The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Not wanting to sound superior, but I actually though that was quite easy.

In terms of leaving your answers as pie we all just left it as

20000-5000pi

or in my case

5000(4-pi)

which is best as I could do unless if you went pedantic and put every term as a product of pi:

pi(20000/pi) + 5000pi.

I'm so annoyed I failed to spot 423 / 990 is 27/110 (think those were the numbers... not sure).

Did anybody else find that okay/easy?
Reply 21
That was eas................ily one of the hardest papers I've ever done.

For Jack I said he got 17 right with the following (crap) formula:

4x - (30-x) +25. Dunno how wrong it was.

I failed to actually put an answer for the cylinder question.

Regards

oilcan

P.S. Any idea of grade boundaries?
Reply 22
Seriously everybody found it hard :eek:?

It was easy (or as much as a higher tier paper can be expected to be). Seriously, I answered all the questions eventually, and cant think of any that I felt I had done wrong. It was all at least reasonable - vectors, graphs factorising, cylinders, probablilty - the lot!

I did get 0.75t+0.25s whoever asked (for the vectors).
omfg i found tht literally impossible!!! i was jst sitting there like i cant so this, mucked up the sin x graph questions didnt have a clue, didnt do the jack question, only 1 i could do was the surds question an tht was at a push!! the last question abt probabilty i completely f*d up, seriusly i had spent so much time doing past papers an ill be lucky if i get 30%.,....
Reply 24
er - no :confused:
Reply 25
neverfinished
omfg i found tht literally impossible!!! i was jst sitting there like i cant so this, mucked up the sin x graph questions didnt have a clue, didnt do the jack question, only 1 i could do was the surds question an tht was at a push!! the last question abt probabilty i completely f*d up, seriusly i had spent so much time doing past papers an ill be lucky if i get 30%.,....

Well 30% is probably a C at least. Im sure you did fine.
staylor
Well 30% is probably a C at least. Im sure you did fine.

dude i hope so, ah wel no point dwelling on the past. eng. tomoz gd luck every1.
Reply 27
will some1 pls explain as fully as possible the jack question, as im thinkin i missed a question out
err.. what WAS that? People we CRYING behind me (which totally didn't help). Maybe Jack should just work out his own marks... or check is paper? And WHY so many graphs? Ah well.. bye bye A*....
I thought it was ok but there were a few tricky questions and i jus realsied ive made a few mistakes, damn.

I hated the one where you had to find p and q. I completely left it out and to find the point A i just guessed and put -5,0.

The vectors one was good. And the probability at the end, the last question, did you all get 0.7?

The cylinder, part 1 was good, but the second part i made a mistake, and thought i couldnt subtract it cos the volume of the box was smaller than the volume of the 20 cylinders, argh. Silly mistakes. Aqa are making the exams so much harder this year tho.
Reply 30
i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!
Reply 31
For Jack I said he got 17 right

Yep same here.

staylor
Seriously everybody found it hard :eek:?

It was easy (or as much as a higher tier paper can be expected to be). Seriously, I answered all the questions eventually, and cant think of any that I felt I had done wrong. It was all at least reasonable - vectors, graphs factorising, cylinders, probablilty - the lot!

I did get 0.75t+0.25s whoever asked (for the vectors).

I got the same for vectors. Glad to see somebody else found it easy.
Bowie88
i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!

Phew I feel better now.

The Jack one, it took me ages to think of that. The first part was 30-x. Second part was ..I cant remember but I got 17 for the 3rd part so it worked out.
For Jack I said he got 17 right with the following (crap) formula:

4x - (30-x) +25. Dunno how wrong it was.

I got that too.... Also

Seriously everybody found it hard ?

It was easy

What exam did YOU do exactly? :confused:
davidt
Yep same here.

I got the same for vectors. Glad to see somebody else found it easy.
I also got that for the vectors, phew.
Reply 35
How did everyone did the question on square with diagnals of 8cm. we had to find the area. i got 64cm^2. i spent about 15 minutes on this one.

i used pythagarous to work it out......hypatanous was 8cm so using

pythagarous theorem a^2+b^2=(8)^2

as it was square so a and be must be the same lenght e.g 32+32=64

this question was also on intermediate paper and one of my mate didn't read teh question properly and assumed that the given legth of 8cm was each side. He just did 8x8=64 Wowwwwwwwww toook him 1 seconds........

Charikaar
Grr it was hard! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hopefully just scraped an A. My coursework was really good so hopefully that will help me get an A... Got the cylinder question right, so am happy about that. But, yeah it was hard! I hope the calc paper is a bit nicer!
Reply 37
charikaar
How did everyone did the question on square with diagnals of 8cm. we had to find the area. i got 64cm^2. i spent about 15 minutes on this one.

i used pythagarous to work it out......hypatanous was 8cm so using

pythagarous theorem a^2+b^2=(8)^2

as it was square so a and be must be the same lenght e.g 32+32=64

this question was also on intermediate paper and one of my mate didn't read teh question properly and assumed that the given legth of 8cm was each side. He just did 8x8=64 Wowwwwwwwww toook him 1 seconds........

Charikaar

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn me the correct answer is 32cm^2
****, it was hard. Everyone around me was suffering from trauma!! Wanted to cry :frown: . I hope to hell the calculators nicer, I was on an A/B borderline but I think we can screw that now. I thought it was ridiculously difficult.

Though I'm glad everyone else feels the same. I'm going to stop dwelling and not allow myself to become demoralised.
Reply 39
Ninja32
i did aqa maths...non calc but i do modular assessment, so dont think i did same paper as u, tho we did have sum hard vectors on there! our paper was harder than any past papers, wtf is it with aqa this yr? german was hard as well

I've just done that one too, I agree, very hard :frown: and so not like anything that was on any of the past papers I've done. Grrrr!

Latest