The Student Room Group

4chan

I just read the Boxxy story, and I was wondering, why is 4chan even legal? Seems to me that progress could probably be made just by finding everyone involved and arresting them...

Scroll to see replies

Enlighten me, what's Boxxy?
Reply 2
lol
Reply 4
Ha! I can't remember whos avatar that was but I googled the same this evening. I think if there had to be one rule of the web it's don't piss off 4chan.
Reply 5
A) Anonymous
B) Good luck arresting millions of people. A lot of the stuff they do isn't even illegal.
Reply 6
Rule 1 & 2.
Reply 7
Citation
Ha! I can't remember whos avatar that was but I googled the same this evening. I think if there had to be one rule of the web it's don't piss of 4chan.

They only post what suits them though, I remember reading a story where a few of them were ringing this person over and over who also happened to be a whizz with technology. Traced the calls and beat the one ********.
4 chan is now awful. Full of copypasta and RATE MAI WINKY threads. Used to be funny. You could have a serious giggle on it. Now it's ass.
Lol illegal, id like to see them get warrants to arrest millions, tracking down ip addresses going through isps its better just to let tire themselves out.
ToastyCoke
4 chan is now awful. Full of copypasta and RATE MAI WINKY threads. Used to be funny. You could have a serious giggle on it. Now it's ass.

This. /b/ used to be hilarious and I was laughing all the time, but now I think I've seen it all :sad:.
Reply 11
Sithius
A) Anonymous
B) Good luck arresting millions of people. A lot of the stuff they do isn't even illegal.

I think 4chan itself has proven that nobody can really be anonymous...

Really not? It should be.
Reply 12
This is where everyone comes in and talks unconvincingly about how 4chan used to be good before it became popular and was ruined.
MSB
This is where everyone comes in and talks unconvincingly about how 4chan used to be good before it became popular and was ruined.

No, you see that's the thing. It did used to be actually quite funny. It used to be people would make their own pictures and they'd be quite clever, now it's full of 1251335741437.jpg and FACEBOOK RAPE. It's crap now.
Ah 4chan, I've had many laughs from there..
Reply 15
The only person I feel sorry for is Brendan Lash, the guy got ruined unnecessarily.
4chan sucks. :frown:
Reply 17
Citation
I think if there had to be one rule of the web it's don't piss off 4chan.

:yes:
Reply 18
i honestly thought that she was a he just with eye- liner and black hair?!:lolwut:
Reply 19
generic hybrid
4chan sucks. :frown:

watch out though... they'll probably hunt you down for saying this :biggrin: scary scary no lifers...

Latest