The Student Room Group
Cook this....

Starters: Crispy Shredded Duck Pancakes.

Mains: Roast Monkfish with Chilli Stir Fried Samphire and Lemon Ginger Dressing.

Dessert: Triple Chocolate Brownie Cheese Cake.
Reply 2
Trouser Snake
Cook this....

Starters: Crispy Shredded Duck Pancakes.

Mains: Roast Monkfish with Chilli Stir Fried Samphire and Lemon Ginger Dressing.

Dessert: Triple Chocolate Brownie Cheese Cake.

I'd go to this dinner :'D
eeriikaa
I'd go to this dinner :'D

I made it earlier this week, although it was a meal for one lol
Charlisquigs
Me and my friends are doing come dine with me (yes, we lead highly exiting lives) and I'm a bit stuck for meal ideas, its a three course meal, I was thinking a chicken dish for the main I have no idea what to cook for starters and dessert. Any suggestions?

My cousin (MC) did this a couple of weeks ago and Ill give you the same advice i gave her - do you watch it? I think Natalie's mushroom starter was good here, MC changed this to add breadcrumbs and cheese on top - both versions on telly and irl went down v.v.v well. Then MC used her slow cooker to do all the work for the main with Boeuf Bourguignon and a homemade chocolate cake with cream/ice-cream which her guests wouldnt believed she made herself (choccy desserts always go down well)
Another good starter is Pan fried Mackerel fillet on a bed of wild Rocket with Salsa Verde.

I make a mean salsa, big glug of extra virgin olive oil combined with white wine vinegar, squirt of lime, capers, finely chopped red onion, garlic, tomato, pepper, pickled gherkin, parsley, salt and pepper.
Reply 6
Ah, this is making me want to do the CDWM week my friends and I did last summer again...
But it was so difficult to cook as one of my friends is such a fussy eater so I couldn't play around with as many exciting things =(
That said, I opened the door looking like a Mexican, got my guests drunk on homemade sangria and made them all OG with a semi-liquid chocolate cake, lmao.

OP, chicken is really safe.. I'd go for something quite light for starters and dessert, tbh. Although, I agree with Jennie that chocolate desserts are the besttt <3
Reply 7
eeriikaa
Ah, this is making me want to do the CDWM week my friends and I did last summer again...
But it was so difficult to cook as one of my friends is such a fussy eater so I couldn't play around with as many exciting things =(
That said, I opened the door looking like a Mexican, got my guests drunk on homemade sangria and made them all OG with a semi-liquid chocolate cake, lmao.

OP, chicken is really safe.. I'd go for something quite light for starters and dessert, tbh. Although, I agree with Jennie that chocolate desserts are the besttt <3

I know chicken is the safe option, but so many of my friends are fussy eaters I have no choice, I really wanted to cook fish but most of them hate it. Chocolate dessert sounds yummy.
How do you make sangria can I ask, thats a good idea...
Reply 8
Charlisquigs
I know chicken is the safe option, but so many of my friends are fussy eaters I have no choice, I really wanted to cook fish but most of them hate it. Chocolate dessert sounds yummy.
How do you make sangria can I ask, thats a good idea...

I made a white sangria which involved slicing and juicing lemons, limes and oranges and topping that up with white wine, ginger beer and ice cubes (I can't remember where this recipe was from, sorry!) but it's pretty easy, just google it :smile:
Reply 9

Reply 10
My friends and I *

Latest

Trending

Trending