Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    Damn, that's the sort of Gym that's getting reported. Any news on whether the 3 reports thing is true? Kind of scares me off gyms.
    First I've heard of gyms being reported? More info plx.

There's a level 9 Instinct gym with Dragonites/Snorlax from CP 1700 to 3000 - wish I had something to put in.. think they've held it for a week already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    First I've heard of gyms being reported? More info plx.

There's a level 9 Instinct gym with Dragonites/Snorlax from CP 1700 to 3000 - wish I had something to put in.. think they've held it for a week already!
    Quite a few people have been either spoofing or botting the game in order to get higher CP Pokemon. As such, there is a report feature on Niantic's website where you can report people you suspect are cheating. They had a massive ban wave a few weeks ago, getting rid of hundreds of accounts that had 3500+ CP Pokemon (which would be almost impossible to get legitimately).

The one downside is that there are a few legitimate accounts that have been reported simply because the owners' have been playing the game every minute of every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Quite a few people have been either spoofing or botting the game in order to get higher CP Pokemon. As such, there is a report feature on Niantic's website where you can report people you suspect are cheating. They had a massive ban wave a few weeks ago, getting rid of hundreds of accounts that had 3500+ CP Pokemon (which would be almost impossible to get legitimately).

The one downside is that there are a few legitimate accounts that have been reported simply because the owners' have been playing the game every minute of every day.
    Ah I knew there were some bans but didn't realise for cheating to get higher CP. Those Dragonites weren't higher than expected tbh considering how great their CP can be.

So picked up another 10 eggs - 3x 2km, 6x 5km and 1x 10km.. not a great ratio to have picked up a single 10km egg in the last 20..

Has anyone sussed out if there is any magic to getting eggs? Or is it unknown/random?

Ideally I want a Snorlax. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I got an Eevee or Dratini for the candy for long term evolutions. A Lapras I could trade in and use the candy to power my 2k one. Omanyte/Kabuto should mean enough candy to add the evolution to my pokedex. Will be fuming if I get another Magmar..

ReputationRep:
    Ah I knew there were some bans but didn't realise for cheating to get higher CP. Those Dragonites weren't higher than expected tbh considering how great their CP can be.

So picked up another 10 eggs - 3x 2km, 6x 5km and 1x 10km.. not a great ratio to have picked up a single 10km egg in the last 20..

Has anyone sussed out if there is any magic to getting eggs? Or is it unknown/random?

Ideally I want a Snorlax. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I got an Eevee or Dratini for the candy for long term evolutions. A Lapras I could trade in and use the candy to power my 2k one. Omanyte/Kabuto should mean enough candy to add the evolution to my pokedex. Will be fuming if I get another Magmar..
    You're more likely to get 10k eggs from "better" Pokestops, apparently. i.e. the shop around the corner won't give you good items but the monument to the Great Fire of London will give you better items. Unsure if this translates to eggs but it would make sense for it to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    You're more likely to get 10k eggs from "better" Pokestops, apparently. i.e. the shop around the corner won't give you good items but the monument to the Great Fire of London will give you better items. Unsure if this translates to eggs but it would make sense for it to.
    Better pokestops as in what it is or the ones which are more popular? So like the stop outside a tube station probably gets used more or better to go to an actual monument?

So far I've been evolving everything I can - so 4 Gastlys into 4 Haunters rather than one into a Gengar - presume there is no real benefit in filling pokedex? Maybe I'll do more of that once I've hit level 25..

ReputationRep:
    Better pokestops as in what it is or the ones which are more popular? So like the stop outside a tube station probably gets used more or better to go to an actual monument?

So far I've been evolving everything I can - so 4 Gastlys into 4 Haunters rather than one into a Gengar - presume there is no real benefit in filling pokedex? Maybe I'll do more of that once I've hit level 25..
    I'm not sure what constitutes as "better" but it tends to be more famous landmarks. It could definitely be frequency of use though.

There's no real benefit for filling the Pokedex as of yet, but that is kinda the point of the game .

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is it possible to work out a pokemon's max CP going by its progress bar?
    After hatching about 8 2k eggs, finally managed to hatch a starter (Bulbasaur again) with the stats in the below screenshot.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473499102.778449.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  78.5 KB

Also, all I seem to get are bulbasaurs from eggs, never got a squirtle, Charmander or a Pikachu at all from eggs. Is this just really crappy luck or am I doomed to only get bulbasaurs from eggs in terms of starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, is it possible to work out a pokemon's max CP going by its progress bar?
    After hatching about 8 2k eggs, finally managed to hatch a starter (Bulbasaur again) with the stats in the below screenshot.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473499102.778449.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  78.5 KB

Also, all I seem to get are bulbasaurs from eggs, never got a squirtle, Charmander or a Pikachu at all from eggs. Is this just really crappy luck or am I doomed to only get bulbasaurs from eggs in terms of starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Use this IV calculator and use the advanced options:

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator?hl=en

You put in your team and the appraisal information they give you and that will narrow down.

I prefer this calculator:

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

it usually shows you what your pokemon will also be once evolved. Lately it's been giving me more errors though..

ReputationRep:
    Alright, looks like the app is doing wonders for my health again.
    Managed 18 miles yesterday and didn't get a bus or drive once, all on foot. =D

Trying to get as much exercise in as I can before semester stats at uni...
    Gained a little weight (can tell by looking at my gut) over the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So after my moaning about not enough 10km eggs, (1 in 20 eggs), I've now picked up another 2x 10km eggs so got 3 currently being incubated.

Hoping that one of them is something good..

ReputationRep:
    I caught a wild Vaporeon the other day.

Only ever caught 2 Eevees so that was a welcome find.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, was given a Itunes gift card a little while ago and now have a full inv of 5k eggs and my 10k egg is in an incubator with about 7k left to go.
    Can you use Itunes Cards on Pokemon Go? =l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, was given a Itunes gift card a little while ago and now have a full inv of 5k eggs and my 10k egg is in an incubator with about 7k left to go.
    Can you use Itunes Cards on Pokemon Go? =l
    Can they be used to add credit to the whatever the store app is called on apple stuff, or only credit on iTunes itself. If the for!er, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Can they be used to add credit to the whatever the store app is called on apple stuff, or only credit on iTunes itself. If the for!er, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest, I have no idea.
    I've only had my Iphone for the last month (first ever Iphone) and so, don't know much about it.

That's why I asked on here. =l

ReputationRep:
    So the Buddy Pokemon update should be coming soon... who will be your first buddy Pokemon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    So the Buddy Pokemon update should be coming soon... who will be your first buddy Pokemon?
    Finally! Taken a week longer than everyone anticipated.

Not sure.. probably my 2k Lapras since I could do with another 5 candies to boost a couple more times?

Otherwise might try and evolve a Growlithe or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    Dratini or a starter.
    Was going to be a Gastly but I've noticed since moving to my student accommodation, they're quite common. So not needed any more.

Also, Growlithe could be a good one for me. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With the buddy system, do we know if there's any advantage with having evolved forms vs base forms of pokemon as a buddy? 3 candies for a dragonite vs 1 for dratini etc. or is that purely aesthetic in the game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    With the buddy system, do we know if there's any advantage with having evolved forms vs base forms of pokemon as a buddy? 3 candies for a dragonite vs 1 for dratini etc. or is that purely aesthetic in the game?
    I think base/evolved forms make no difference.

So far it sounds like distance walked = candies earned. So you might only have to walk 1km to get a bulbasaur candy but you'll need to walk 3km to get a dratini candy.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is there a reason the only starter I ever get from 2k eggs is always a Bulbasaur or is it just crap luck?

EDIT:
    Wouldn't mind a good Charmander/Squirtle (All Squirtles I ever get have terrible IVs...)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.