The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

http://blog.commarts.wisc.edu/2011/05/03/glee-the-countertenor-and-the-crooner/

http://blog.commarts.wisc.edu/2011/05/10/glee-the-countertenor-and-the-crooner-part-2/

For music fans. It's really interesting. Talks about gender norms of pop music and the return of the countertenor voice to mainstream society.
Glee Rules..that is all:tea:
Original post by e hine e
I'm about to watch prom again :woo:

There's a GAP in Cambridge? How did I never find it? I would so do that if I ever went in one. I might find one just to do that in.

It's a pretty small one. My friend scared the shop assistant by complaining really loudly that they don't sell pink sunglasses there. And then we walked out going "Oh dear, we got that guy fired. Oh well, better go and get coffee" :biggrin: we had no shame.
Original post by VenomousBlack

Original post by VenomousBlack
Glee Rules..that is all:tea:

I love that emoticon. I've never seen it before but I will use it all the time now.

:tea:

:cookie:
Original post by shinobi93
It's a pretty small one. My friend scared the shop assistant by complaining really loudly that they don't sell pink sunglasses there. And then we walked out going "Oh dear, we got that guy fired. Oh well, better go and get coffee" :biggrin: we had no shame.

:rofl: that's the one time I'd want pink sunglasses, just to put them on in a Gap. Was there not a table you could jump onto then slide to the counter from?

I should never be allowed in a Gap.
Original post by diamonddust

http://blog.commarts.wisc.edu/2011/05/03/glee-the-countertenor-and-the-crooner/

http://blog.commarts.wisc.edu/2011/05/10/glee-the-countertenor-and-the-crooner-part-2/

For music fans. It's really interesting. Talks about gender norms of pop music and the return of the countertenor voice to mainstream society.

Still reading the second one but when he said 'most popular couple' I squeed. I was actually thinking the other day, I hate when people call Kurt a stereotype but I hate more when people say he's a stereotype because of his voice. It's not like he can do anything about it and that for me kind of sums up the homophobic/gender ambiguity-phobic (?) people really-they're blatantly attacking something that's natural in a higher voice so it's no real surprise they can't even understand that homosexuality is natural and gender roles don't have to be set in stone.

That probably doesn't even make sense, I'm half asleep but I know what I'm talking about :s-smilie:

Just.
I like GLEE, but sometimes i find myself cringing at the things on there n the songs :ahhhhh: . Lol but i do love sue she is fricken hilarious. i'll bet ill get loadsa thumbs down tho for thios comment :frown:
Original post by DeadGirlsDance

I like GLEE, but sometimes i find myself cringing at the things on there n the songs :ahhhhh: . Lol but i do love sue she is fricken hilarious. i'll bet ill get loadsa thumbs down tho for thios comment :frown:

We don't neg rep in here :no: I sometimes find Sue funny but I think they often give her stupid stories which just takes away time that could be spent on something else I always think. I like her legion of doom thing though.
Anyone watching eurovision? I literally just jumped out of my seat when we got 12 points. /sad
Aww, that one was the best.

I'd link you to the one I did on my roleplay yesterday with someone else but I tend not to let people read my writing :ninja: I've only read that and bits of McKlainely High. McKlainely High can be intense though...

Oh my gosh, McKlainely High! I love that! :love:
My current fave is 'Unbreakable' by pavloved which is the Glee characters in the Harry Potter verse and Klaine's relationship is just beautiful.

You know what I love about Klaine? I love how old fashioned their relationship feels! I think it was Brad who tweeted that 'Blaine Warbler's' (*rolleyes* Can't believe he doesn't know Blaine's surname!) name came from the main character in Pretty in Pink. I love Kurt's romance and Blaine's dapperness and how they basically courted for about 11 episodes. *happy sigh*
Anyone watching eurovision? I literally just jumped out of my seat when we got 12 points. /sad

I watched all the songs, then couldn't bothered with the results. I love how random the mix of stuff is on eurovision.

I watched all the songs, then couldn't bothered with the results. I love how random the mix of stuff is on eurovision.

The results are the best bit :woo: I watched half the songs, ignored the second half and am now on the edge of my seat. We were at the top of the leaderboard for a couple of votes but now we're dropping :frown:
I have a terrible, terrible feeling Ireland could win.

@ddust I love the old fashioned style of their relationship :love: it's just so sweet.
Reply 5233
I was just watching Prince of Persia with my sisters. Even though Jake looked

pretty hot

I couldn't help thinking I would still infinitely prefer

this guy

to come and save me.
Just discovered Brock Baker's song 'Fairytale Ending' :smile: I forget the Warblers are real people too!

And I discovered it from a Klaine video, so now I just want to go and watch all their scenes again. From like, every episode.

Just discovered Brock Baker's song 'Fairytale Ending' :smile: I forget the Warblers are real people too!

And I discovered it from a Klaine video, so now I just want to go and watch all their scenes again. From like, every episode.

Is that the video that tells you to skip to 1 minute before it starts? I saw that earlier if it is and it was so beautiful :love:
Is that the video that tells you to skip to 1 minute before it starts? I saw that earlier if it is and it was so beautiful :love:

It was, yeah. It was so lovely :biggrin: and I don't want to get all film-geeky, but I did enjoy the editing too :s-smilie: Just rewatched their kiss and when it cuts to the keyboard I couldn't help laughing, after how angry the internet got about it!
:rofl: that's the one time I'd want pink sunglasses, just to put them on in a Gap. Was there not a table you could jump onto then slide to the counter from?

I should never be allowed in a Gap.

If I went into a Gap I would seriously renact the whole thing! My face ALWAYS mirrors Kurt's when Blaine sings 'You can keep all the toys in the drawer tonight.' --> :eek:
I would actually do it because I have no shame!

Still reading the second one but when he said 'most popular couple' I squeed. I was actually thinking the other day, I hate when people call Kurt a stereotype but I hate more when people say he's a stereotype because of his voice. It's not like he can do anything about it and that for me kind of sums up the homophobic/gender ambiguity-phobic (?) people really-they're blatantly attacking something that's natural in a higher voice so it's no real surprise they can't even understand that homosexuality is natural and gender roles don't have to be set in stone.

That probably doesn't even make sense, I'm half asleep but I know what I'm talking about :s-smilie:

Just.

I know, right? It's horrible! I think Chris' speaking voice is lovely and again, it's not his fault. It's not fair that people should attack him or Kurt for it. Why is it even a 'bad' thing that his voice is high? :dontknow: Society seems to have this ingrained view that femininity or effeminacy, I should say, is bad and I don't understand where it came from? He's not a ****** woman and he's not a stereotype. Kurt is a complex person. People attach his love of musical theatre, singing and fashion to his being gay when in reality, it;s part of his personality in the same way my obsession with musicals is part of mine. People who criticise Kurt ignore the way he's also been on the football team and been amazing and he also (presumably) knows about cars because of his dad. His speaking voice is a hint of his singing voice and I'd kill for his voice so...
You get people like my mum and my sister saying that Kurt's 'so gay' in a horrible tone because of his voice. I haven't noticed anyone making disparaging comments about Blaine being 'so gay' or Brittany or Santana. People definitely have an issue with Kurt/Chris' voice because it threatens their (ignorant) preconceptions. Though, do you think Chris makes his voice a little higher for Kurt? Because I don't think he sounds *as* high pitched as himself. I'm thinking of 'those were my sexy faces' right now. This probably doesn't make sense either! I'm just sick of people insulting Kurt when it sort of insults Chris too. I'm not having it! /protective

Which things do you cringe at? :smile: We'd all be lying if none of us had a cringe moment! I cringe everytime Will opens his mouth. And no, we don't neg on here. Unless I'm on my iphone and accidentally press neg instead of quote... :blush:
I don't really like Sue that much anymore... she's turned into even more of a caricature than she originally was.

If I went into a Gap I would seriously renact the whole thing! My face ALWAYS mirrors Kurt's when Blaine sings 'You can keep all the toys in the drawer tonight.' --> :eek:
I would actually do it because I have no shame!

I know, right? It's horrible! I think Chris' speaking voice is lovely and again, it's not his fault. It's not fair that people should attack him or Kurt for it. Why is it even a 'bad' thing that his voice is high? :dontknow: Society seems to have this ingrained view that femininity or effeminacy, I should say, is bad and I don't understand where it came from? He's not a ****** woman and he's not a stereotype. Kurt is a complex person. People attach his love of musical theatre, singing and fashion to his being gay when in reality, it;s part of his personality in the same way my obsession with musicals is part of mine. People who criticise Kurt ignore the way he's also been on the football team and been amazing and he also (presumably) knows about cars because of his dad. His speaking voice is a hint of his singing voice and I'd kill for his voice so...
You get people like my mum and my sister saying that Kurt's 'so gay' in a horrible tone because of his voice. I haven't noticed anyone making disparaging comments about Blaine being 'so gay' or Brittany or Santana. People definitely have an issue with Kurt/Chris' voice because it threatens their (ignorant) preconceptions. Though, do you think Chris makes his voice a little higher for Kurt? Because I don't think he sounds *as* high pitched as himself. I'm thinking of 'those were my sexy faces' right now. This probably doesn't make sense either! I'm just sick of people insulting Kurt when it sort of insults Chris too. I'm not having it! /protective

Which things do you cringe at? :smile: We'd all be lying if none of us had a cringe moment! I cringe everytime Will opens his mouth. And no, we don't neg on here. Unless I'm on my iphone and accidentally press neg instead of quote... :blush:
I don't really like Sue that much anymore... she's turned into even more of a caricature than she originally was.

I think he does a bit but I think it's more about making himself sound younger than anything, plus he sounds more excitable as Kurt which means it's naturally higher than usual. I love his voice though, it's so amazing and you can hear the lower tones coming through when he sings and speaks too. It maddens me that people use it against him. Did you see the interview before where he said 'did I do something to offend you?' I don't understand how people can't love that guy.

Quick Reply

Latest