The Student Room Group

If you could create a game about anything, what would it be?

Some of our Games Design Students have had some excellent ideas in the past. You can check some of them out here: https://schoolofcreativeartsandindustries.com/games-design/

Scroll to see replies

I don’t know what i’d call it but I guess I call it a transporter so you are delivering high performance cars to clients around the UK with story line that progresses as you complete missions ending up with you escaping the country at the end as the jobs get more and more sketchy. When you deliver a car sections of the cities where your delivering to open up until the whole city is open and post game the cities inn the game are open for free roam with side missions like races and the like.
Original post by jonathanemptage
I don’t know what i’d call it but I guess I call it a transporter so you are delivering high performance cars to clients around the UK with story line that progresses as you complete missions ending up with you escaping the country at the end as the jobs get more and more sketchy. When you deliver a car sections of the cities where your delivering to open up until the whole city is open and post game the cities inn the game are open for free roam with side missions like races and the like.

That sounds like it could really be fun! Sounds like a lot of driving, so the driving mechanics would need to be top notch! :auto:
Original post by CCCUOfficial
That sounds like it could really be fun! Sounds like a lot of driving, so the driving mechanics would need to be top notch! :auto:

It would it’s a shame I’m not a game programmer.
I would create a jump and run game with try and error principle as gameplay. If it looks too difficult, I would create some checkpoints.
I'd design a stealth game based around roguelike mechanics in a dieselpunk style setting.

It's one of a few potential concepts I've had in mind for games, but I feel that it's the most viable.
A game loosely based on the novel 1984 by George Orwell as well as the movie They Live could be somewhat interesting. MC lives in a dystopian society and begins to wake up to the evil going on around him. Then things get sci-fi and and the MC finds out the the so called 'elites' of the world are actually tyrannical entities trying to enslave humanity and keep their consciousness trapped in a never-ending loop of suffering.

Near the end of the game, the MC awakens the true power that lays dormant in all humans by unlocking aspects of his consciousness that he didn't know exists, thus eliminating this evil with said newfound power.

Gameplay will revolve around Uncharted-esque type movement and gunplay with crazy set-pieces sprinkled in between.
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
A game loosely based on the novel 1984 by George Orwell as well as the movie They Live could be somewhat interesting. MC lives in a dystopian society and begins to wake up to the evil going on around him. Then things get sci-fi and and the MC finds out the the so called 'elites' of the world are actually tyrannical entities trying to enslave humanity and keep their consciousness trapped in a never-ending loop of suffering.

Near the end of the game, the MC awakens the true power that lays dormant in all humans by unlocking aspects of his consciousness that he didn't know exists, thus eliminating this evil with said newfound power.

Gameplay will revolve around Uncharted-esque type movement and gunplay with crazy set-pieces sprinkled in between.

Ooh! Big Brother is watching so OBEY! Sounds really cool! I would definitely play that
Original post by Lalleighette
I'd design a stealth game based around roguelike mechanics in a dieselpunk style setting.

It's one of a few potential concepts I've had in mind for games, but I feel that it's the most viable.

As long as I get some kind of bow, I'll be happy! Maybe even a sword! :fight: haha
Reply 9
The life and times of Oz in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Personally I don't know much about games, but my friends and I have an idea about private boarding school themed game
e.g. Avoid the head master, matron etc,
Deal with too hard potatoes and pink chicken in the dining hall
stop chemistry classroom from exploding
Reply 11
Original post by Bookworm524
Personally I don't know much about games, but my friends and I have an idea about private boarding school themed game
e.g. Avoid the head master, matron etc,
Deal with too hard potatoes and pink chicken in the dining hall
stop chemistry classroom from exploding

Sounds remarkably like Bully, released in 2006
Original post by gjd800

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if that exists on a Spectrum cassette tape somewhere.
Original post by gjd800
Sounds remarkably like Bully, released in 2006

Beat me too it on that one! Recommend giving it a play through if they haven't already :smile:
Original post by gjd800

Would the game follow the show or use it as a loose theme to create an updated storyline?? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Lalleighette
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if that exists on a Spectrum cassette tape somewhere.

Well, there was the game Auf Wiedersehen Monty, starring Monty Mole.
Reply 16
I'd create Super Mario Odyssey 2.
Original post by Picnicl
I'd create Super Mario Odyssey 2.

The world knows to many of these Mario games. No idea for your own gaming characters?
Reply 18
Railrider.
Think if an on-rails game was given vastly more choice and variety. At no point do you ever stop in this game unless you fail to navigate obstacles. It's not just QTEs. You're always moving, whether on your own feet, in the air, by boat/jetski or by vehicle. There is no end of chapter. The only way to pause is to exit the game which autosaves your progress.

You start off at the top of a mountain. You can either go down the zipline or the cable car. Often, the progression from one section to another will be unlikely / over the top in the arcade tradition. Sometimes it will be played for laughs, sometimes the game will try to be beautiful or scary.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Picnicl
Railrider.
Think if an on-rails game was given vastly more choice and variety. At no point do you ever stop in this game unless you fail to navigate obstacles. It's not just QTEs. You're always moving, whether on your own feet, in the air, by boat/jetski or by vehicle. There is no end of chapter. The only way to pause is to exit the game which autosaves your progress.

You start off at the top of a mountain. You can either go down the zipline or the cable car. Often, the progression from one section to another will be unlikely / over the top in the arcade tradition. Sometimes it will be played for laughs, sometimes the game will try to be beautiful or scary.

A game in which the player can try many kinds of different vehicles? that sounds fun, but also as if the kind of vehicle is default and cannot be chosen by the player.

Quick Reply

Latest