The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics B 2023

i haven't been able to find an existing discussion on edexcel economics b here so i'm starting one- how are we all feeling about paper 1 tomorrow??
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by priy4
i haven't been able to find an existing discussion on edexcel economics b here so i'm starting one- how are we all feeling about paper 1 tomorrow??

Shall I make this the official thread for Edexcel B ? :smile:
yes please!
Original post by Evil Homer
Shall I make this the official thread for Edexcel B ? :smile:
Original post by username6026483

In terms of content i feel okay, but I'm just worried about timings. You?
Original post by GmailAccount
In terms of content i feel okay, but I'm just worried about timings. You?

hoping they don't give us a 10 marker on some really stupid niche topic like risk and uncertainty lol
Reply 5
how did u find that?
That was a surprisingly good Paper 1, cheeky oligopoly question on it though considering it's the first paper.
Original post by DanielThePrawn
That was a surprisingly good Paper 1, cheeky oligopoly question on it though considering it's the first paper.

think paper 3 is gonna be all oligopolies, competition, banking reg etc
Original post by GmailAccount
How are you all with timing?
I had to teach myself the course within a year and I'm fine with the content, but it can't seem to be able to fit the entire paper into the 2 hour time allocation so I usually have to sacrifice the last 20 marker or do it very briefly to make time.
I think the main problem is that I'm writing too much for each question, not necessarily that I'm slow. How do you guys write as much as you can and how long do you spend on each question?

A good rule of thumb I find is a-minute-a-mark for Section A. If you get that completed in about an hour then you get an hour left for the 2 20 Markers which usually require more planning.
I used to have that problem too with having to leave out questions, mainly due to writing too much for the first 20 Mark. What I do now is a very short introduction, 4 paragraphs (2 with counterpoints) then an evaluation point, which let's me complete them pretty comfortably.
It's all practice in the end of the day though for timings and how fast you write onto the page, and even more importantly being the quality of your writing.
Original post by DanielThePrawn
A good rule of thumb I find is a-minute-a-mark for Section A. If you get that completed in about an hour then you get an hour left for the 2 20 Markers which usually require more planning.
I used to have that problem too with having to leave out questions, mainly due to writing too much for the first 20 Mark. What I do now is a very short introduction, 4 paragraphs (2 with counterpoints) then an evaluation point, which let's me complete them pretty comfortably.
It's all practice in the end of the day though for timings and how fast you write onto the page, and even more importantly being the quality of your writing.

Lmao I accidently deleted the original post,
Okay yeah thanks, my friend advised me that it's like 0.75 marks a minute for the overall paper, but thinking of it as a mark a minute for the first section might help me improve time. Thanks!
Reply 10
is there a chat for paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest