The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its good cos he does geography, and we all know how great geography is!
Reply 2
are you being ironic
Reply 3
erm...not that i know of :confused:
Reply 4
well i dont think geography is that hard, my sister did it and got a first and she had a hob and had to babysit me and my brothers (quite a few years ago), so its still a bit pathetic
thinktank
why are people on the Tv saying its so brilliant?

Because its a 2:1...
Reply 6
Why does Geography always get slagged off? I doubt the people who are slagging of Prince William's degree have even stepped foot in a university or done Geography at degree level.

I've not done Geography at degree level but its one of the subjects I am interested in and I know whats involved at degree level, its not reading maps and look at globes.
Reply 7
im not slagging the subject off, all im saying is that i PERSONALLY dont think its that bigger acheivment, if you take into consideration his circumstances, and i think the press are going over the top
Reply 8
well i am doing it at uni in october, so i love it! :biggrin: :top:
Reply 9
thinktank
im not slagging the subject off, all im saying is that i PERSONALLY dont think its that bigger acheivment, if you take into consideration his circumstances, and i think the press are going over the top

Maybe but then he has also gone through a lot, it cannot be easy with all that press attention, I know he's had a very good education but he's also been though an awful lot as well.

He has not had a typical rich spoon fed prince life style, it cannot be easy loosing you mother so young. Yes I realise other people in similier situtations have also got 2:1s, but I am sure all the friends/family have said what a great achievement it was.
Reply 10
Hell I actually believe he worked at it and didnt get help along the way and geography isnt an easy degree.
It's pretty good by Royal standards
Well apparently he got History of Art - B; Geography - A; Biology - C at A level, and considering his brother got a D in Geography and B in Art at A level (or something)...

I think it's mainly because so few Royals actually have a degree really...
thinktank

I wasn't aware that the press were making such a big deal of it, but then I only read BBC News Online and the Times, maybe the tabloids are going ott. I think the point is though that people like to know these things, and also it's an improvement on his dad's lower second degree.
thinktank

I think it is an achievement. Its a good degree and anyone who gets one has achieved something. It sounds like you are implying that just because someone is royalty automatically means that they can only achieve something if it is super great and the best a person can do. Leave him alone, he has worked hard and under not so normal circumstances so I say well done to him!!
Reply 15
Well done to him :smile:
Reply 16
Who cares?
Reply 17
hmmm just wondering won't Princes Charles degree be more valued as he grad from (can't remember Oxford or Cambridge) though with a 2.2
Reply 18
Valuable to whom? Somehow, I doubt the heir to the throne is in the market for a graduate job :rolleyes: .
Reply 19
a 2i is a standard grade. geography is a doss subject. here at cambridge we call it "relaxography" and all the people who do real subjects are jealous of the relaxographers. my friend does geography and finished her exams three days before i started, and then spent a good while teasing me about how she chose an easy fun subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending