The Student Room Group

Wjec c2 may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack1066
tbh, while I'm sort of generalising here, the people who go on twitter to rant about their exams may not be the type of people who would have done well anyway.

I think 70 UMS for full, and 57 for an A

Very true. I was thinking of that myself haha
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
n=25 because you can't have a negative time. The solutions of the quadratic eqn. Were something like: (x-25)(x+30) hence, x=25 and x=-30. Although it would be impossible for it to be -30 surely? I know!!! The logs one was a nightmare, I got some answer though, d^x=4. But I can't remember if that was it, it was something I have never seen before anyway😂

my teacher got d^x = 4 as well so i think thats right, i couldn't cancel the logs it was so annoying
Original post by ovo_zverit
WJEC really know how to mug people off, was a hard paper.

Anyone else get 6.6 recurring for the radius in the last question????

yesss i rounded it to 6.7 though
Original post by Ell01
After looking at that mark scheme I feel okay but I think the grade boundaries are going to be normal-high 😕

where is the unofficial mark scheme? i can't find it anywhere :s
Original post by FusionNetworks
The last question, I got 6.7 cm.

Yes d= 4/Z

Yeah I also got 6.7 cm for last question. Guys btw do you think the grade boundaries will go down this year as I found this paper harder than the other past paper struggling with similar questions to you guys like the equation of the circle C2 and didn't do the t12+ t13 question though looking at the solution was easier than I thought. Hope grade boundaries go down as I did worse than I expected and felt well prepared.
Original post by Geomatrix123
Yeah I also got 6.7 cm for last question. Guys btw do you think the grade boundaries will go down this year as I found this paper harder than the other past paper struggling with similar questions to you guys like the equation of the circle C2 and didn't do the t12+ t13 question though looking at the solution was easier than I thought. Hope grade boundaries go down as I did worse than I expected and felt well prepared.

70/75 is a realistic prediction for the 100 ums. So the boundaries will be very similar or the same as last year imo.

To be fair, doing wjec past papers isn't sufficient any more, even if you do them all. The papers are evolving. In future it would be advisable to look to Edexcel and Aqa questions and really push yourself.
Original post by Geomatrix123

That paper definitely went badly for me but, yeah I'm hoping they do drop a little bit. Quite a few people in my school found it quite difficult and so have a lot of other people by the sounds of it.
I dont know how this has happened, but I got 100 in c2. Pretty bloody happy with that
I dont know how this has happened, but I got 100 in c2. Pretty bloody happy with that

Congrats. I got 96. Got 100 on m1 though
Original post by PedanticStudent
Congrats. I got 96. Got 100 on m1 though

bloody hell well done on that. got 94 in that and 93 in C1.

I checked the grade boundaries and for C1 especially its pretty high in terms of raw marks.
bloody hell well done on that. got 94 in that and 93 in C1.

I checked the grade boundaries and for C1 especially its pretty high in terms of raw marks.

Made a few silly silly errors on c1 hence why I dropped off a little. Meh, we're only talking 6 or 7 ums from what I could have had. Overall, I'm pretty happy as I wanted 90%+ in all modules.
I had 100 in c1&2 woopwoop! 583 overall :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any mark scheme available?
Original post by benowen3
Any mark scheme available?

https://jacktilson.net/edu/maths

I have a big table of all of them on my site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending