The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can I just take a chance to LAUGH, you guys bickering!! Oilcan do you have anything in response to what I said or are you just here to wind everyone up?
Reply 101
soulsussed
Oh dear, will you please answer my question; do you have any experience of this?

Bullys DO know what its like to to be on the recieving end because 90% of the time bullies are bullied themselves. Bullies have issues thats why they bully, they are insecure and frightened themselves and if you can take away that you can take away the bully. Its important you don't come to view them as monsters because then you just hand them the power on a silver platter, and you begin to fear them. They crave attetion because they need it, at the end of the day what we're dealing with is another human being.

My comments are not naive at any rate, scaring people by putting a gun in their face is a really good way of dealing with issues isn't it? That just makes you just as bad as them - why can't you rise above it?

The use of asinine statistics doesn't wash with me and doesn't hold water in relation to your view.

They crave attetion because they need it

After all, bullied people don't need attention and nurturing. They are merely expendable fodder in the quest for bullies to have a laugh and to fill their attention void.

why can't you rise above it?

In some cases, this just doens't work. There should be no need for people to have to "rise above it". They shouldn't have to put up with it in the first place.

I'm glad bullies in American High Schools finally learned of the damage they inflict on individuals as well as the fear and feeling of nihility they install in their victims. It seems Britain may have to suffer a student-perpetrated deadly assault on a school for British bullies to learn this lesson too.
Reply 102
Unpossible
That looked like a reduction in arrogance to me. Welcome to stage two.

Did it?

You should have gone to SpecSavers...
oilcan
The use of asinine statistics doesn't wash with me and doesn't hold water in relation to your view.

After all, bullied people don't need attention and nurturing. They are merely expendable fodder in the quest for bullies to have a laugh and to fill their attention void.

In some cases, this just doens't work. There should be no need for people to have to "rise above it". They shouldn't have to put up with it in the first place.

I'm glad bullies in American High Schools finally learned of the damage they inflict on individuals as well as the fear and feeling of nihility they install in their victims. It seems Britain may have to suffer a student-perpetrated deadly assault on a school for British bullies to learn this lesson too.

Ok, that stat wasn't looked up, it was an idle stat, it does hold alot of relation to my view, if you don't choose to take it on board thats up to you, you haven't actually argued what I said.

Its unfortunate that you're glad of such terrible events, I personally am appauled by them and wish that they don't occur.

The system that you suggested will just breed bullies. You are not looking to the route of the problem at all and trying to solve the issue, you are just angry. I don't think high school bullies have learnt anything at all, because there still is bullying in America.

You are right people shouldn't have to put up with this in the first place and that is the fault of the goverment and the school; it is them who can solve the problem, but you don't persecute people back, it doesn't work and you just fall to their level and become as bad as they are.
oilcan
Did it?

You should have gone to SpecSavers...

Well, you sure did win this argument in a logical and intelligent manner. Well done to you, I hope you'll go far.
Reply 105
Unpossible
Well, you sure did win this argument in a logical and intelligent manner. Well done to you, I hope you'll go far.

Argument? What is there to argue?
oilcan

I thought that this was going to be a mature and informed debate on pwnage, but alas, it was not to be...
oilcan

Me - if you can, I'm not sure whether its worth the time to be honest
Reply 108
soulsussed
Ok, that stat wasn't looked up, it was an idle stat, it does hold alot of relation to my view, if you don't choose to take it on board thats up to you, you haven't actually argued what I said.

Its unfortunate that you're glad of such terrible events, I personally am appauled by them and wish that they don't occur.

The system that you suggested will just breed bullies. You are not looking to the route of the problem at all and trying to solve the issue, you are just angry. I don't think high school bullies have learnt anything at all, because there still is bullying in America.

You are right people shouldn't have to put up with this in the first place and that is the fault of the goverment and the school; it is them who can solve the problem, but you don't persecute people back, it doesn't work and you just fall to their level and become as bad as they are.

No it wouldn't because people wouldn't be persecuted because they wanted to do well as they would be surrounded by individuals of a similar mindset. You say I am not looking at the root of the problem yet you don't expand on this and say what the roots are. The roots could go much further back than insecurity etc. even as far as the parents. This was one of the scapegoats the media used to try and explain the actions of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold in order to eleviate themselves of responsibility. Quick enough then, weren't they?

I don't think high school bullies have learnt anything at all, because there still is bullying in America

You're naive to think that schools will ever be entirely exempt from bullying. However, after Columbine, people thought twice before picking on someone because they knew their victim may just snap and bring a gun to school and go on the rampage.

A comment straight out of 21st century, western ideology. Stand back and let things go by and blame others. Sometimes, you have to stand up before it's too late.
Reply 109
^ What a tedious, repetitive and highly pointless argument... It looks like you keep saying the same things, oilcan. Find something else to do, you really are sad if you care so much about something so trivial.
Reply 110
Unpossible
I thought that this was going to be a mature and informed debate on pwnage, but alas, it was not to be...

Pwnage?

You actually think this

Dear Oilcan,

You are an utter idiot.

Yours,
Unpossible.

Now, I'm on stage 1. Show me the way, why don't you? Perhaps by saying something relevant to the thread?

is worth arguing and not worthy of the disdain it received?

:rolleyes:
oilcan

You actually think this is worth arguing...?

You are right. Rather, the fact that you are an utter idiot should go unchallenged, as a self-evident truth.

Cheers.
Reply 112
Shamen
^ What a tedious, repetitive and highly pointless argument... It looks like you keep saying the same things, oilcan. Find something else to do, you really are sad if you care so much about something so trivial.

We can all learn from your mature, interesting outlook. I mean, look at the way you "debate". Unparalelled to say the least

something so trivial

So human life is trivial to you? :rolleyes:
Reply 113
oilcan
So human life is trivial to you? :rolleyes:

"Human life" - I think that's a bit farfetched... From what I've seen it's orientated around methods of controlling Bullying...
oilcan
No it wouldn't because people wouldn't be persecuted because they wanted to do well as they would be surrounded by individuals of a similar mindset. You say I am not looking at the root of the problem yet you don't expand on this and say what the roots are. The roots could go much further back than insecurity etc. even as far as the parents. This was one of the scapegoats the media used to try and explain the actions of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold in order to eleviate themselves of responsibility. Quick enough then, weren't they?

You're naive to think that schools will ever be entirely exempt from bullying. However, after Columbine, people thought twice before picking on someone because they knew their victim may just snap and bring a gun to school and go on the rampage.

A comment straight out of 21st century, western ideology. Stand back and let things go by and blame others. Sometimes, you have to stand up before it's too late.

I am not naive, hunni, its not me lacking in knowledge, it hardly solved the problem to any kind of degree, did it? When the schools take on board they have a bullying problem like every school and begin to be constructive we will begin to get somewhere; but not until.

I never said blame others, where did that come from?? :confused:

The roots of bullying: people who are bullies have issues themselves and the list of situations is endless, but you won't understand a bullying until you begin to empathise with both the victum and the bully. Where would you put the bullies then in your ideal? You say people wouldn't be disruptive if they were surrounded by people of the same mindset, but not everyone has the same mindset. Are you suggesting you split up the bullies from the 'good pepople'? This is impossible because in a nasty case of bullying you can find people who are seemingly 'nice' participating and even entire classes, there is bullying every where, its just a case of dealing with it properly, even those willing to learn can be bullies.
Shamen
"Human life" - I think that's a bit farfetched... From what I've seen it's orientated around methods of controlling Bullying...

Oilcan is referring to the shootings,
Reply 116
Shamen

Maybe you should google "school shootings", where people died as a result of bullying... :rolleyes:
Why do I have do remind you to respond to me oilcan? Its like you've no arguement left.
Reply 118
soulsussed
I am not naive, hunni, its not me lacking in knowledge, it hardly solved the problem to any kind of degree, did it? When the schools take on board they have a bullying problem like every school and begin to be constructive we will begin to get somewhere; but not until.

I never said blame others, where did that come from?? :confused:

The roots of bullying: people who are bullies have issues themselves and the list of situations is endless, but you won't understand a bullying until you begin to empathise with both the victum and the bully. Where would you put the bullies then in your ideal? You say people wouldn't be disruptive if they were surrounded by people of the same mindset, but not everyone has the same mindset. Are you suggesting you split up the bullies from the 'good pepople'? This is impossible because in a nasty case of bullying you can find people who are seemingly 'nice' participating and even entire classes, there is bullying every where, its just a case of dealing with it properly, even those willing to learn can be bullies.

it hardly solved the problem to any kind of degree, did it? When the schools take on board they have a bullying problem like every school and begin to be constructive we will begin to get somewhere; but not until.

The problem of bullying will never be solved as much as there will never be peace across the world, for example. However, incidents like Columbine brought to light bullying. Schools everywhere were affected and schools re-evaluated their bullying policies as a result of catalysts, such as Columbine because they didn't wantto be the next school to have blood on their hands. Columbine also made "jocks" back off a bit because nerds, geeks, dorks, dweebs etc. had a feeling of power installed them. Harris and Klebold represented many shunned youths and anyone who fitted similar descriptions was left alone and feared afterwards, in some cases.

Seeing as you like statistics so much, here's one for you: every week 2 schoolchildren commit suicide with 79% of these cases directly relating to bullying. In between 1997-2002, 39 people died in school shootings. It's clear therefore that "senseless slaughter" is a small price to pay as more bullied people die than bullies.

You say people wouldn't be disruptive if they were surrounded by people of the same mindset, but not everyone has the same mindset. Are you suggesting you split up the bullies from the 'good pepople'? This is impossible because in a nasty case of bullying you can find people who are seemingly 'nice' participating and even entire classes, there is bullying every where, its just a case of dealing with it properly, even those willing to learn can be bullies.

I'm not suggesting people have the same mindset. However, there is less of a chance of persecution of people because of the grades they get, if everyone is at a certain standard.
Reply 119
soulsussed
Why do I have do remind you to respond to me oilcan? Its like you've no arguement left.

Sorry, I don't reply within 2 seconds, love. I'm doing other things apart from corresponding with you.
Such small worlds... :smile:

Latest