Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by boromir9111

You can do vector calculus in your head can't you? :colone:
Original post by dknt
You can do vector calculus in your head can't you? :colone:

BRUUDDAAAAAAAAA.....you have me confused with your geek-a-zoid self :awesome:

:colone:
i ****ing love physics, sorry about the language.

did anyone do the recent aqa physics unit 1 exam
I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested in looking at the STEP in Physics from 1998 and 1999 :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 944
Original post by LogicGoat
I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested in looking at the STEP in Physics from 1998 and 1999 :biggrin: :biggrin:

What's this? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone free to join this so long as they're connected to Physics?

Currently doing my A2's and have applied for Physics at all 5 of my uni choices :P I live and breathe the subject! This and Maths are the two things which make my academic world go round.
Original post by arcturus7
Is anyone free to join this so long as they're connected to Physics?

Currently doing my A2's and have applied for Physics at all 5 of my uni choices :P I live and breathe the subject! This and Maths are the two things which make my academic world go round.

It's open to everyone, the only requirement is an interest in physics.
Original post by lion23
What's this? :smile:

The Sixth Term Examination Papers (STEP for short) were exams that were sometimes required for entry into the University of Cambridge. They're based on the A-level syllabus but are aimed at the top 2% (not actually sure of the percentage) of A-level candidates so are significantly harder. Thought they might be interesting for anyone doing A-level physics and looking to challenge themself :smile:
Reply 948
Original post by LogicGoat
The Sixth Term Examination Papers (STEP for short) were exams that were sometimes required for entry into the University of Cambridge. They're based on the A-level syllabus but are aimed at the top 2% (not actually sure of the percentage) of A-level candidates so are significantly harder. Thought they might be interesting for anyone doing A-level physics and looking to challenge themself :smile:

Great thanks, will definitely take a look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a question in terms of magnetism. Two north poles of two magnets are opposite and then it comes to a repulsion, as same poles have no attractivity to each other. In my consideration the field lines of the respective magnets go to the respective south pole. Am I right with that?
i want to join!!
Long time no here. I would just love to know whether a satellite needs escape velocity and escape energy as well as a rocket to come into space.
Reply 952
can anyone help me with this problem related to laws of motion? two cars are running in the same direction with the same speed of 30km/hr these two cars are a 5km apart.what is the speed of a third car if it meets the first two cars at an interval of 4 minutes?
Reply 953
Original post by aachal
can anyone help me with this problem related to laws of motion? two cars are running in the same direction with the same speed of 30km/hr these two cars are a 5km apart.what is the speed of a third car if it meets the first two cars at an interval of 4 minutes?

If the 3rd car is travelling with constant velocity, it will be covering a distance of 5km in 4 minutes, which means it will be travelling with a velocity of 75km/h

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 954
Original post by lion23
If the 3rd car is travelling with constant velocity, it will be covering a distance of 5km in 4 minutes, which means it will be travelling with a velocity of 75km/h

Posted from TSR Mobile

and i guess that's the relative velocity.the velocity of the car then must be either (75+30)km/hr or (75-30) km/hr dependin on which direction the third car is moving, is it?
It's better to start a new thread in the main forum if you have a specific homework or exam question you need help on.
(I see you have done this!)
Original post by Kallisto
Long time no here. I would just love to know whether a satellite needs escape velocity and escape energy as well as a rocket to come into space.

Do you mean an artificial satellite?
They are launched on a rocket. The rocket needs enough energy to get itself and the satellite into space.
The escape velocity does not depend on the mass of the rocket or satellite, as can be seen from the standard formula.
However, as a rocket is driven over a period of time, the escape velocity formula does not really apply. That formula applies to projectiles.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Stonebridge
x

Quite late, but thanks. I meant satellites like Sputnik I. I have found out that satellites move in the east direction, as the earth perform the rotation in this direction. Satellites get quasi an impulse, if they take the direction of earth along. It is a common method to save fuel for acceleration.
Reply 958
Original post by Stonebridge
It's better to start a new thread in the main forum if you have a specific homework or exam question you need help on.
(I see you have done this!)

Why is it better? Is this not what the thread is for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lion23
Why is it better? Is this not what the thread is for

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. It's not what this thread is for. It's for general discussion about physics, not for help with specific homework problems.

The main study help forum threads are for specific homework questions.
Post one problem per thread.

If you have multiple homework/exam questions in a thread the answers and posts get muddled up.

The "Physics Exams" sub forum is for discussing upcoming exams and for talking about past exams.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Study_Help_Guidelines

Quick Reply

Latest