The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ivoryfall
I'm wondering if anyone knows, because my reference is from the Director of Language studies from OU, it is purely academic, they have stated in my reference that they cannot give predicted grades (presumably because the module won't have started being assessed until passed the application deadline). Is this going to disadvantage me?

We've noticed you've posted a few queries in TSR but the details of your application are scattered across threads. If you would like to PM us we'll be happy to offer advice.
i want to apply for engineering science with AAAA at AS (in maths, further maths, physics and german, all 90%+) and 8 A*s and 2 As at gcse but i haven't started revising for the physics aptitude test properly yet and i haven't started my personal statement either so i really feel like it's too late to apply to oxford at this point (i don't know if i consciously try to ruin opportunities for myself but it's a real problem lmao). has anyone else not started revising for an aptitude test yet? or not started their PS?
Original post by tanyapotter
i want to apply for engineering science with AAAA at AS (in maths, further maths, physics and german, all 90%+) and 8 A*s and 2 As at gcse but i haven't started revising for the physics aptitude test properly yet and i haven't started my personal statement either so i really feel like it's too late to apply to oxford at this point (i don't know if i consciously try to ruin opportunities for myself but it's a real problem lmao). has anyone else not started revising for an aptitude test yet? or not started their PS?

Yup same position pretty much here. Haven't revised for the TSA (although in fairness it doesn't seem like you can do much for it) and haven't started my PS. It's certainly not too late to apply, there's plenty of time until the deadline
Original post by midgemeister7
Yup same position pretty much here. Haven't revised for the TSA (although in fairness it doesn't seem like you can do much for it) and haven't started my PS. It's certainly not too late to apply, there's plenty of time until the deadline

That's comforting - which course are you looking to apply for? Unfortunately, for the PAT there actually is an awful lot that can be done in preparation for it but I'm just so lazy!! Hopefully will do some by the end of this week.
Could I submit coursework as my piece of written work?
Reply 1845

I'm applying for maths. I've done a draft personal statement but haven't really started preparing much for the MAT yet but I have been teaching myself FP2 over the summer.
Original post by DCDude
You'll be told which college you've been allocated to; as many as 30% of students in any given year are pooled to another college for interviews as well- that's why you don't send it in until you know the college.

Don't worry *too* much about this part- it generally works out as long as you keep track of the deadlines.

When would I be told? And sure, thanks for the help.
Reply 1847

Meeeeee :biggrin: too scared to start either!

Start revising for the PAT right now. Go. Do it.

The personal statement doesn't take long. Do it tonight.

You have more than a month. :smile:
Original post by NT226
I'm applying for maths. I've done a draft personal statement but haven't really started preparing much for the MAT yet but I have been teaching myself FP2 over the summer.

Nice, so you have done much more than me. Good luck
Original post by ombtom
Start revising for the PAT right now. Go. Do it.

The personal statement doesn't take long. Do it tonight.

You have more than a month. :smile:

AAAHHH!!!!!! OKAY I WILL i'm scared
Hey guys
When do you receive your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea. I haven't heard anything yet? But I'm waiting till I go back to school. So maybe you should wait till then?
Original post by n.safar4
Hey guys
When do you receive your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, but I think that you can get your predicted grades when you go back to school? Or you could just email your individual subject teachers and see what they say?
Anybody else get into the Year 13 Application Day?
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, but I think that you can get your predicted grades when you go back to school? Or you could just email your individual subject teachers and see what they say?

Well I asked my classmates and they said they issue it in January so how will I provide this to Oxford? :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I asked my classmates and they said they issue it in January so how will I provide this to Oxford? :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine were mentioned in the reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that certainly can't be the case! If I were you I'd talk to your teachers and inform them of your intentions to apply to Oxford. So just let them know.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Who's in charge of your reference? They should know how to get hold of your predicted grades. My school also didn't "publish" predicted grades until after the Oxbridge deadline but my referee just contacted my teachers to request predicted grades and that was no problem.
If I have AAABB at As does anyone think I could get a place?

Latest

Trending

Trending