The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Accommodation 2009

I got a text today saying I'd been allocated a place at Hayes Wharf for this year. I'm glad I've finally got something. I guess I'd rather have been in courts but It looks fairly impressive.

Anybody lived there want to shatter my dreams? Is it a similar layout to courts? Are there lots of freshers or will there be more second / third years? I've read that it doesn't have quite the same atmosphere, but I suppose it's all what you make of it really.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What flat are you going to be in? Me and my boyfriend are moving there as well, we're both second years and it does tend to be a place for second and third years. It is a lot quieter than courts but you can always find several people around to go out with. Plus, they are not likely to put you in a flat that doesnt have other freshers in it.

Its a lot nicer than courts in that you have an actual living area bit and sofas, and it tends to feel a lot cleaner. Courts is a bit rough really.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I don't know my flat number or anything yet, I guess it's because I haven't rung up to confirm.

I've done a little research and I may quickly see what alternatives are available before i accept, because I've heard a few horror stories!
Reply 3
Fair enough.
Theres horror stories for every halls and to be honest I think the only way you can get a proper idea is to look around each and all of them yourself. I know we went round so many because we were made to live in Brayford Quay because of my course.

You can always see if courts has anything, its the livliest place for freshers.
Reply 4
Me and my girlfriend have been allocated a place at Pavilions

Its reserved apparently and we are waiting for a letter explaining some online system of confirming or something

Straight over my head if i'm honest
Reply 5
That's true, I suppose. I can't really judge till I've been there. The accommodation people have been very helpful though, I've asked if I can be moved to Brayford Quay and they said it should be fine.

Courts are full, I'm told, so I looked at the similar private accommodation and it seems to offer pretty much what I need and is also the cheapest (which is very important to me!)

Looks like the official move in dates are the weekend of 19th-20th judging from what I've read. Less than a month to go, I'm so excited :smile:
Reply 6
Just got a letter from Pavilions saying we have to pay our first rent installment on arrival

Surely they would wait until we have our finance?
oooo pavs is nice :smile: but courts are indeed rough but good for a laugh but there are quite a few freshers who dont stay in courts for their first year

good luck!
dragon20
Just got a letter from Pavilions saying we have to pay our first rent installment on arrival

Surely they would wait until we have our finance?

I applied for courts and ended up living in pavilions as courts was full, luckily we paid the same price as halls which was good. Expect to hear everything through the walls though, i heard my mates ipod through it...

Either way, they do expect a payment from you on arrival, i had to use my overdraft but I know a lot of people just borrowed of their parents.
Reply 9
I seriously can't afford it.....

It sucks :frown:
Reply 10
I've just been allocated CRM Student Accomodation. Anyone lived here or know someone who has and can tell me what it's like?!?! I'm a little worried about it not being the Uni accomodation and maybe not being with first years and stuff, and if anyone can tell me anything to set my mind at ease, I'd be grateful!!!!
Sorry, never heard of them? Did you apply for courts?
Reply 12
CRM is Bradford Quay, I think. They try to put freshers together so you shouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah, it is Brayford Quays, It was just written as something else in something i read and i was confused! lol

I really do hope that they put freshers together =p

I did apply for courts as both my first and second choices, en suite then non en-suite. But I'm really hoping that it'll be just as good =D
Reply 14
I've applied for Brayford Quay too so at least that's one other fresher!
I was with 3 other freshers in my flat, the other two were third years. Same with my mates flat
Reply 16
We have sorted accommodation :biggrin:
Its gonna go on my gfs overdraft and then pay it off

:biggrin:
Mossy212
Yeah, it is Brayford Quays, It was just written as something else in something i read and i was confused! lol

I really do hope that they put freshers together =p

I did apply for courts as both my first and second choices, en suite then non en-suite. But I'm really hoping that it'll be just as good =D

Brayford Quays is a very good accommodation, and they make every effort to put freshers together so you'll be fine.
Reply 18
Got my accomodation stuff yesterday, I'll be in Park Court or something, haven't had the chance to look at it properly yet. Does anyone know if it's any good?
I should be in Courts, had the accom contracts on results day and had them filled in, posted and deposit payed same day :smile:

Latest