The Student Room Group

How crucial is university prestige for Oxbridge postgrad applications?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering, if a person has a good profile for Oxbridge but came from a low ranking university, what are the chances that they will get accepted?

Here's my background:
I have achieved a first-class grade (85%) in Computer Science and served as the president of my university's main tech society, organizing hackathons and events. Additionally, I've published a research paper in the field of AI/ML. It's worth noting that my university is one of the low ranked unis for Computer Science; in fact, it's considered an arts-focused institution being one of the best in that field. I am also an international student completing my bachelor's degree in the UK. Given these factors, what do you think my chances are?

Thank you very much for your insights.
Original post by JasonWal
Hey everyone!

I was wondering, if a person has a good profile for Oxbridge but came from a low ranking university, what are the chances that they will get accepted?

Here's my background:
I have achieved a first-class grade (85%) in Computer Science and served as the president of my university's main tech society, organizing hackathons and events. Additionally, I've published a research paper in the field of AI/ML. It's worth noting that my university is one of the low ranked unis for Computer Science; in fact, it's considered an arts-focused institution being one of the best in that field. I am also an international student completing my bachelor's degree in the UK. Given these factors, what do you think my chances are?

Thank you very much for your insights.

What's important are your grades and the fit with the course, do you have the background required for the course modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending