The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Q7 Part C They Wanted The Answer To 3 Significant Figures But I Wrote It To 2 Significant Figures So Will I Lose Marks For That
Deshi
Wtf! Barely dropped 10 marks in every past paper and now I am sure I at least dropped 15-20 ******* marks! That is so annoying! Looks like it will have to be a retake :frown: I am so prone to making stupid errors, on the second part of question 4 I was trying to use the first part of the question :facepalm:

Yeah i know me too!! that question is just worded wrong if its a second part you would naturally assume they are linked, so unfair can't they use different letters to make it clear?!
I just ended up infinitely substituting lmao, nearly blew my brain
Reply 1042
Arsey
I would guess - 2 marks for Q8. Not sure about 7, you've clearly lost the accuracy mark for b but I am not sure if you will lose one for a.

If that is all you have got wrong you are looking at 71/72 which I think will be 100UMS

No, I got others wrong as well: alpha was incorrect for Q3a, which I followed through with. 8ii) thought that cot2x had no solutions and messed up one other one for the other half. Q9ia) and Q9iib) probably lost me another 6 marks. So I'm looking at about 60-64. Hopefully an A? I will +rep you for solutions tomorrow as my rep is suspended until then, sorry.
Edexcel, lol.
Reply 1044
taherq
Q8 Part C They Wanted The Answer To 3 Significant Figures But I Wrote It To 2 Significant Figures So Will I Lose Marks For That

Q8 didnt have a part c)
Reply 1045
This was harder than January 09 M1.
Playboy King
I entered the exam hall confident and pumped to get my A*.
I left the exam hall completely raped from all angles by that paper.

ROFL :rofl:

Take some rep.:yes:
Doesn't C3 always have 9 questions?
Reply 1048
How is arsey's answer for y=ln lxl right??
isnt it just the normal ln x graph??
Reply 1049
kosy91
Q8 didnt have a part c)

SRRY ITS Q7
Reply 1050
I've lost about 20 marks.
markioe

No, you have to reflect everything in the positive x axis in the y axis.
Reply 1052
Deshi
Wtf! Barely dropped 10 marks in every past paper and now I am sure I at least dropped 15-20 ******* marks! That is so annoying! Looks like it will have to be a retake :frown: I am so prone to making stupid errors, on the second part of question 4 I was trying to use the first part of the question :facepalm:

I did the same in q4 :s-smilie: also lost 15 marks minimum.
markioe

no because ¦x¦ allows ln to have negative values of x and thus reflection in y. I didn't put about the assymtopes but surely that wouldn't a mark right?
I'm gutted. I was fine on all the past papers, got nearly 100% on c1 and c2, then ****ed up this one. I think I may have got 50/75 for it, probably lower. D: everyone here seems to be really confident, and I REALLY don't want to retake, but I guess I'll have to.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Doesn't C3 always have 9 questions?

it varies, lookin at c3 january 2009 there was only 8 questions, so some people thought it was only 8 questions in this paper and left their paper without doing question 9 ouch!
kosy91
ARE YOU MAD???? that is 100 boy....go enjoy

Haha , I certainly hope so :biggrin:
Reply 1057
taherq
SRRY ITS Q7

thats the one of sec and tan? a and b had to be 3sf

they specified it so you lose a mark there
Reply 1058
Remarqable M
it varies, lookin at c3 january 2009 there was only 8 questions, so some people thought it was only 8 questions in this paper and left their paper without doing question 9 ouch!

:facepalm:

I reckon I've lost between 12-14 marks. Ah well, we shall see.
Reply 1059
Does anyone please have the paper so we can look at the questions again???

Latest

Trending

Trending