The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Just checking - this exam is in the afternoon, right?

yep, 1:30-3:00
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
14 marker on rates of change.. impossible

Obviously in parts (e.g.- (a) (b), etc.). Nonetheless, I'd say this is pretty feasible. Considering vectors has come up frequently, knowing Edexcel I'd say it won't make up as much of the paper as it has previously (or so I secretly hope cos vectors iz not good)... But we'll never know, I guess lol.

Spoiler

Original post by Dalliance
Do you actually get a mark normally for the (+c) in integration?

its important in differential equations, others not so much, but include it anyway, as you definitely wont lose a point
Original post by ember8
its important in differential equations, others not so much, but include it anyway, as you definitely wont lose a point

ah k, thanks
I think if its one of the questions near the beginning of the test it can be worth a mark, but in the papers I've been doing today they give you the mark with or without the +c. Id put it there just to be sure though!
If anyone wants to do a horrible question q8 jan 2008 is nasty nasty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgotten how you do this :frown: How do you integrate cos(x/2) ?
Original post by Leking9
I feel your pain dude, how did you find econ3?

I think I got an A for econ3.... I went from not being able to finish a paper 2 days before the exam to doing every question in the paper... I did question 10... I kinda struggled with thinking about points for contestability but I manage to get at least 3 down with 2 application references, so I think I should get at least around 12/16 for that question... maybe a little lower... but overall I think I did pretty decent...

For C3 though, I'm really gutted over it... I spent less time on C3 as I was pretty good at it at the time and I couldn't do Econ3, so I panicked and spent 2 days straight on econ 3 before the exam... by the time I got the C3, I was a little out of touch with it and made so many stupid mistakes..

I may have gotten a borderline A or maybe a high B.... that's not good enough.. I need a A* for maths... :frown:

All we can do now is do our best in C4 and S2/M2 (which ever one you're doing)...
even if we don't get an A*, we can try and get the highest possible ums above 480.. hopefully, having a high enough ums above 480 will give be enough for the uni to give us some leeway...
Original post by ember8
mines got too long winded, ive ended up with cubic functions, any chance you could send me a picture of your working?

here
Original post by JayGreen
Newtons laws of cooling?? Has any one else never heard of this??

Yeah, isn't it the law that says that the rate of change of temperature of an object is proportional to the difference between its current temperature and the temperature of its surroundings?
Original post by JayGreen
Newtons laws of cooling?? Has any one else never heard of this??

Don't worry I just checked, it's not some specific topic it's just an example question for forming differential equations
Original post by TheAnnabelle
If anyone wants to do a horrible question q8 jan 2008 is nasty nasty

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it this afternoon and lost 1 mark. That mark was on part b :lol:

It was the only mark I lost on the paper as well :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRaspberry

cosx would turn into sinx, inside would remain the same, multiply the outside by the the differential of 2x divided by 1, in this case its 2

2sin(x/2) i think
hope this helped!
just use intergration/chain rule
Original post by Bustamove
x

I'm guessing your offer is A*AA, so which uni, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I'm guessing your offer is A*AA, so which uni, if you don't mind me asking?

UCL for economics
A* emphasis on maths... I've definitely not met that criteria..
I can only hope that I get AAA and a very high UMS in maths.. maybe they'll still take me...
Original post by ember8
cosx would turn into sinx, inside would remain the same, multiply the outside by the the differential of 2x divided by 1, in this case its 2

2sin(x/2) i think
hope this helped!
just use intergration/chain rule

Cheers!
Original post by TheRaspberry

the rule is cos(ax+b) =1/a sin(ax+b) +c
so in this case cos(x/2) =1/1/2 sin(x/2) +c
= 2sin(x/2) +c
Need help on part dImageUploadedByStudent Room1434400736.702222.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1738
should I visualise 3d vectors in 2d? Would it still work??
Original post by Maham88
here

wow, ive never had to use sina +sinb before as ive only been doing edexcel papers till now, thankyou, really appreciate that! do you think thatll come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending