The Student Room Group

How popular is Telegram in the UK?

I live in Singapore and I downloaded Telegram in November 2019 but it was only ever since April 2023 that I started joining channels and public groups on it.

Before then I am not sure if I even knew that it had channels and public groups.I don’t use it to personally message my friends, colleagues and family and relatives.

In fact only a few of my friends and colleagues have it and not a single person among my family and relatives have it. For that reason I am in Telegram groups among my family and friends.

I use it more for updates from channels to see news updates and other such updates.

Apparently it released in August 2013 but I don’t think I had ever heard of it before November 2019.

In Singapore (where I live) I think it’s a somewhat 50:50 popular in that there are as many people who have it as there are who don’t have it.

I was just curious about the following:

Do you guys personally have the app/use it?

How popular is it in the UK?

If you do use Telegram do you use it for messaging friends, colleagues and family or for subscribing to public groups and channels or for both?
(edited 5 months ago)
I personally have it but I use it as I have a buddy in Ukraine and for volunteering updates fr the organisation. I have noticed a few of my friends joining it recently
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
I personally have it but I use it as I have a buddy in Ukraine and for volunteering updates fr the organisation. I have noticed a few of my friends joining it recently

So do you only use it to keep in contact with your buddy in Ukraine and to hear volunteering updates from the organisation in Ukraine and for no other purpose at all?

I am guessing that this might mean that Telegram is popular and commonly used in Ukraine but I am not entirely sure if that is the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending