The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

spikeymike
CPU and motherboard. :yep:

Thanks, I will experiment later :holmes:
i've tried overclocking, its just a pain having to increment in small bits, and leave it running to make sure it doesn't crash, meaning watching temperatures

and then you get angry when you see people with screenshots of their hardware, which is the same as yours, yet yours crashes:woo:
I went into the BIOS and all the CPU options were greyed out.. does this mean I can't overclock? Any way to get around this? :sad:
secretmessages
I went into the BIOS and all the CPU options were greyed out.. does this mean I can't overclock? Any way to get around this? :sad:

I doubt you can get round it. :holmes:
secretmessages

reset the bios and start again?

you may have to set something to 'manual clock settings'
alexsheppard11
reset the bios and start again?

you may have to set something to 'manual clock settings'

I don't think I could see anything like that :erm:. Where would I be looking?
secretmessages
I don't think I could see anything like that :erm:. Where would I be looking?

see the top option, its manual or auto.
auto is what the CPU should run at, and everything else would be greyed out.
when you switch it to manual, you can change all the timings

alexsheppard11
see the top option, its manual or auto.
auto is what the CPU should run at, and everything else would be greyed out.
when you switch it to manual, you can change all the timings

Mine doesn't have that option :no:
How does SpringerLink recognise that I am from the University of Warwick (and hence can use their apparent academic licence) when I am not on campus? :holmes:
secretmessages
How does SpringerLink recognise that I am from the University of Warwick (and hence can use their apparent academic licence) when I am not on campus? :holmes:

Your log in details? :hmmm:
spikeymike
Your log in details? :hmmm:

I didn't enter any. I just selected country + institution, pressed go, and it accepted :dontknow:
Sony Ericsson T610:sogood:
alexsheppard11
Sony Ericsson T610:sogood:

Wutt?
secretmessages
I didn't enter any. I just selected country + institution, pressed go, and it accepted :dontknow:

I stole your ffffuuuu gif... I don't think you've noticed yet. :teehee:
secretmessages

Mine did the same, I think it must be because I was logged into moodle(the VLE Glasgow uni uses) at the time, so when it redirected to the university site it just picked up the login.
spikeymike
I stole your ffffuuuu gif... I don't think you've noticed yet. :teehee:

I did notice :sexface:. I check your profile on a regular basis.
ish90an
Mine did the same, I think it must be because I was logged into moodle(the VLE Glasgow uni uses) at the time, so when it redirected to the university site it just picked up the login.

:holmes: That's a possibility, perhaps :smile:
Reply 1177
alexsheppard11
i think latex is a lot of effort

:hand:

It's just a markup language, no more complicated than HTML really (and a damn sight simpler in some cases). You just use backslashes instead of tags, so if you want a theta you just type in \theta. If you want a fraction, it's just \frac{1}{2}. Simples. :yep:
Can someone please report my thread so it can be deleted, cheers. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1194670
spikeymike
Wutt?

its just an ancient photo, from a low quality camera phone :p:

in other news, firefox does this when i press ctrl, shift + tab a few times :s-smilie:

anyone else have this, i don't know what is causing it yet

Latest

Trending

Trending