The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

I have just finished my first year at the University of Leeds, ask me anything!

I've just finished my first year at Leeds. I'm doing a BA in Philosophy and I stayed at Devonshire Hall. Ask me anything from: accommodation help, course help, societies etc.
Reply 1
Could you please help me with my physics project.its irritating 12🥲
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by 1234roma
Could you please help me with my physics project.its irritating 12🥲

If I knew anything about Physics I would happily help haha. What is the project on?
Reply 3
are the societies spread between the universities or specific to each?
Reply 4
Original post by emjustdied
are the societies spread between the universities or specific to each?

If you’re talking about between uni of and beckett etc. the societies are specific to each uni
Reply 5
my son is hoping to come to Leeds and is considering Devonshire as it looks like the best hall for those interested in music! Can I ask what music societies are available please. Also, are the rooms a good size given that he will want to bring guitars etc. Thanks in advance
Reply 6
Original post by Nfrmum
my son is hoping to come to Leeds and is considering Devonshire as it looks like the best hall for those interested in music! Can I ask what music societies are available please. Also, are the rooms a good size given that he will want to bring guitars etc. Thanks in advance

Devonshire is definitely the best for people who like music, it has a practice room and the devonshire musical is run every year as well as many bands/concert opportunities. There are numerous societies which are music based at the uni, I'm not sure of the exact names as I never did music. However, Devonshire specific there are so many ways to get involved music wise. The rooms are big compared to other accommodation options, however, they are still a standard uni size room (although I doubt he'll have no issue fitting a guitar in it)
Reply 7
Original post by lucy18156
Devonshire is definitely the best for people who like music, it has a practice room and the devonshire musical is run every year as well as many bands/concert opportunities. There are numerous societies which are music based at the uni, I'm not sure of the exact names as I never did music. However, Devonshire specific there are so many ways to get involved music wise. The rooms are big compared to other accommodation options, however, they are still a standard uni size room (although I doubt he'll have no issue fitting a guitar in it)

Thanks so much for your reply, that’s really helpful!
Reply 8

sorry another quick question, how are the rooms/flats at Devonshire set out please? I have read that the main blocks have 10 rooms but the uni website states that if self catering you would share a kitchen with 3-8 others? Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Nfrmum
sorry another quick question, how are the rooms/flats at Devonshire set out please? I have read that the main blocks have 10 rooms but the uni website states that if self catering you would share a kitchen with 3-8 others? Thanks!

The main building is all catered, most of those have 10/11 people. The rest of the blocks usually hold around 5/6 people who you share a kitchen with. I was catered so can't give you much help with the self catered flats, however, the kitchens are a pretty decent size
Reply 10
The main building is all catered, most of those have 10/11 people. The rest of the blocks usually hold around 5/6 people who you share a kitchen with. I was catered so can't give you much help with the self catered flats, however, the kitchens are a pretty decent size

Thanks that’s very helpful info!
Reply 11
Are you taught by Mik Burley? He was one of my doctoral examiners.
What's the nightlife like and what would you say is the most social house at Leeds?
I've just finished my first year at Leeds. I'm doing a BA in Philosophy and I stayed at Devonshire Hall. Ask me anything from: accommodation help, course help, societies etc.

Hi, I'm looking at applying to Devonshire, I have read some reviews about the wardens being annoying and it being posh, is there any truth in this? How has ur experience at devonshire been in general?

do you know anyone who lived in the 'shared houses' accomodations eg. springfield mount, lyddon terrace, clarendon place ect. because I'm super tempted by the big rooms but I'm scared it'll be really antisocial!

Quick Reply

Latest