The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology Conversion

Hi, I am currently based out of India and am considering applying to MSc Psychology conversion programs.I have 5 years of work experience as a product manager (in the tech industry) and my intent is to go into product research or behavior research in the tech space. I am exploring this direction to build my base in psychology and human behaviour, as well as learn research practices.Is MSc Psychology conversion program suitable for jobs related to research in the tech industry? What is the scope of career opportunities after the program in corporates?
Original post by MQues
Hi, I am currently based out of India and am considering applying to MSc Psychology conversion programs.I have 5 years of work experience as a product manager (in the tech industry) and my intent is to go into product research or behavior research in the tech space. I am exploring this direction to build my base in psychology and human behaviour, as well as learn research practices.Is MSc Psychology conversion program suitable for jobs related to research in the tech industry? What is the scope of career opportunities after the program in corporates?

@MQues
In terms of career guidance you are best discussing your progression route with someone from the tech industry, I would assume there are stronger routes.

However, if you did decide to do an MSc in Psychology you can do one 100% online with a course registered with the British Psychological Society at Arden University - there are also blended options available in Manchester, London, and a few other locations. For an unbiased review check out their report with the QAA and also their TEF rating - two reports readily available online.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Hello,

I’m a current MSc Psychology (Conversion) student at the University of Surrey. My UG degree was in Modern Languages (French and Spanish).

I love that the conversion programme brings together a diverse group of students with varying experiences, allowing for a rich learning environment in which everyone can contribute something new.

Although I am not working in the tech industry, I can say that the programme provides a great foundation in psychology and human behaviour, as well as research practices that may be relevant to product research or behaviour research in the tech industry. The course opens up a variety of job prospects in a variety of industries, including roles such as user experience researcher, product researcher, a behavioural scientist in tech companies, and data analyst roles.

If you have any questions about the programme at Surrey, feel free to ask, and I wish you the best of luck with your studies!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student
Original post by MQues
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello,

I’m a current MSc Psychology (Conversion) student at the University of Surrey. My UG degree was in Modern Languages (French and Spanish).

I love that the conversion programme brings together a diverse group of students with varying experiences, allowing for a rich learning environment in which everyone can contribute something new.

Although I am not working in the tech industry, I can say that the programme provides a great foundation in psychology and human behaviour, as well as research practices that may be relevant to product research or behaviour research in the tech industry. The course opens up a variety of job prospects in a variety of industries, including roles such as user experience researcher, product researcher, a behavioural scientist in tech companies, and data analyst roles.

If you have any questions about the programme at Surrey, feel free to ask, and I wish you the best of luck with your studies!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student

Hi Sam My Name is palak and I'm joining university of Sheffield this September for the same course Msc in psychology and education conversion. I would love to know about the job sector and job opportunities after this course. And what can i do after completing my Msc.
Thanks in advance 😇
Original post by Palakchugh
Hi Sam My Name is palak and I'm joining university of Sheffield this September for the same course Msc in psychology and education conversion. I would love to know about the job sector and job opportunities after this course. And what can i do after completing my Msc.
Thanks in advance 😇

Hi Palak!

That's exciting news - congratulations on securing a place at the University of Sheffield for the MSc in Psychology and Education Conversion programme

Conversion courses are a great way to gain BPS accreditation and pave the way towards a career as an educational psychologist if that's the path you choose to pursue.

The course covers a wide range of skills and topics, which can be applied to various job roles. For instance, you could become a teacher or consider researcher roles. Another option is to become an educational consultant.

Furthermore, upon completing your MSc, you could opt for further education and training, such as a PhD in Psychology or Education, or complete a teaching qualification like a PGCE.

Overall, an MSc in Psychology and Education Conversion provides numerous job opportunities that you can tailor to your interests, skills, and experience. I hope this information helps, and I wish you all the best with your studies!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student
Reply 5
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi Palak!

That's exciting news - congratulations on securing a place at the University of Sheffield for the MSc in Psychology and Education Conversion programme

Conversion courses are a great way to gain BPS accreditation and pave the way towards a career as an educational psychologist if that's the path you choose to pursue.

The course covers a wide range of skills and topics, which can be applied to various job roles. For instance, you could become a teacher or consider researcher roles. Another option is to become an educational consultant.

Furthermore, upon completing your MSc, you could opt for further education and training, such as a PhD in Psychology or Education, or complete a teaching qualification like a PGCE.

Overall, an MSc in Psychology and Education Conversion provides numerous job opportunities that you can tailor to your interests, skills, and experience. I hope this information helps, and I wish you all the best with your studies!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student

Thanks alot for replying.

Quick Reply

Latest