The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bowie88
good luck with ur results, what are u predicted?????

Early AS Levels : French (C) Eng Lit (A)
GCSEs: History (A*) Chemistry (A*) Physics (A) Maths (B) ICT (AAAA) :top:
Did anyone do modular phiysics?
davidt
Finished with an hour to go!!

Me too. i sat there pretendin 2 check through it whilst the invigilators gave all of us funny looks, like in french readin which i finished after jst under 10 minutes
i put 2.4/4.2 )cn't remember which one......made sense at the time....but apparently i got it wrong. :frown: how did ppl get 0.8...what did u do as i'm a bit clueless lol.
thebadboy2k1
i put 2.4/4.2 )cn't remember which one......made sense at the time....but apparently i got it wrong. :frown: how did ppl get 0.8...what did u do as i'm a bit clueless lol.

4.2 yeah same here I did velocity X mass and then divided it back again or something :s:
i am totally confuddled - my paper had alsorts to do with lenses - did you do foundation or summat????????? i got totally diff answers as well!!!!! aaarrrrrgh!! :confused: :mad: :eek:
um no I did AQA Higher Seperate Sciences Physics
Gregorian IV
Did anyone do modular phiysics?

i did i did tats prob y i got totally diff answers!!!!!! lol :rolleyes:
I got 0.8, but I put kg m/s as the units! DOH!
abhineyjain
I got 0.8, but I put kg m/s as the units! DOH!

How did you get 0.8
Reply 30
Yeah it was 0.8m/s to the right..

Momentum before collision = Momentum after collision

BEFORE AFTER
(mass x velocity) + (mass x 0) = mass x velocity

If I had the actual figures, it would help, but you do it like that :tongue:
Reply 31
HearTheThunder
um no I did AQA Higher Seperate Sciences Physics

maybe you did the modular aqa higher seperate sciences physics
Reply 32
momentum before = 0.2kg x 1.2m/s = 0.24kgms
momentum after = 0.24kgms

momentum = mass x velocity

velocity = momentum/mass
velocity = 0.24kgms / 0.1+0.2(collective mass)

=0.8m/s
Reply 33
slobo
momentum before = 0.2kg x 1.2m/s = 0.24kgms
momentum after = 0.24kgms

momentum = mass x velocity

velocity = momentum/mass
velocity = 0.24kgms / 0.1+0.2(collective mass)

=0.8m/s

i got that tooo lol 0.8 m/s(the second part i said i used common sense to get the answer!

am soooo upset. i didn't get to the exam centre on time!!! I left 5oclock and was STUCK on M25 I then drove at 120-145mph average and got there by 10:30 on entrace the lady gave me bad look. I only had 45minutes and hardly did half of the paper!!!!!!! hope eveyone else did good!

charikaar
dammmit i put 2.4 m/s!! , what did u guys get for the last answer abt K-40 decaying....i put 1/4 as it was 3:1 and then i put 975 million yrs but my friends sed tht tht was wrong..
Reply 35
neverfinished
dammmit i put 2.4 m/s!! , what did u guys get for the last answer abt K-40 decaying....i put 1/4 as it was 3:1 and then i put 975 million yrs but my friends sed tht tht was wrong..

i think question asked what amount was NOT DECAYED i put 3/4

for the second bit i put 325 million years i don't know why i put this but i just did in the last second.

charikaar
Reply 36
charikaar
i think question asked what amount was NOT DECAYED i put 3/4

for the second bit i put 325 million years i don't know why i put this but i just did in the last second.

charikaar

Yup i got that!-3/4 i also got 0.8m/s--it think that taste was strangely easiy-something fishy is going on.
hannah_banana
i don't like the plates either i'm glad nothing like motors and generators and stuff came up. i thought it was a lot better than last years paper

damn i got 0.12m/s to right. i think i did it wrong cause i was stuck between 0.8 and 0.12 or something. oh well :biggrin: I was GUTTED motors and generators didnt come up! I love gnerators whoo! I was happy for the potential divider thing though! 4000N i think i got. but even if i got ans wrong for the velocity i can still get marks
did anyone notice that there were loads of little 1-markers
Reply 39
r0manticide17
damn i got 0.12m/s to right. i think i did it wrong cause i was stuck between 0.8 and 0.12 or something. oh well :biggrin: I was GUTTED motors and generators didnt come up! I love gnerators whoo! I was happy for the potential divider thing though! 4000N i think i got. but even if i got ans wrong for the velocity i can still get marks

most people here says they got 4000N for one of the question. I am not sure whether I did this or not? Does anyone remember the question?

charikaar

Latest