Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to sound superior, but I actually though that was quite easy.

In terms of leaving your answers as pie we all just left it as

20000-5000pi

or in my case

5000(4-pi)

which is best as I could do unless if you went pedantic and put every term as a product of pi:

pi(20000/pi) + 5000pi.

I'm so annoyed I failed to spot 423 / 990 is 27/110 (think those were the numbers... not sure).

Did anybody else find that okay/easy?

ReputationRep:
    That was eas................ily one of the hardest papers I've ever done.

For Jack I said he got 17 right with the following (crap) formula:

4x - (30-x) +25. Dunno how wrong it was.

I failed to actually put an answer for the cylinder question.

Regards

oilcan

P.S. Any idea of grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else's graph on the first page (modular) look a bit... wonky?

mine looked like a w

ReputationRep:
    Seriously everybody found it hard :eek:?

It was easy (or as much as a higher tier paper can be expected to be). Seriously, I answered all the questions eventually, and cant think of any that I felt I had done wrong. It was all at least reasonable - vectors, graphs factorising, cylinders, probablilty - the lot!

I did get 0.75t+0.25s whoever asked (for the vectors).

ReputationRep:
    omfg i found tht literally impossible!!! i was jst sitting there like i cant so this, mucked up the sin x graph questions didnt have a clue, didnt do the jack question, only 1 i could do was the surds question an tht was at a push!! the last question abt probabilty i completely f*d up, seriusly i had spent so much time doing past papers an ill be lucky if i get 30%.,....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratatouille)
    did anyone else's graph on the first page (modular) look a bit... wonky?

mine looked like a w
    er - no :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverfinished)
    omfg i found tht literally impossible!!! i was jst sitting there like i cant so this, mucked up the sin x graph questions didnt have a clue, didnt do the jack question, only 1 i could do was the surds question an tht was at a push!! the last question abt probabilty i completely f*d up, seriusly i had spent so much time doing past papers an ill be lucky if i get 30%.,....
    Well 30% is probably a C at least. Im sure you did fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Well 30% is probably a C at least. Im sure you did fine.

dude i hope so, ah wel no point dwelling on the past. eng. tomoz gd luck every1.

ReputationRep:
    will some1 pls explain as fully as possible the jack question, as im thinkin i missed a question out

ReputationRep:
    i think that was for non-modular maths-

bad luck if you were doing non-modular

ReputationRep:
    err.. what WAS that? People we CRYING behind me (which totally didn't help). Maybe Jack should just work out his own marks... or check is paper? And WHY so many graphs? Ah well.. bye bye A*....

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok but there were a few tricky questions and i jus realsied ive made a few mistakes, damn.

I hated the one where you had to find p and q. I completely left it out and to find the point A i just guessed and put -5,0.

The vectors one was good. And the probability at the end, the last question, did you all get 0.7?

The cylinder, part 1 was good, but the second part i made a mistake, and thought i couldnt subtract it cos the volume of the box was smaller than the volume of the 20 cylinders, argh. Silly mistakes. Aqa are making the exams so much harder this year tho.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    For Jack I said he got 17 right
    Yep same here.

(Original post by staylor)
    Seriously everybody found it hard :eek:?

It was easy (or as much as a higher tier paper can be expected to be). Seriously, I answered all the questions eventually, and cant think of any that I felt I had done wrong. It was all at least reasonable - vectors, graphs factorising, cylinders, probablilty - the lot!

I did get 0.75t+0.25s whoever asked (for the vectors).
    I got the same for vectors. Glad to see somebody else found it easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!
    Phew I feel better now.

The Jack one, it took me ages to think of that. The first part was 30-x. Second part was ..I cant remember but I got 17 for the 3rd part so it worked out.

ReputationRep:
    For Jack I said he got 17 right with the following (crap) formula:

4x - (30-x) +25. Dunno how wrong it was.
    I got that too.... Also

Seriously everybody found it hard ?

It was easy

What exam did YOU do exactly? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)
    Yep same here.

I got the same for vectors. Glad to see somebody else found it easy.
    I also got that for the vectors, phew.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone did the question on square with diagnals of 8cm. we had to find the area. i got 64cm^2. i spent about 15 minutes on this one.

i used pythagarous to work it out......hypatanous was 8cm so using

pythagarous theorem a^2+b^2=(8)^2

as it was square so a and be must be the same lenght e.g 32+32=64

this question was also on intermediate paper and one of my mate didn't read teh question properly and assumed that the given legth of 8cm was each side. He just did 8x8=64 Wowwwwwwwww toook him 1 seconds........

Charikaar

ReputationRep:
    Grr it was hard! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hopefully just scraped an A. My coursework was really good so hopefully that will help me get an A... Got the cylinder question right, so am happy about that. But, yeah it was hard! I hope the calc paper is a bit nicer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charikaar)
    How did everyone did the question on square with diagnals of 8cm. we had to find the area. i got 64cm^2. i spent about 15 minutes on this one.

i used pythagarous to work it out......hypatanous was 8cm so using

pythagarous theorem a^2+b^2=(8)^2

as it was square so a and be must be the same lenght e.g 32+32=64

this question was also on intermediate paper and one of my mate didn't read teh question properly and assumed that the given legth of 8cm was each side. He just did 8x8=64 Wowwwwwwwww toook him 1 seconds........

Charikaar

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn me the correct answer is 32cm^2

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.