The Student Room Group

My friend wants to download windows 7 on his laptop

My friend wants to download Windows 7 on his laptop, can anyone tell me how to download it.
That will be a problem as Microsoft has stopped supporting that Windows in 2020 and last extended security update was Jan 2023. Can't he use Windows 8.1?
Original post by rahulkumarsree
My friend wants to download Windows 7 on his laptop, can anyone tell me how to download it.

Do you really mean Windows 7? The Windows 7 which was first released in October 2009 (almost 14 years ago) and for which the final release was in February 2011 (over 12 years ago). That Windows 7?

Best using windows 10/11 as Microsoft has stopped supporting the older operating systems.

Is this for a project/special use case or just for daily use?

If it's the latter, better to stick to Windows 10/11, or even Linux. Windows 7 was released in 2009, probably won't work phenomenally well on modern hardware, and most crucially, hasn't received regular security updates since the start of 2020.
ok Thanks for your response guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending