The Student Room Group

mock results

im in year 12 and ive recently completed my mocks (these are the first ones i've done) and we've got all of our grades back and i got a C in physics (one mark off a B), a C/D in maths (boundaries haven't been decided yet) and an E in chemistry. i just feel really disheartened by the results that i got like i put in a lot of effort for them and this is all i got. everyone keeps telling me that its fine because its my first mocks but i dont know whether to believe them or not. i think its also hard for me to see low grades because i did well at gcse and always got 8s or 9s in these 3 subjects consistently. is it normal to do badly on the first mocks? is it going to be too hard for me to get into A grades?
Reply 1
Original post by student18122006
im in year 12 and ive recently completed my mocks (these are the first ones i've done) and we've got all of our grades back and i got a C in physics (one mark off a B), a C/D in maths (boundaries haven't been decided yet) and an E in chemistry. i just feel really disheartened by the results that i got like i put in a lot of effort for them and this is all i got. everyone keeps telling me that its fine because its my first mocks but i dont know whether to believe them or not. i think its also hard for me to see low grades because i did well at gcse and always got 8s or 9s in these 3 subjects consistently. is it normal to do badly on the first mocks? is it going to be too hard for me to get into A grades?

I get what you're saying, the same happened to me when I first did my mocks for gcse and didn't do well even though I'm one of the top students of my class. I'm afraid the same will happen this year when I start with A-levels but I can assure you have nothing to worry about.
It's your first time and you can learn from your mistakes. If you put yourself the objective to get those A grades and continue to work hard for it, I'm certain you'll be able to get your grades up in no time.
Hope you'll feel better and don't give yourself such a hard time, all of us mess up from time to time but that doesn't mean we aren't good enough.
Reply 2
Original post by student18122006

hi! i'm in y13 and i do bio chem maths & spanish, and honestly when i was doing my y12 first mocks, a LOT of people were doing the same as you and getting those grades in their first mocks. these are your first mocks after jumping to a whole new difficulty of learning from gcse, it's definitely normal to get these sorts of grades at the start. it's likely you might need to review how you're revising, but it's something a lot of a-level students go through when theyre at the start of y12.
i got ABCC in my jan mocks, with a C in maths too, and I got an A in maths in my summer mocks. my friend got an E in maths in his january mocks and got a B in his summer mocks. you've got plenty of time until your next set of mocks most likely, and you should hopefully see improvement. for most schools, it's the end of y12 mocks or start of y13 mocks that count the most towards ucas predicted grades, and so it's honestly not the end of the world if you've done worse than you hoped for this time round, it's a good learning experience

don't feel too disheartened, a lot of people were or are in your shoes and it's not uncommon at all to get these types of grades. as long as you continue to work hard from this i dont doubt you'll improve and do better in your next mocks

Quick Reply

Latest