The Student Room Group
misst
Welcome to the

Harry Potter Society!

:party:

I know that there's a whole forum dedicated to it, but I don't think that should mean that having a society is useless. Membership in the HP Society would reflect our appreciation of Harry Potter even as we wait for Book 7, even as we aren't in the Harry Potter forum, and even after Book 7 is released! (We're talking longevity here :biggrin:)

We'll also try to get permission to post a cool HP Society logo once that feature is up and running again. :smile:

==================================================

JOINING THE HARRY POTTER SOCIETY

To join the Society, you must do two things:

(1) send a PM to the HP Society Headmaster (me :biggrin:) with the following information: (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up; AND

(2) make a post in this thread, also with (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up.

CHOOSING A HOUSE

To choose a House, you can be guided by the Sorting Hat, or you can also choose on your own (after all, it is our choices that define us, as Dumbledore said :wink:). A special request: please consider joining Hufflepuff or Slytherin (Hufflepuff especially), because these two houses are quite outnumbered by the people in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw! :smile:

UPDATES

- Congratulations to Ravenclaw for winning last years House Cup :biggrin: Full Results can be found here

- The HP Society Homework Thread is up! So you can now check out all the latest assignments all in one thread. Click here to go to the Homework Thread.

- New Year, New Term! House points have started again, every house starts at 100 :smile:

LIST OF MEMBERS, HOUSES, AND HOUSE POINTS

HP SOCIETY LEADERS

Teachers and Head Boy and Girl

GRYFFINDOR
HEAD OF HOUSE: Doom_and_Gloom

Gryffindor

RAVENCLAW
HEAD OF HOUSE: misst

Ravenclaw

HUFFLEPUFF
HEAD OF HOUSE: hedwig

Hufflepuff

SLYTHERIN
HEAD OF HOUSE: makeshiftwings
DEPUTY HEAD: ~Raven~
POINTS: 100 - 10 - 15 + 10 - 5 + 25 + 5 + 20 - 5 + 15 - 5 + 10 + 5 + 20 + 5 = 175

Slytherin

EX-MEMBERS

The Dearly Departed

If you've joined, please help the society grow by spreading the word around!

:smile:

Hi am mini and i want to join the Harry potter sciety am a mad fan of HARRY!!! sEEN ALL THE FILMS UP TILL 4 AND READ BOOKS 5 AND 6!!!! i WANT TO BE SOTED BY THE SORTING HAT RATHER THAN CHOOSING!!!
Aeana
there was nothing wrong with that potion...
:biggrin:
because you're an idiot

Indeed, I am sure the potion was okay.
Aeana
there was nothing wrong with that potion...
:biggrin:
because you're an idiot

of course:hmpf: ... keep lying like this and someday a few drops of veritaserum might JUST fall into your morning pumpkin juice :wink:
nicolo
of course:hmpf: ... keep lying like this and someday a few drops of veritaserum might JUST fall into your morning pumpkin juice :wink:
:fight: :viking: :ts:
yourjoyismylow
:damnmate: stop this now, buddy. I don't need you help

us griffindors dont need ppl to ask us for help, WE have values
Xxx Mini xxX
Hi am mini and i want to join the Harry potter sciety am a mad fan of HARRY!!! sEEN ALL THE FILMS UP TILL 4 AND READ BOOKS 5 AND 6!!!! i WANT TO BE SOTED BY THE SORTING HAT RATHER THAN CHOOSING!!!
ohhhhhkaaaayyyy....seems like you will be a Hufflepuff. ...... Yup. Sorted
Xxx Mini xxX

then PM misst and take the test :smile:
yourjoyismylow
ohhhhhkaaaayyyy....seems like you will be a Hufflepuff. ...... Yup. Sorted

i was thinking the same :rolleyes:
Anne.... A N N E..... we need more Slytherin vibes ... N O W
ooo hey nicolo lol
http://www.theharrypotterquiz.com

Hey guys try this it tells u who u r like in HP, I be like this :smile:

Ginny Weasley
As Ginny, you a friendly but quiet and timid. You have a thing for men with glasses.

I would actually say that descries me apart from the thing about me liking men with glasses, well maybe Daniel but no one else lol
nicolo
i was thinking the same :rolleyes:
Oh great. I fell...erm...honoured

:rofl:
crowded here tonight.
again, peeps, I have a new job (teaching :biggrin:)
yourjoyismylow
Oh great. I fell...erm...honoured

:rofl:

im happy :biggrin:
it's good slytherins still have enough common sense to acknowledge our intellectual superiority
oh look, I am approaching 3000 posts
nicolo
im happy :biggrin:
it's good slytherins still have enough common sense to acknowledge our intellectual superiority
:boring: don't kid yourself
Shylock
ooo hey nicolo lol

heey, nice to see u again
xXLil'-AnGelXx
http://www.theharrypotterquiz.com

Hey guys try this it tells u who u r like in HP, I be like this :smile:

Ginny Weasley
As Ginny, you a friendly but quiet and timid. You have a thing for men with glasses.

l
Ginny, eh? Oh dear...
whoo hufflepuff yay :party:
what's been happening since i've been gone nicolo?

--------------

Here are the results of the sorting test.

Ron Weasley
As Ron, while you may not have any particular talents or stand out from the crowd, you still show unfailing loyalty to your friends. Just watch that temper!
Ravenclaw
As a member of Ravenclaw House, you are diligent, intelligent and resourceful.

Latest