as "VIP Grab"; significant resistance would be expected if there was two teams assembled.

Seal Teams statistically work alone, they knew there was going to be bodyguards.

The word firefight directs between two or more individuals, squads or factions engaging in open combat. It doesn't necessarily mean lots of rounds were fired, but it does mean the enemy has returned fire.

Trust me again, I'm well aware of the success criteria of the Navy Seals, my cousin operates with them. Well, second cousin, but the point stands.
They haven't necessarily trained for him being in a hotel; they trained for cave fighting, by default tight structure interiors with little room to maneuverer. From a hotel roof, they could rappel down, but Bin Laden would have heard the helicopters that brought them in anyway, unless they dropped them off.

From what I gather, the Helicopters remained on station, and provided air-to-ground support. Which further justifies numerous contacts, as well as increasing the risk to Osama's life.

There was no way he was getting out of there alive. As I said, he'd have shot himself anyway, so there wasn't much going for his survival and capture.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
Have you heard of X-number of supporters with AK-47s, AK-74Us and the myriad of other Soviet-Era weaponry left behind that fire real rounds that do kill?

Oh you go right ahead, you attack that compound with rubber rounds whilst they shoot back with live rounds. Oh and tear gas? Yeah, throw forty of those in, you may have time to fire thirty rounds of rubber at someone before the four-minute effect time wears off. :rolleyes:
your telling me the US special forces couldn't capture him?! if they sent enough men in, they'd have him eventually, like the resident evil films
specialm
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
I have had a stun grenade used on me, so I know first hand how effective they are. Maybe tranquillizer darts are pushing it a bit, but they could at least have tried to stun Bin Laden and handcuff him.
To be fair though when you come face to face with the worlds most wanted man who has been at large for 10 years and also after a 40 minute gun fight you dont exactly go; hang on a minute mate i'm just going to stun grenade you, handcuff you then whisk you off to america.

He had to be killed at all costs if not i beleive he would of killed himself he would never be taken alive
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
— Martin Luther King Jr.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
your telling me the US special forces couldn't capture him?! if they sent enough men in, they'd have him eventually, like the resident evil films
Yes I am.

Sent enough men in? Yeah, a battalion straight up the middle? There was nothing to stop him escaping, he either thought his retinue could take them, or he was convinced they wouldn't find him.

No, they wouldn't have him eventually. As I keep saying, do you honestly think he'd just allow himself to be captured? That man would kill himself before falling into the hands of the "infidels".
username547863
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really dont know how you can comment on such operations when you have never been in a firefight in your life. You are taking such an unrealistic, naive view. These guys have been shot at for 40mins. Osama wasnt going to give up.

Also resident evil films? you must be trolling us because i cant believe you could be serious for one second
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I'll take any insult to me, Rant, but please don't insult two people who've fought for this country for seven years. Far be it from me to not allow you your view, so I wont, but in their defense, they've done more then should be asked for one for his or her own country.

If you feel justified to claim them murderers, then that's within your prerogative within the boundaries of free-speech. I shall defend every action the pair of them and every single member of the military over there, however.
People who fight for this country are either very stupid, very evil or both.

We're not talking WW2 and conscription, here. We're talking soldiers today - bloodthirsty little murderers, as bad as Huntley, Shipman, Bin Laden. Except - and this is the worst part - they get paid for it.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
I really dont know how you can comment on such operations when you have never been in a firefight in your life. You are taking such an unrealistic, naive view. These guys have been shot at for 40mins. Osama wasnt going to give up.

Also resident evil films? you must be trolling us because i cant believe you could be serious for one second
and you've been in several special forces firefights i take it? on your laptop from your army base in iraq no?

my point was that sending enough men in (like the zombie films) would take the target down
Jellybean91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On the one hand im glad hes no longer around to even have the chance of killing anyone else, but at the same time, there are things much worse than death!
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jellybean91)
On the one hand im glad hes no longer around to even have the chance of killing anyone else, but at the same time, there are things much worse than death!
whats worse than death in this life?
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jellybean91)
hey again!

whats worse than death?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)

We're not talking WW2 and conscription, here. We're talking soldiers today - bloodthirsty little murderers, as bad as Huntley, Shipman, Bin Laden. Except - and this is the worst part - they get paid for it.
Meh, you are boring. Looking forward to you getting banned.
username547863
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
and you've been in several special forces firefights i take it? on your laptop from your army base in iraq no?

my point was that sending enough men in (like the zombie films) would take the target down
No i havent been in a firefight but ive learnt that in life its easy to say "Why didnt they do this" after it all happened

Also no president or head of state would give the order to rush man after man untill hes captured. Its a stupid tactic to consider and you would never be a strategic commander in the military with ideas like that
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Meh, you are boring. Looking forward to you getting banned.
Banned? For what? For not being an idiotic little right wing **** like yourself?
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)

I have no idea what I've done to offend you, but its hardly necessary to bring my Brother and Step-Brother into it, is it?

I hope they are OK every second of every day, and now that Bin Laden is dead, and the enemy have lost a significant figurehead, I hope that the chances of that increase dramatically.

There's two things I want in life, Rant; my ultimate goal achieved and my Brother and Step-Brother to come back, permanently and preferably in one piece. I've taken **** every day of anti-war people like you, and I actively support your right to free-speech to say such things.

But please, any beef you've got with me should stay with me. Bringing those two into it does nothing but offend me, but hey-ho, you wont listen to such reasoning, I don't think.

Finally; they are over there preventing further terrorist incursions. I hope every day every single one of the brave men and women of the Coalition comes back safe and sound; and every day that hope fails a little bit more because more die.

Whatever your views on the war are, at least have a shred of decency and respect what they are doing. And please attempt to retain some hope they come back alive. If it makes you feel better, Rant, you only get to say all this because we live in Democracy.

They are over there fighting so a nation has a chance at Democracy and by default free-speech. Say what you will, but retain the knowledge they fight for your right to say that.

Seen as you have it out to offend me, my Brother and Step-Brother and every man and woman out there fighting, however, I doubt you'll listen to reason. I am offended that you would like to see my Brother and Step-Brother die, but hell, hopefully you'll retain what shred of decency you have left.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
No i havent been in a firefight but ive learnt that in life its easy to say "Why didnt they do this" after it all happened

Also no president or head of state would give the order to rush man after man untill hes captured. Its a stupid tactic to consider and you would never be a strategic commander in the military with ideas like that
its more important to capture a leader (who could impart valuable information about the rest of alQaeda potentially saving lives), than it is too have a few dozen troops wounded by gunfire
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They are not going to capture him unless he gives up.

If he is firing off his weapon and there is the chance of one of them being killed, they are not going to take a chance.

Think of it this way...if a criminal was holding a weapon that could potentially kill even one police office, the police would have no hesitation in shooting him dead on the spot.
username547863
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its more important to capture a leader (who could impart valuable information about the rest of alQaeda potentially saving lives), than it is too have a few dozen troops wounded by gunfire
Id hate to have you as my commander then, what a great way to inspire your men. They wont do anything for you if they know your going to rush them all in untill he runs out of bullets
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads