The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That family is not having much luck at the moment. Hope she responds well to treatment.
Reply 2
The bullying and conspiracy theories have been horrendous about this, though I doubt it will stop some of them even now. People who should know better forget their humanity and decency.

That was brave, doing it on camera, rather than just a press statement. Having lost close family and friends to cancer, wishing the Royal Family all the best. It's tough on all of them at the moment.
Could be worse. At least she won't have to wait for appointments and treatment like ordinary people.
Original post by Surnia
The bullying and conspiracy theories have been horrendous about this, though I doubt it will stop some of them even now. People who should know better forget their humanity and decency.

That was brave, doing it on camera, rather than just a press statement. Having lost close family and friends to cancer, wishing the Royal Family all the best. It's tough on all of them at the moment.

Yes, I’ve seen (what seems to be) conspiracy theories from Americans on TikTok. I don’t know about other places but I’ve seen people suggest that William got another woman (Lady Rose Hanbury) pregnant or that he has something to do with the recent events surrounding Thomas Kingston, that Kate is being mistreated etc

I don’t care about the royal family but people need to slow down with the conspiracies.
The treatment she has had to endure by certain media outlets over the past few weeks is nothing short of disgusting. It’s very obvious she didn’t want to make the statement but felt harassed and pressured into doing so. Regardless of your stance on the monarchy I find it absolutely appalling that a mother to three young children has been subject to insane conspiracy theories and character assassination which has forced her to go public with something she obviously wasn’t ready to share yet, or share at all.
the morons on sewshul meeja are left looking like the fools they are.
All normal people wish Princess Kate a speedy and peaceful recovery.
Original post by frauschlange
The treatment she has had to endure by certain media outlets over the past few weeks is nothing short of disgusting. It’s very obvious she didn’t want to make the statement but felt harassed and pressured into doing so. Regardless of your stance on the monarchy I find it absolutely appalling that a mother to three young children has been subject to insane conspiracy theories and character assassination which has forced her to go public with something she obviously wasn’t ready to share yet, or share at all.

I think some of the conspiracy theories were probably due to the silence and obfuscation from the royal family. Some of the earlier stories did not add up and their responses were sporadic.
Reply 9
Never really cared for the royal family's affairs (although I should because I'm from Canada), but cancer is a **** and I honestly feel so bad for her, and what her family would have to go through if she (god forbids) worsens in health. We gotta voice our support yall!
Reply 10
Original post by Wired_1800
I think some of the conspiracy theories were probably due to the silence and obfuscation from the royal family. Some of the earlier stories did not add up and their responses were sporadic.

It was said the Princess of Wales was going for scheduled abdominal surgery and would be recovering until after Easter; that was clear enough to most people.

Just because she's a member of the Royal Family she's still a young woman with a family of school-age children and it didn't need her health issues splashed all over the media, especially when maybe there were concerns over what it was and it would then have taken time for test results to be processed.
Original post by Surnia
It was said the Princess of Wales was going for scheduled abdominal surgery and would be recovering until after Easter; that was clear enough to most people.
Just because she's a member of the Royal Family she's still a young woman with a family of school-age children and it didn't need her health issues splashed all over the media, especially when maybe there were concerns over what it was and it would then have taken time for test results to be processed.

The first statement was clear, I agree. However, the subsequent actions and silence were not clear. Some royal correspondents who often got inside info were blocked out.

Yes, she is a young woman with young children but it was mismanaged. When the King’s health situation was receiving too much bad press, he came out to tell the truth, but the Duchess and her team decided to play cat and mouse until the conspiracy theories started to spread including that she had passed away in Jan.
Reply 12
Original post by Wired_1800
The first statement was clear, I agree. However, the subsequent actions and silence were not clear. Some royal correspondents who often got inside info were blocked out.
Yes, she is a young woman with young children but it was mismanaged. When the King’s health situation was receiving too much bad press, he came out to tell the truth, but the Duchess and her team decided to play cat and mouse until the conspiracy theories started to spread including that she had passed away in Jan.

The first statement was clear, end of. Why should her team respond to malicious lies and rumours? What subsequent actions weren't clear? Why not silence when there was nothing more to be said and they would have been waiting for test results? Do you think there wouldn't have been speculation if they'd said it might be cancer? Which correspondents were 'blocked out' and why not; they had the information they needed at the time.

i doubt the Princess of Wales was playing cat and mouse whilst recovering. It's been explained too that there are the children to consider and I bet they wouldn't have been immune to gossip at school.

It's nobody's fault but the gutter press, z-listers and trolls that this went as far as it did. Why would anyone think she was dead? Have they never known anyone require major surgery?
Original post by frauschlange
As the saying goes... "Live by the media, die by the media".
Original post by Surnia
The first statement was clear, end of. Why should her team respond to malicious lies and rumours? What subsequent actions weren't clear? Why not silence when there was nothing more to be said and they would have been waiting for test results? Do you think there wouldn't have been speculation if they'd said it might be cancer? Which correspondents were 'blocked out' and why not; they had the information they needed at the time.
i doubt the Princess of Wales was playing cat and mouse whilst recovering. It's been explained too that there are the children to consider and I bet they wouldn't have been immune to gossip at school.
It's nobody's fault but the gutter press, z-listers and trolls that this went as far as it did. Why would anyone think she was dead? Have they never known anyone require major surgery?

The British press does not work like that. Similar events have happened to other members of the family when there are no updates. The original requests were for updates since the Princess was the tabloid’s golden girl. Without any further update, they made up their own stories or allowed conspiracy theories.

The Duchess of Sussex (Meghan) was dragged and rubbished by the tabloids because she refused to give them information. Same happened to Prince Harry, Prince William and others. Some of them believe they own the Royal Family and must get what they demand.

I understand your position but i don't think the tabloids work in the same way. I dislike those people but have come to realise that they need “stories” to make a living since some dim people choose to read their content for salacious gossip and foolish news.
Reply 15
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Shame on the conspiracy theorists and the morons on TSR, you know who you are.
No one should feel forced to share that they have cancer, It should be a personal decision. Its such a shame that the way the media and conspiracy theorists work its made her feel she had to say something. It robs someone of their privacy when they need it the most.

Everyone making up stories never really cared for her, at the end of the day this is a family with young kids. Shame on them.

Me too, I wish her all the best. Know people in my family and friend's circle who died because of that disease. Hope that she gets cured.
Reply 18
Original post by Autumn223
No one should feel forced to share that they have cancer, It should be a personal decision. Its such a shame that the way the media and conspiracy theorists work its made her feel she had to say something. It robs someone of their privacy when they need it the most.
Everyone making up stories never really cared for her, at the end of the day this is a family with young kids. Shame on them.

My stance from the moment the story of Kate's surgery and 'disappearance' broke, has been the same: give her privacy.

Fuelled by social media and the news, the people in the other thread who were once making outlandish guesses about what was happening to her, are now on this thread wishing her well. The irony is palpable.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Barbu
My stance from the moment the story of Kate's surgery and 'disappearance' has been the same: give her privacy.
The people in the other thread who were making outlandish guesses about what was happening to her, are now on this thread wishing her well. The irony is palpable.

Wasn’t even aware the conspiracies had made it to TSR until i saw this thread if I’m honest, quite disappointed it did. Hopefully those who engaged in that feel embarrassed and guilty now.
Never ok to push someone to the point of being forced into revealing a private matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending