The Student Room Group

gcse mocks

Hi i got my gcse mock results today be honest do you think these grades are good and any tips im pleased except from maths btw if you fail maths in year 11 can you resit right i got

Maths-D
English-B
French-B
Food Tech-C
History-C
Ethics-B
didnt do a drama exam but im predicted B
All 3 sciences - C

yer so please comment
Reply 1
They're pretty good! But try and build up some of those C's and D's. You'll feel great on results day if you open your envelope and you've got a row of A's and B's. I wish I had of revised more for my GCSE's, I really regret it! I passed 12 but I didn't like my grades I got.

If you're doing a modular maths course, then you should be able to retake it. I had 4 exams, spread out over 2 years and I had to retake a few.

BTW: Love your username. It's after the band Skindred, right? I saw them last year - AMAZING!
Not too bad, just need a bit of maths revision
How close were your predicted to what you got in the mocks?
Reply 4
well yer pretty much the same got predicted c in re but got b. was pleased in french got a star in my 3 courseworks
Reply 5
Firekites
They're pretty good! But try and build up some of those C's and D's. You'll feel great on results day if you open your envelope and you've got a row of A's and B's. I wish I had of revised more for my GCSE's, I really regret it! I passed 12 but I didn't like my grades I got.

If you're doing a modular maths course, then you should be able to retake it. I had 4 exams, spread out over 2 years and I had to retake a few.

BTW: Love your username. It's after the band Skindred, right? I saw them last year - AMAZING!

yep saw them live to in newcastle and soon seeing reel big fish,zebrahead,lost prophets,dropkick murphys, and pennywise
Reply 6
Yes, you can re-take Maths. There is an unlimited number of re-take opportunities as long as the specification is still available. You need to look at these results in the context of your predicted grades. Most people expect to improve by at least one grade in the summer exams. Try to analyse your exam paper to see where you dropped marks. This will give you an indication of the areas you need to work on. Also consult your teachers and review your revision techniques.
Reply 7
Got mine on thursday
Maths - C Actual
English Language - B (Actual)
Science Core - B (Actual)
Science Additional assesed in thee different moduels chemisty physics then biology done Chemsitry so far so a B so far
Geography - B (Mock)
I.C.T - A (Actul)
Business Studies - B (Actual)

Not happy with maths but i can do what i want at A Levels now which is
Biology, English Language, Geography, Sociology
They Are Good, Just Focus on getting that maths grade up to a C :smile:

Well Done :biggrin:
Not bad but work on your Maths because maths is the most important GCSE.
Skindred400
Hi i got my gcse mock results today be honest do you think these grades are good and any tips im pleased except from maths btw if you fail maths in year 11 can you resit right i got

Maths-D
English-B
French-B
Food Tech-C
History-C
Ethics-B
didnt do a drama exam but im predicted B
All 3 sciences - C

yer so please comment

When did you do them??? I thought that you're meant to do them in the summer... Did you do Foundation in math?? Yes, you do resit them, but you can't do higher tier, only foundation, so that means that you can't get higher than a C... Well its different if you do modular math its different, the one I mean is the one where you only do one exam at the edn of the year... Those grades are okay, but try harder this year and you could get A/A*... Good Luck :smile:

Latest