Turn on thread page Beta

Born haber cycle aqa Nelson thornes a2 p169 help watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am not able to calulate the delta h l the enthalpy of mgcl2 on a worked example. The answer is -2524 but I keep getting another value which doesn't match the one in the eg. Can someone doing aqa a2 chen with a nelson thornes book page 169 pls help me out. By telling me the method of getting the correct value. Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by gcseangel)
    Hi I am not able to calulate the delta h l the enthalpy of mgcl2 on a worked example. The answer is -2524 but I keep getting another value which doesn't match the one in the eg. Can someone doing aqa a2 chen with a nelson thornes book page 169 pls help me out. By telling me the method of getting the correct value. Thank you
    Check out this link:

Born Haber MgCl2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    Check out this link:

Born Haber MgCl2

That really is a good diagram is that site accessible to all?

Do you have the Nelson Thornes A2 aqa textbook? I was referring to a specific example in my post about born haber cycles. But that site is very useful.

So thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by gcseangel)
    That really is a good diagram is that site accessible to all?

Do you have the Nelson Thornes A2 aqa textbook? I was referring to a specific example in my post about born haber cycles. But that site is very useful.

So thanks
    Yes the site is accessible to all and no, I dont have the book, but I thought that if you looked at the BH stepwise you could find your mistake. If you are still puzzled I'll include the data in the diagram.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.