Reply 1241
xSkyFire
It's wrong as Arsey explained but probably only 1 mark lost lol

oh :frown: ..never mind :p:
Reply 1242
kosy91
but domain is x>1 and so x cannot= 1

you have to consider that. so range >3

i did the same mistake on the mocks. it is y>=3 because when you make a composite function you forget the domains and ranges of the other 2 functions as if they wer not there. only if he said fg(x) x>1 then range >3 but in fact it was not like that. do u get wat i mean?
Reply 1243
guys i have a question..

on question 4 part b a simple question like that couldnt possibly be worth 5 marks cause its so simple. wat i did was use the equation he gave us and replace it in dy/dx of part a. i reached really far in the process and i almost got it actually. has anyone done the same???? wat confused me was the way the question was asked. it sounded like he was talking about dy/dx of part (A). wat do u guys think? and if im wrong i lose 5 marks ryt?????
Da__Man
guys i have a question..

on question 4 part b a simple question like that couldnt possibly be worth 5 marks cause its so simple. wat i did was use the equation he gave us and replace it in dy/dx of part a. i reached really far in the process and i almost got it actually. has anyone done the same???? wat confused me was the way the question was asked. it sounded like he was talking about dy/dx of part (A). wat do u guys think? and if im wrong i lose 5 marks ryt?????

don't really know what you said but the two parts of the question weren't connected
Well I found it bloody difficult...I doubt I'm even going to even get a D...
I hate it when I feel so thick compared to others... :frown:
And I revised :/
Reply 1246
some of you guys are really dumb.....the calculation of grade boundaries is a complex mathematical porcess carried out by edexcel's best statisticians

heres a UMS to raw marks converter.

you will realise that not only does the boundary of the A grade determine the UMS marks, but so does the E grade!!!

PS: this is an important tool i have given you guys...i must be rewarded for it!!
Reply 1247
AnthonyH91
You 're predictions don't make sense at all. If 100 were 70-71 then the grade for an A would be much lower than 61-63. You're saying that 93% raw makrs will get 100% UMS, and 84% raw for 80% UMS.

try the UMS calculator and you will realise that you are mistaken!!
kosy91
PS: this is an important tool i have given you guys...i must be rewarded for it!!

It was made by someone else, did you remove the name so you could claim credit? :hmmm:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11872205&postcount=14
Has a copy of the paper been released?
Reply 1250
LetoKynes
It was made by someone else, did you remove the name so you could claim credit?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11872205&postcount=14

no way am i claiming that it is made by me.i dont think i mentioned that it is made made by me...did i???...i dont even know how it is supposed to be done. i am just passing on the good work done by someone to those who need it.

and i think i have just been negged by you. well i wasnt 'rep fishing' as you claim. i didnt mean 'reps' when i said reward. all i wanted is a thank you!

i wonder why evertone thinks about reps and negs....chill out and lets be friends and help each other
kosy91
no way am i claiming that it is made by me.i dont think i mentioned that it is made made by me...did i???...i dont even know how it is supposed to be done. i am just passing on the good work done by someone to those who need it.

and i think i have just been negged by you. well i wasnt 'rep fishing' as you claim. i didnt mean 'reps' when i said reward. all i wanted is a thank you!

i wonder why evertone thinks about reps and negs....chill out and lets be friends and help each other

Yes, it was me :frown:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. It's my bad. I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :s-smilie:

That tool is great though :smile: Think I'll use it once our results are released :p:
Reply 1252
LetoKynes
Yes, it was me :frown:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. It's my bad. I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :s-smilie:

That tool is great though :smile: Think I'll use it once our results are released

thats ok mate, though you cost me 8rep points!!! but its ok. just bless the guy who made it. i tried it during the june09 session and it worked wonders...
i hope you ok with the entropy stuff on the other side

best of luck for your reamining exams
Thank god its over!!!!!
You're a bit late...
Reply 1255
john1234567
sorry, how? it's clearly two separate parts of the question

Because it says "given that"
it seemed to suggest that you should sub in tany into where x is in the answer to the previous q!
Reply 1256
Tlc-X3
Because it says "given that"
it seemed to suggest that you should sub in tany into where x is in the answer to the previous q!

Yeah, i had the same problem, they should have used another letters instead of x and y or no use the term "given that". 5 marks gone in that easy question...
Reply 1257
Having spoken to my students I would be amazed if the boundary for 80UMS is anywhere near 60. I am going for 55/75. Initially, I thought lower, but in reflection there were quite a lot of easy marks/questions.
Reply 1258
oooh.....thanks for the reassurance Arsey...hope it is around 55!!!
Arsey
Having spoken to my students I would be amazed if the boundary for 80UMS is anywhere near 60. I am going for 55/75. Initially, I thought lower, but in reflection there were quite a lot of easy marks/questions.

what about 90 and 100?

Latest

Trending

Trending