The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AntiMonarchist
You picked the wrong place to have that, you're just going to be branded a homophobe here.

lol. Already have, check how much I have been negged and my posts, I havent said a bad word against homosexuals other than I dont agree with it. Lol
campy
Dunoo if it's already been said, but I just thought I'd throw this out there: it happens in the animal world.

it has.

Again. Humans are more advanced than animals. Pigs have sex with their mothers and eat theirs and others animal waste, I am sure a few do engage in sodomy, doesnt mean we should. A lot of things happen in the animal world, doesnt mean we shoudl do it.
Its not moral
Reply 183
Hell no wtf
Reply 184
You actually used the phrase "God made Adam and Eve; not Adam and Steve"?!

Are you Ned Flanders or something? I'm heterosexual but can safely say I think being gay makes more sense than being religious to the point where you believe two humans ruled a magical garden and ate fruit that a talking snake gave them.
Ivan91
You actually used the phrase "God made Adam and Eve; not Adam and Steve"?!

Are you Ned Flanders or something? I'm heterosexual but can safely say I think being gay makes more sense than being religious to the point where you believe two humans ruled a magical garden and ate fruit that a talking snake gave them.

I am not religious btw, thoughts its good for those who are.

I think most homosexuals are not religious anyway tbh because most relgions understandbly say its wrong.
Reply 186
Read Plato's Symposium - All it's about is male love o.o I think it's fine, and where would we be without the Greeks eh?
howdypartner21
Im glad you agree. I think a lot of people do, though i have learned you cannot discuss homosexuality without being homophobic and if you disagree with homosexuality, you are an even bigger homophob.

Yes, because that's precisely what it means. You really don't get it - if I was to call you a knob because of your views, that would be unfair as it's a matter of opinion and serves no purpose other than to offend. People aren't calling you a homophobe because they're big meanies, it's because you hold views which are homophobic, something which has a clear definition you don't seem to understand. Another thing - why would you use the Adam and Steve analogy if you're 'not at all religious'?? Also, no-one has been stupid enough to call you 'a homophobic', might want to stop embarrassing yourself by saying it.
Reply 188
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I think homosexual is natural. But even if it isn't, what is wrong with something being unnatural?

Unnatural things: Cars, medicines, computers, plastic, clothes, processed food, glasses, toilets, houses, toothpaste, books, dancing, condoms, the wheel, showering, makeup. In fact pretty much anything which isn't "sitting naked in a field".

Do you think all those things are 'wrong' too OP? My point is that everything you use and almost everything you do is 'unnatural' - so why do you single out homosexuality? When by your logic anything 'unnatural' is wrong.
Reply 189
I wish people weren't so opinionated. Nothing is right and nothing is wrong. Perhaps people should just metaphorically stand back and watch, instead of pointing at a proverbial wall and stating that that's the world?
howdypartner21
I am not religious btw, thoughts its good for those who are.

I think most homosexuals are not religious anyway tbh because most relgions understandbly say its wrong.

OK so i understand that the internet is about spreading your views and you are exercising your freedom of speech but... i really don't care what you think.

i really don't.

and i think most people negged you mostly because of your horrendously boring, pathetic and not to mention arrogant monologue.

believe it or not, you're not important...people will continue to be gay with or without your permission and/or approval.

good day.
gingerrama
Yes, because that's precisely what it means. You really don't get it - if I was to call you a knob because of your views, that would be unfair as it's a matter of opinion and serves no purpose other than to offend. People aren't calling you a homophobe because they're big meanies, it's because you hold views which are homophobic, something which has a clear definition you don't seem to understand. Another thing - why would you use the Adam and Steve analogy if you're 'not at all religious'?? Also, no-one has been stupid enough to call you 'a homophobic', might want to stop embarrassing yourself by saying it.

Just because you dont agree with a group does NOT make you phobic of that group. The word is a reference to a PHOBIA, i have a lot of gay friends (see my OP) and if they were walking to me I would run away incase I caught some of his gayness lol, i just dont agree with homosexuality. If i were homophobic then surely i wouldnt have gay friends and I would want to keep them, read my previous posts.
Reply 192
Whether you think its natural or not, nature doesnt want homosexuals around because by default they don't pass on their genes through having offspring. I've got nothing personal against homosexuals, my aunty's one, but i wouldn't sodemise. But then again i wouldn't climb mount everest. To be honest i just believe in each to their own.
Reply 193
howdypartner21
it has.

Again. Humans are more advanced than animals. Pigs have sex with their mothers and eat theirs and others animal waste, I am sure a few do engage in sodomy, doesnt mean we should. A lot of things happen in the animal world, doesnt mean we shoudl do it.

Omg you are so **** at this, here, let me show you what you're doing.

You: Homosexuality is wrong because it's not natural.
Random user in this thread: But it's been occuring in nature among animals etc forever, therefore it is natural.
You: Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's right.

idiot. :facepalm2:
howdypartner21
Right,

I got in a debate with a gay friend of mine. He ASKED me what I thought of homosexuality (I have known him for years and never said anything about it before, because he never asked), but because he asked, I replied respectfully, but honestly and he hasnt spoken to me in months despite my numerous texts.

i basically said the following things, while always listening to when he would reply:

I think homosexuality is wrong. I never understood it, one of my friends summarised his opinion on sodemy:

"we have 'in' holes (mouth) and 'out' holes (anus) and we shouldnt get them mixed up. Why put something into a place where excrement comes out of" and also "god made adam and Eve, not adam and Steve", which is true. Which is why most gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality.

I completely agree with my friends statements. Human waste comes out of the anus, and sodemites are sticking their penis into their. (BTW I think anal penetration of girls is just as disgusting and un natural). I have nothing against gay people, hence why I am trying to re-contact my friend. But if asked, be prepared for the truth. There is nothing natural about it and homosexuality imo is wrong. Also, if a gay couple amrried and adopted, that child is going to probably sway to feeling gay, and he defo wont have a normal childhood.

I was given the argument that we have receptors in our anus and therefore its only logical that we enjoy stuff getting put in our anus, which acually sickens me. Its not even an argument. I am sure we do have reseptors there, doesnt mean people should insert something up their!

I think that whenever someone says they dont think sodemy is natural or right, they are labeled homophobic, i have nothing against sodomites, they can do what they want i am more than happy with that, but I do not think its right and I do not think its natural and i think there is nothing wrong in saying that at all.

I was thinking about it more and a lot of my gay friends are either loners and/or over think things way to much and so I think that there reason for having no friends is because they are different (gay) or they thoughtt hemselves to believe that, because when he was on the bus saw another guy on the bus or somethign and therefore that person is gay (they analyse things way to much).

Another point I mentioned to him is that "gay" means happy and it was stolen to be used for Sodemy, to make it seem more normal, but there is nothing naturl about sodemy. It is even definined as "unnatural" sex

This is to be a constructive thread, no disrespect to anyone.

There is nothing wrong with me saying that i think sodemy (homosexuality) is wrong and unnatural, its freedom of speech.

Thoughts....

Keep it clean so moderators wont delete this freedom of speech and constructive debate

How can you have nothing against gay people yet then go on to say that homosexuality is wrong? I think you are in denial that you are homophobic. And no wonder your friend doesn't talk to you anymore. You basically said that what he is is wrong. You obviously don't seem a worthy friend if you couldn't just realise that his sexual preferences shouldn't matter to you. I know he did ask you what you thought but couldn't you just make it up? And before you say something like "why should I lie?" well you are basically lying already sayin you have nothing against gays.
Reply 195
howdypartner21
If i were homophobic then surely i wouldnt have gay friends and I would want to keep them, read my previous posts.

Thats a pretty naff logic. The amount of times i've heard people say "[INSERT RACIST COMMENT HERE] but i'm not racist because i've got black friends", is unbelievable.

Again. Humans are more advanced than animals.

In terms of how we live yes, but in terms of reproduction and sexuality, we're all in the same boat. Just because one animal is more advanced socially, doesn't mean they're more advanced sexually.
howdypartner21
Just because you dont agree with a group does NOT make you phobic of that group. The word is a reference to a PHOBIA, i have a lot of gay friends (see my OP) and if they were walking to me I would run away incase I caught some of his gayness lol, i just dont agree with homosexuality. If i were homophobic then surely i wouldnt have gay friends and I would want to keep them, read my previous posts.

Yeahhh, just like all those people who couldn't possibly be racist because they know black people.
smithy102
Whether you think its natural or not, nature doesnt want homosexuals around because by default they don't pass on their genes through having offspring. I've got nothing personal against homosexuals, my aunty's one, but i wouldn't sodemise. But then again i wouldn't climb mount everest. To be honest i just believe in each to their own.

They might not pass on their genes but life would be a bit boring without gay people. They rock!

Gays :

Make loyal friends, have amazing taste in fashion, are funny, make good counsellors to others that are going through the closet stage.
I think <controversial statement> about <controversial topic>.

There you have it.

Latest

Trending

Trending