The Student Room Group

Krebs cycle help!!!

How much detail do I need to know about it.
I'm doing AQA a level biology.
I get Calvin's cycle. But this is something else.
Do I need to know the diagram?
Reply 1
Help
Reply 2
Please answer
Original post by Mad Man
Please answer

bro it’s just oxaloacetate (4c) binds with acetyl group(2c) of acetyl coa to make citrate(6c) then citrate goes to a 5c intermediate then back to ocaloacwtate with all the atp and fad and nadh reactions. but i do cie so to check if u need to know just go on to save my exams go to revision notes for aqa, go to the page for respiration and you will see
Reply 4
Original post by jerrymandattyh
bro it’s just oxaloacetate (4c) binds with acetyl group(2c) of acetyl coa to make citrate(6c) then citrate goes to a 5c intermediate then back to ocaloacwtate with all the atp and fad and nadh reactions. but i do cie so to check if u need to know just go on to save my exams go to revision notes for aqa, go to the page for respiration and you will see

It's OK I get it now.
But do you need to know the actual redox reactions too?
Newer question how many molecules of ATP produced from oxidative phosphorylation?
Some sources say 28 but where does the other 4 Atp go from the 32 Atp made in krebs cycle
Original post by Mad Man
It's OK I get it now.
But do you need to know the actual redox reactions too?
Newer question how many molecules of ATP produced from oxidative phosphorylation?
Some sources say 28 but where does the other 4 Atp go from the 32 Atp made in krebs cycle

isnt it a net gain of 28
Reply 6
Original post by jerrymandattyh
isnt it a net gain of 28

32 atp is produced.
In O.PHOS 28 is net gain. What happens to the 4?
Reply 7
After further reading I've understood.

I'm going to explain this so others understand too (who might need help)

24 ATP produced by reduced NAD and reduced FAD only.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending