The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2024 Entry

The Official University of Warwick 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Warwick for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Warwick.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Warwick do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Warwick specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Warwick
University Connect on the Student Room
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. My A levels are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.
2. I’m applying to the Computer Science degree
3. At gcse I achieved 1 grade five, 1 grade seven and 7 grade eights. My predicted a level grades are somewhere around A*A*AA
4. Warwick has a really interesting computer science course with mathematical modules which I really like.
5. I don’t have to sit any admissions tests for Warwick
6. I will be attending an open day in October.
7. I’m nervous but also really excited for more opportunities.
8. I’m applying to Sheffield, Leeds, Oxford and Plymouth (all University of )
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
1) Maths, Further Maths, Economics
2) MORSE
3) A*A*A* with 88887666665 at GCSE
4) For the campus
5) TMUA
6) Nah
7) Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Bath
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
1. Maths, further maths, French, geography
2. MORSE
3. At GCSE achieved eight grade 9s and one grade 8 and am predicted A*A*A*A at a level
4. I really like the uni and it's one of the few places that actually offer the MORSE degree
5. I'm not planning on taking any admissions tests
6. I attended one in the summer
7. Quite apprehensive although obviously it will be nice to have more independence
8. I haven't fully decided on my other uni choices but I'm currently thinking Lancaster, Southampton, Exeter and Bath
1. maths, further maths, chemistry
2.chemistry
3. 7s-9s, 2A*A
4. nice location + campus
5. n/a
6. already attended one and it was good
7. nervous but excited
8. oxford + york
Reply 5
Hi, I submitted my application to centre earlier!!! It’s terrifying but I’m glad it’s done. The course I’ve applied for Computer Science.
Reply 6
1) I'm doing bio, chem, and psych (i also did an epq but warwick doesn't take that into consideration when applying)
2) I'm applying to biomedical science with a placement year :biggrin:
3) At GCSE I got five 9s, four 8s, a D* in sports science, and a 7 in art lol. At A-Level, I've been predicted AAA but I asked to be predicted AAB because I think a B in chemistry is more realistic for me personally, and I have an A in the EPQ :smile:
4) my brother lives near warwick so i had a look around and fell in love with the campus
5) no admission tests for me! :five:
6) already attended the open day but would definitely go to the offer holder day if i get a place
7) I'm so excited to go to uni but am worried about balancing studies with a social life
8) I'm also applying to cardiff for biomed, sheffield for biomed, reading for biomed, and then i'm looking to apply for physiology at another uni but not sure where yet

Nice to meet you all and good luck! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I submitted my application to centre earlier!!! It’s terrifying but I’m glad it’s done. The course I’ve applied for Computer Science.

Good luck! I hope you get offers swiftly :smile: I'm applying on Monday! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by mai0may

Good luck! I hope you get offers swiftly :smile: I'm applying on Monday! :biggrin:

Good luck! I hope so to! I’m just waiting for my school to send it off which I feel like could be a little while but I’m applying to Oxford so it can’t be too long. I’m also applying to Sheffield! I hope you get the offers you want!
Reply 9
Original post by kenanjenkins
Why would you ask to be predicted a B if you don't mind me asking? Even if you don't think you'll get the A, you will have a better chance of receiving an offer from Warwick (who won't chance their conditional offer whether you had triple A* or just met the requirements), so if you were going to apply to Warwick regardless, then why not accept the higher grade.

I'd rather receive realistic offers that reflect my actual potential. For example, if I firmed Warwick after they gave me an offer of AAA but I got AAB and they weren't lenient then I'd have to choose my insurance and have the faff of there being a complete 50:50 chance as to where I'll be going to uni. Whereas if I apply with the more realistic grades of AAB I know I will get offers from places where I can actually confidently achieve. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's not about getting 5/5 offers for me it's about finding a uni that's suited to my academic level - I don't want to go somewhere where I'm ridiculously behind/out of my league/feel uncomfortable because my teacher gave me an 'aspirational', and unrealistic grade.

I got an A in my mock and an A* in my class test but trust me both my teacher and I have a mutual understanding that even a B in chemistry in the final a-level exam is aspirational for me :biggrin: I guess by predicting me a B it saves me future disappointment
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 10

anyone applying for computer system engineering or electronics engineering?
1) Maths, FM, Econ, Chem, EPQ
2) Bsc Econ L100
3) GCSE 9999999988B Alevel (A*A*A*A*A*)
4) Clicked with the tutors/subject leaders I spoke to at Open Day
5) No tests!
6) Went in June
7) Oxford, LSE, Durham, Bath
Original post by UnlawfulCarrot
1) Maths, FM, Econ, Chem, EPQ
2) Bsc Econ L100
3) GCSE 9999999988B Alevel (A*A*A*A*A*)
4) Clicked with the tutors/subject leaders I spoke to at Open Day
5) No tests!
6) Went in June
7) Oxford, LSE, Durham, Bath

Have you heard back from any of them yet?
Reply 13
1) Maths, FM, Econ, English Lit, EPQ
2) BSc Economics L100
3) GCSE nine grade 9s and one grade 8. A-Level predicted A*A*A*A*A*
4) One of the top econ unis
5) TMUA started prep in august
6) No
7) Excited
8) Cambridge, LSE, Bath, Bristol
Original post by kenanjenkins
1) Maths, Further Maths, Economics
2) MORSE
3) A*A*A* with 88887666665 at GCSE. (also a B in AS Fm which is abit problematic but oh well)
4) For the campus uni vibe.
5) TMUA, already started the prep
6) Nah
7) Excited
8) Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Bath

Omg we’re literally applying to the exact same unis!! I applied to Imperial instead of Bath tho which is the only difference, and i applied for maths with stats. Have u given in ur application?
Reply 15
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Warwick 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Warwick for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Warwick.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Warwick do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Warwick specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

1) Mathematics CompSci Business
2) Management
3) 877766655 A*AA
4) Campus,Ranking,autonomy with course pathway
5) None
6) Attended on 7th Oct 2023
7) Can’t wait
8) Manchester
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by abiolaK
1) Mathematics CompSci Business
2) Management
3) 877766655 A*AA
4) CAMPUS😍/ Ranking/ professor is leng too🤭
5) None
6) Attended on 7th Oct 2023
7) Can’t wait
8) Manchester

what subject was he??😏
Reply 17
Original post by harvey_specterx
what subject was he??😏

The course director for management and international management 🤭
1) I study the International Baccalaureate (in the UK): HL Psychology, English LangLit, Global Politics; SL German ab initio, Maths Analysis and Approaches, Computer Science.
2) I REALLY want to study English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick!! writing is my favourite thing and I think I want to work in publishing in the future
3) GCSEs I got all 8s and 9s; IB I'm predicted 767777 plus 2 core, so a total point score of 43/45.
4) The taster lecture was inspiring, and I love how the course is structured and how many different forms of writing we get to study!!
5) No admissions tests :cool:
6) Already been to one of the summer open days -- if I get an offer, I'll be going there again to look at accommodation and such!
7) Excited for a fresh start, but also terrified about... pretty much everything lol. As long as I enjoy my lectures, I'm hoping it'll be fine.
8) Kent, but it's a bit too close to home for my preference. Birmingham was also pretty good, so I'm applying there too. It'll likely be between Kent and Birmingham for my insurance.
Original post by abiolaK
The course director for management and international management 🤭

WAS HE INTERNATIONAL?? I love exotic accents sm 😫

Quick Reply

Latest