The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

spikeymike
Yeah... well stop be anti-social. :p: Fresh air is always good.

Enough chit chat, brb in ~25mins. The bank better open it's doors today. :colonhash:

Fresh air would wake me up, but I need to be in to wait for this email :yep:
Morning Tech Soc! :hello:

Fresh air sounds like a good idea, I could do with some rather than sitting on my bum all day on the internet
Spooky_Rach
Morning Tech Soc! :hello:

Fresh air sounds like a good idea, I could do with some rather than sitting on my bum all day on the internet

Hi :wavey:

Sitting on your bum all day on the Internet is the best way to spend the day :teeth:
secretmessages
Fresh air would wake me up, but I need to be in to wait for this email :yep:

Well apologies, I was out for about an hour. :colondollar: The bank was open. :yeah: They suggested I get a credit card... and I was like... :hand:

:hand:
spikeymike
Well apologies, I was out for about an hour. :colondollar: The bank was open. :yeah: They suggested I get a credit card... and I was like... :hand:

:hand:

Credit card, why? :holmes:
secretmessages
Credit card, why? :holmes:

She asked if I shopped on the internet a lot and I was like yeah sometimes, apparently credit cards are safer to use online with things like money fraud and that. I normally use Paypal checkout anyway so... :dontknow:
Reply 2686
spikeymike
She asked if I shopped on the internet a lot and I was like yeah sometimes, apparently credit cards are safer to use online with things like money fraud and that. I normally use Paypal checkout anyway so... :dontknow:

She is right, it is safer to buy online with a credit card, but that is not why she was offering you one :p:
She wanted you to get one so you go into debt and pay them a tonne of moneys, she also probably gets commission for each person that signs up to a credit card. Thus, from this analogy, stick with debit cards :woo:
Puma
She is right, it is safer to buy online with a credit card, but that is not why she was offering you one :p:
She wanted you to get one so you go into debt and pay them a tonne of moneys, she also probably gets commission for each person that signs up to a credit card. Thus, from this analogy, stick with debit cards :woo:

Scum. :dry:

I've never really had any intentions of getting one anyway. :dontknow:
Reply 2688
spikeymike
Scum. :dry:

I've never really had any intentions of getting one anyway. :dontknow:

Indeed. :p:

I plan on having one when I am older, it helps improve your credit rating :teeth:

How is everyone?
Puma
Indeed. :p:

I plan on having one when I am older, it helps improve your credit rating :teeth:

How is everyone?

It does? How? :holmes:

I'm ok, but I'm preparing for the worst for the team meeting this afternoon, I really want to get this website done as soon as possible as we all have a C programming assigment which is worth 16% of the module, Manchester baby simulator, wiki it if you're interested.

You?
Reply 2690
spikeymike

I'm ok, but I'm preparing for the worst for the team meeting this afternoon, I really want to get this website done as soon as possible as we all have a C programming assigment which is worth 16% of the module, Manchester baby simulator, wiki it if you're interested.

You?

Yeah, a credit card is basically you borrowing money (credit) from the bank then paying it back at the end of the money.

Group work is the worst thing, I have a deadline for tomorrow and the group just aren't doing the work at all.

Am OK, little hung over :teeth:
Could do with my bed too haha
Reply 2691
spikeymike

You?

It's like driving insurance, if you have a credit card, but never use it, it improves your credit rating. Kinda silly, but that's the way it works. It's just the correlation between people who pay back their debts and people who can own a credit card without spending on it.
So, my trip outside to get fresh air resulted in me buying 2 dvds for £10 from CEX :pinch: :redface:
afternoon:holmes:

today has been productive so far:holmes:
Reply 2694
Advice needed fellas.

I am in a group coursework and today we met to begin the work. I meet one guy in my group whom I have never met or spoken to before. He tells me that due to my time away (am away with TA) he can't work in a group with me. So I speak with the lecturer to grants a group extension due to my time away. This means we have an extra week whilst am away, benefiting the group. However, this guy still says he doesn't want to work with me; "it's not personal'. He emailed me this instead of telling me in class. So now our options are split into a group of two and one person does it alone or work together in the original group. I am very annoyed as this guy has known about the group for at least a month.
Puma
Advice needed fellas.

I am in a group coursework and today we met to begin the work. I meet one guy in my group whom I have never met or spoken to before. He tells me that due to my time away (am away with TA) he can't work in a group with me. So I speak with the lecturer to grants a group extension due to my time away. This means we have an extra week whilst am away, benefiting the group. However, this guy still says he doesn't want to work with me; "it's not personal'. He emailed me this instead of telling me in class. So now our options are split into a group of two and one person does it alone or work together in the original group. I am very annoyed as this guy has known about the group for at least a month.

No idea bud, what does your lecturer say about it?
alexsheppard11
afternoon:holmes:

today has been productive so far:holmes:

I'm the complete opposite. :colonhash:
Reply 2697
spikeymike
No idea bud, what does your lecturer say about it?

He said the group can stay is it is or someone has to do it alone. I'll fail if I do it alone. Not happy.
Puma
He said the group can stay is it is or someone has to do it alone. I'll fail if I do it alone. Not happy.

Join another group?
Reply 2699
spikeymike
Join another group?

All full or too far ahead with the work. :frown:

I may just take the bullet and do it alone. Fooking people lol

Latest

Trending

Trending