The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Getting to the uni from Birmingham airport

Can anyone help me out on this? I will be arriving at Birmingham airport and would like to know the best way to get to the university from here. (avoiding taxis of course :biggrin:)

Thanks.
Reply 1
you can get the shuttle train from the airport to birmingham international station (that's free and takes about 5 minutes) then get a train to coventry from there.... you can get a bus from outside coventry station to campus :-)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Yeh, the OP has described the best way. It really isn't long and you will only need to catch the one train which should cost a couple of pounds.
I live abroad too and I always take a taxi to be honest, as I hate faffing with other transport systems.

To take a taxi from the airport to the campus normally costs just under 40 pounds and there are always taxis lined up waiting outside the airport so they're easy to find.

Last time, it only cost me 30 for some reason, but I think it was due to the time of day or something, they did tell me but I can't remember!
Reply 4
I really wouldn't both with a taxi from the Airport to the uni - the infrastructure at Birmingham International is excellent and it's a pointless waste of money. If it were me I'd take the free monorail thingy to Birmingham International railway station, catch a train to Coventry (there are about eight an hour) and then get a taxi from Coventry to Warwick Uni (you'll have change from a tenner). The buses are ok but if I had bags I wouldn't faff about with buses.
megaduck
I really wouldn't both with a taxi from the Airport to the uni - the infrastructure at Birmingham International is excellent and it's a pointless waste of money. If it were me I'd take the free monorail thingy to Birmingham International railway station, catch a train to Coventry (there are about eight an hour) and then get a taxi from Coventry to Warwick Uni (you'll have change from a tenner). The buses are ok but if I had bags I wouldn't faff about with buses.

Do this :smile:

It will cost you no more than about £15 in total.. (take more just in case though :tongue:)
Reply 6
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll do the monorail to the railway station and a bus to coventry. :smile:
Reply 7
Mglafas
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll do the monorail to the railway station and a bus to coventry. :smile:

Train to Coventry! Not a bus! :redface:
Reply 8
Depends on how much luggage you have and how much money you're willing to spend.

I took a taxi a few times, it's fast and comfortable, costs £30.

The other option, as already said, is take the AirRail Link from the airport to the Birmingham International rail station (£0.00), train to Coventry (~£1.50-1.90) and bus to the campus (£1.50). Ten times cheaper. You can also take a taxi from Coventry station to the campus if you don't fancy getting on a bus (£9.00-£10.00).
if you do the train thing, you'd need to get a train to Coventry station and then take the number 12 bus which goes through the warwick campus.

I'm getting the taxi still, as always... I'm lazy and have enough money xD
Reply 10
Hey guys, my fligt arrives at midnight, but there will be taxis available right?:bigsmile:
Original post by diushkaa
Hey guys, my fligt arrives at midnight, but there will be taxis available right?:bigsmile:

Yes, but they will probably charge you a slightly higher rate per mile.
Reply 12
Original post by powermanchu
Yes, but they will probably charge you a slightly higher rate per mile.

oh well. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest