The Student Room Group

How to bypass admin on school computer?

For context I my dad broke my phone and drawing tablet, and I need to be able to communicate with my friends and bf.
My school has linewize installed.
I tried powerwashing, said device is managed by our school.

Any advice is helpful, thank you so much. I'm just not too sure what to do? Is there another way to access social media? Are there alternative social media websites I can use? Free virtual machines? Etc.

If not I might try putting firefox on a usb and hopefully that will work? Not really sure, just really any advice would be great.
Reply 1
Back in secondary school I used to use Google Hangouts which was the only service not blocked (as it could be accessed though Gmail). Hangouts has been shut down but I believe Google Chats can still be accessed through Gmail

Sorry if these are personal questions and don't worry if you don't feel comfy answering them - but how old are you and does your boyfriend attend your school?

And is your dad planning on replacing your phone? If its just a short term thing the above solution should be okay but I wouldnt rely on it long term
Original post by oligti
Back in secondary school I used to use Google Hangouts which was the only service not blocked (as it could be accessed though Gmail). Hangouts has been shut down but I believe Google Chats can still be accessed through Gmail

Sorry if these are personal questions and don't worry if you don't feel comfy answering them - but how old are you and does your boyfriend attend your school?

And is your dad planning on replacing your phone? If its just a short term thing the above solution should be okay but I wouldnt rely on it long term

I tried it and it said "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Chat. Please contact your organisation administrator for access." :frown:, thank you though.

I am a freshman (year 10), he is a sophomore (year 11). It's a one year age gap. Me and him share one class, but he isn't at school often and we haven't planned a date yet (me and him got together recently), so we mainly talk online.

My dad doesn't plan on replacing it. Best solution I have is my friend offered to let me borrow her old phone until my dad realizes me not having a phone is stupid.
Reply 3
Original post by MapleRenegade
I tried it and it said "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Chat. Please contact your organisation administrator for access." :frown:, thank you though.

I am a freshman (year 10), he is a sophomore (year 11). It's a one year age gap. Me and him share one class, but he isn't at school often and we haven't planned a date yet (me and him got together recently), so we mainly talk online.

My dad doesn't plan on replacing it. Best solution I have is my friend offered to let me borrow her old phone until my dad realizes me not having a phone is stupid.

Are you saying you have a school laptop at home? Or do you only have the school PCs in school? This could work for both but would be more likely to succeed if on a laptop you can take home etc. You will want to get a VPN - Go to the google extensions store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?hl=en-GB) and look for a vpn (I think one called AtlasVPN has a free version which is limited but is good enough). Then once this is on your pc you will want to turn it on - then open up google (incognito if possible?) and see if its unblocked the sites you normally use for messaging

If google extentions link is blocked, you can try downloading one off the web but im not sure how this will go down with your school download rules?

Worst comes to the worst you can always send emails to eachother if you're desperate? But I understand this is really naff and not as quick and easy as messaging. You could also see if Pinterest is blocked on your schools internet (at my school it wasnt - but this was 5 or so years ago) - there is a direct messaging service in pinterest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending