The Student Room Group

apply for Msc in Data Science as a mature student

Hi, I am in my 40s and am considering to study for a Data Science Masters degree here in UK. I am considering to apply for UCL and Warwick but not sure if I would be qualified for it since my university degrees were based outside of UK + the latest one was since 2009. I am also currently doing a MITX micromasters course in Stats and Data Science, but it seems that this is likely not recognized by any of these universities in UK.

I'd like to ask for advice from other mature students out there who had successfully got in for these two unis, or some other options which I could consider to apply to instead?
Original post by vivien_s
Hi, I am in my 40s and am considering to study for a Data Science Masters degree here in UK. I am considering to apply for UCL and Warwick but not sure if I would be qualified for it since my university degrees were based outside of UK + the latest one was since 2009. I am also currently doing a MITX micromasters course in Stats and Data Science, but it seems that this is likely not recognized by any of these universities in UK.

I'd like to ask for advice from other mature students out there who had successfully got in for these two unis, or some other options which I could consider to apply to instead?

Hi there,

I am a third year Mathematics and Statistics student at Lancaster university. I thought I would mention our Data Science Masters which you can find out more about at:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/postgraduate-courses/data-science-msc/#course-entry

I am no where near an expert at admissions, especially those related to degrees not based in the UK, but I would advise you to look at this helpful list that breaks down qualifications accepted by country:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/entry-requirements/postgraduate-qualifications/

I hope I have been able to give you another option to consider. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending