The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

Official University of Suffolk 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Suffolk for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
Hi there potential applicants! I'm Elliot, a Student Ambassador from the University of Suffolk, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about studying here or student life in general. My subject is Computing, so I'd be especially happy to help anyone come to a decision on studying degrees in the tech industry. Excited to hear from you all! :biggrin:

- Elliot
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Hi!
I've applied and have an offer from the University of Suffolk but due to upcoming exams I haven't been able to go down and visit. I'd love to find out what student life is like down in Suffolk? What things do you particularly enjoy/not enjoy about studying there and the place itself?
Thank you!
Original post by lemonfru_
Hi!
I've applied and have an offer from the University of Suffolk but due to upcoming exams I haven't been able to go down and visit. I'd love to find out what student life is like down in Suffolk? What things do you particularly enjoy/not enjoy about studying there and the place itself?
Thank you!

Hi @lemonfru_

Congrats on applying to us! We do have some open days coming up, I've attached a link in case you can make one of them (you can always book a campus tour with us if you'd like): https://www.uos.ac.uk/opendays

Ipswich has all sorts of things to offer...from cinemas and theatres, pubs and bars, escape rooms and game arcade, wildlife and country parks, to axe-throwing and karaoke bars...there's something for everyone to enjoy :smile:

I really like how the town is a 10 minute walk from our main Waterfront building, and it has lots of lovely coffee shops too if you fancy somewhere different to study. The train station is a 20 min walk from, and trains go to a range of destinations, such as Felixstowe if you fancy a day at the beach and there are direct services to London Liverpool Street if you wanted to explore the sights.

What course have you applied for? Our Students' Union have lots of societies, there may be one that's related to your course (e.g. we have a nursing society) or one that you like the sound of :smile:

Hope that's helped,

Amy
PhD student,
Official University of Suffolk Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending