The Student Room Group

Enhanced integrity checks, BORDER FORCE

Hi, I applied for BFO Liverpool last Oct, provisional offer Jan 2023, SC clearance done plus all the checks apart from enhanced integrity check, this seems to be going on forever. Any idea how long it takes and what enhanced checks involve please? I’ve also accepted Asylum role and they are checking all of checks I’ve passed for BFO role, its all very disjointed and not cost effective duplicating checks that have already been done. My excitement for the job is waning, feeling a bit deflated tbh. Any advice greatly appreciated 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It does take a while to carry out these checks which you need to understand are crucial - the fact it is taking time is good news - just hang in as long as you know your records are clean you will be fine- sounds like duplication but they need to be throrough and check your historical records to ensure you are clean as it is a very high profile role and security is of the upmost importance - good luck
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bafs
It does take a while to carry out these checks which you need to understand are crucial - the fact it is taking time is good news - just hang in as long as you know your records are clean you will be fine- sounds like duplication but they need to be throrough and check your historical records to ensure you are clean as it is a very high profile role and security is of the upmost importance - good luck

How are you even aware if this eic ? I looked on the website for the border force job and the application processes they have this followed to the letter . Am I missing something ? Is this the specific border force check ? The one they send you a form to fill in ?
I’m in exactly the same position and it’s driving me a little nuts, currently 6 months into the application process and I’m worried. I dunno about you but my enhanced integrity check has been the only thing left since February and it’s now end of April. Has yours or anyone else’s taken this long?? ☺️
Original post by Super sue
Hi, I applied for BFO Liverpool last Oct, provisional offer Jan 2023, SC clearance done plus all the checks apart from enhanced integrity check, this seems to be going on forever. Any idea how long it takes and what enhanced checks involve please? I’ve also accepted Asylum role and they are checking all of checks I’ve passed for BFO role, its all very disjointed and not cost effective duplicating checks that have already been done. My excitement for the job is waning, feeling a bit deflated tbh. Any advice greatly appreciated 😊

I’m in the same position as you. I’ve chased them a few times and I’m getting worried. You are not alone! ☺️
Original post by AliSquish16
I’m in the same position as you. I’ve chased them a few times and I’m getting worried. You are not alone! ☺️

I emailed them and received a response back today. The EIC checks are from the ASC1 form that you filled in when you were offered a provisional offer. We was granted SC on the 14th Feb, so have been waiting since then, which is roughly 10 weeks tomorrow.

Response below

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

The Enhanced Integrity Check is conducted following completion of the ASC1 form - and is only started after your Security Clearance is complete. Please see attached for more information.

Kind Regards
Reply 6
Thank you, still waiting for EIC to complete re BF Liverpool airport post. Meanwhile I`ve been offered Asylum job, I applied for 2 jobs and offered both. Asylum don`t do EIC checks so the checks and processes are quicker. I`ve accepted both but want BF out of them both. Maybe by Christmas we`ll hear something. Keep the faith I`m sure it will be worth it.
Reply 7
Original post by SweetpeaAyAy
I emailed them and received a response back today. The EIC checks are from the ASC1 form that you filled in when you were offered a provisional offer. We was granted SC on the 14th Feb, so have been waiting since then, which is roughly 10 weeks tomorrow.

Response below

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

The Enhanced Integrity Check is conducted following completion of the ASC1 form - and is only started after your Security Clearance is complete. Please see attached for more information.

Kind Regards

What was there an email and what did your email include
I’ve also been waiting since oct
I had the id interview on feb
Sc came in on the 23rd March and now waiting for the eic
Original post by LykosVex
What was there an email and what did your email include
I’ve also been waiting since oct
I had the id interview on feb
Sc came in on the 23rd March and now waiting for the eic

The email address was put on this thread somewhere. I just emailed and asked about how long roughly the EIC would take.

We waited 11 weeks and 5 days but then there are others that I have seen that took 16 weeks.

EIC is not started until you get your security clearance, so yours would have started probably on the 24th of March.
Reply 9
The email address was put on this thread somewhere. I just emailed and asked about how long roughly the EIC would take.

We waited 11 weeks and 5 days but then there are others that I have seen that took 16 weeks.

EIC is not started until you get your security clearance, so yours would have started probably on the 24th of March.

Just been trying to look for email and can’t find any chance you could find out what the email was and let me know.

Just want to email and try get a more concrete answer out of them getting so bored of waiting now
Reply 10
I received an offer for Liverpool two months ago currently awaiting EIC. It doesn’t specify airport or seaforth docks does anyone know where it tells you? Thank you
Reply 11
I am still waiting. I passed my security clearance and got my certificate on the 27th February but still nothing on my EIC. Its now 17 weeks and no one I have seen has waited this long!
Reply 12
Hi all just wondering if anyone has got an update on the EIC check (final check), which is taking much longer then expected any sort of idea how long this will take would be much appreciated thanks in advance
Reply 13
Original post by kay235
Hi all just wondering if anyone has got an update on the EIC check (final check), which is taking much longer then expected any sort of idea how long this will take would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Hi I finally passed my EIC on Friday which was almost 20 weeks since passing my security clearance so hang in there. Fingers crossed you will get something soon
Reply 14
Does anyone have a contact email for the team that completes the EIC please? I have been waiting since March 23 for my checks to be completed.
Reply 15
Original post by Super sue

Hi. Sorry no advice. Just say I'm in the same boat...I came from a background with a high security level and still going through the same hoops. Hang in there.

I have been granted my ASC check an been told i have passed, and its valid for 3years. However im still waiting for my SC clearence to come through.

I was under the impression that you obtain your sc clearence first an the they check the ASC. Mine seems to be in reverse dose this sound right ?
Reply 17
Original post by Faheem12345
I have been granted my ASC check an been told i have passed, and its valid for 3years. However im still waiting for my SC clearence to come through.

I was under the impression that you obtain your sc clearence first an the they check the ASC. Mine seems to be in reverse dose this sound right ?

Hm sounds like the wrong way round but there may not be an order. I'm threader with it. Been waiting for 4monrhs. How long you been waiting
Original post by Mac 15
Hm sounds like the wrong way round but there may not be an order. I'm threader with it. Been waiting for 4monrhs. How long you been waiting

Been waiting since August... The wait really dose kill you 😭... applied for birmingham. What station did you apply for ?
Reply 19
Original post by Faheem12345
Been waiting since August... The wait really dose kill you 😭... applied for birmingham. What station did you apply for ?

Edinburgh Airporr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending