Work Experience In The Police Force?

Watch
Lils
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi,
I am trying to find some work experience and i wanted to find out if anyone had done any work experience in Police work
Mia:x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I did, in year ten. I was with the diplomatic protection branch of the met, and I have to say it was amazing!
Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity.

Oh and your first post, welcome to TSR! x
UCAS_HELP_NEEDED
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mia:x)
I did, in year ten. I was with the diplomatic protection branch of the met, and I have to say it was amazing!
Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity.

Oh and your first post, welcome to TSR! x
Every single thing in this post is perfect.

Remind me to rep you.
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you have a look at www.do-it.org.uk they sometimes have volunteering opportunities with the police. It is mainly admin etc, but it would give you an insight into how police stations work.
tony_tigger
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
from personal experience it varies from force to force, you would need to have a good reason and be convincing but it is possible to go out with police officers for an evening/shift. Just bear in mind that it can be dangerous and exciting or you might have a dull night guarding a crime scene...
What is the specific reason for wanting experience of the police force? are you considering it as a career? and how old are you?
Ilayza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know it’s been years but exactly what did you do there ????
SK0214
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ilayza)
I know it’s been years but exactly what did you do there ????
This thread should help...shows exactly what me and other people did on work experience with the police...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post79790662
Xizzy_x13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do I apply to work experience at the Diplomatic protection branch?
15vellacottnic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you get rejected by the police force for work experiance if you are a basic trainee with the army cadet force?
amna!!
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i just liked to ask how did you get in contact with the police and how do you apply to do the work experience in the police.Thanks x
Rob russell
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, how did you apply for this? My daughter really wants to do her work experience this year with police force. Thanks
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This thread is ten years old. Could be more productive to start a new one for your question.

UK forces don't really do work experience. It's clearly not a kid friendly environment. You can occasionally get ride alongs though, and your daughter could volunteer as a special if she's over eighteen (or as a cadet if she's currently under that age)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed