The Student Room Group

what happens if my flight is delayed ?

im looking to travel, and ive looked at these flight providers online.

with the destination being istanbul the flight is not direct but has 1 stop. the problem is that there is a 1 hour transfer time between the first and second flight which are on two different airlines. since there is many cancellations and delays in uk airports im thinking about the chance of my first flight being delayed. this means that i will have less than 1 hour to catch my second flight and if i miss my second flight since its on different airlines i wont even be rebooked on another i think. essentially i could be stuck in my connecting airport with no rebooked flight. the first airline is jet2 and the second is turkish airlines.
is there a big chance of me actually missing the connecting flight from delays or should i purchase the tickets?
1hour is not enough time.
Original post by zynnjah123
im looking to travel, and ive looked at these flight providers online.

with the destination being istanbul the flight is not direct but has 1 stop. the problem is that there is a 1 hour transfer time between the first and second flight which are on two different airlines. since there is many cancellations and delays in uk airports im thinking about the chance of my first flight being delayed. this means that i will have less than 1 hour to catch my second flight and if i miss my second flight since its on different airlines i wont even be rebooked on another i think. essentially i could be stuck in my connecting airport with no rebooked flight. the first airline is jet2 and the second is turkish airlines.
is there a big chance of me actually missing the connecting flight from delays or should i purchase the tickets?

Try and find a direct flight. It's not that far to Istanbul so having a stop significantly increases your journey time. Have a look on skyscanner and consider a different departure airport from the UK to get a direct flight.
An hour between flights isn't long enough, particularly if you have to get round an unfamiliar airport. Could you fly out from a different UK airport to get a direct flight? Direct flights are usually cheaper, so might cover the cost of transport to the airport.

Quick Reply

Latest