The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 3 (9ET0 03) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level English Literature Paper 3 (9ET0 03) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023/ PM
Length: 2h 15m

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for poems of the decade??
Reply 2
is it possible that the same poems that have come up in past years including AS would come up for potd and rossetti?? i don't know if ill have time to go over all of them
Reply 3
Original post by ninak12
is it possible that the same poems that have come up in past years including AS would come up for potd and rossetti?? i don't know if ill have time to go over all of them

for POD i know they’ve repeated a couple that they’ve asked in the AS for the A-Level in later years - but it’s unlikely they’ll repeat poems that they’ve asked in previous A-Level papers (e.g., they asked about Material in 2018 AS and then asked it again in 2020 A-Level)
Reply 4
does anyone know which post-2000 poems came up last year? i'm making a list so i can try and narrow down my predictions but i dont have access to last year's exams
Reply 5
Original post by spammbo
does anyone know which post-2000 poems came up last year? i'm making a list so i can try and narrow down my predictions but i dont have access to last year's exams

it was Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn and Easy Passage x
Reply 6
Original post by saskia.jpg
it was Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn and Easy Passage x

thank you!
Reply 7
ok so the list of poems that haven't yet come up is
- history (john burnside)
- the deliverer (tishani doshi)
- the lammas hireling (ian duhig)
- the gun (vicki feaver)
- out of the bag (seamus heaney)
- from the journal of a disappointed man (andrew motion)
- please hold (ciaran o'driscoll)
- on her blindness (adam thorpe)

personally i'm hoping for the gun, the lammas hireling, the deliverer, or journal of a disappointed man
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Does anyone know what the questions were for Keats last year?
Reply 9
Original post by spammbo
- the gun (vicki feaver)
- the furthest distances i've travelled (leontia flynn)

personally i'm hoping for the gun, the lammas hireling, the deliverer, or journal of a disappointed man

thank u! do u have any ideas of questions themes that might come up :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ninak12
thank u! do u have any ideas of questions themes that might come up :smile:

no im sorry, tbh i think they can ask just random stuff with such a random poem so i dont even know how to go about predicting it akhjfs sorry
Reply 11
I honestly don't think there is any point in predicting poetry, if you know the poems well enough it should be easy
Original post by spammbo
no im sorry, tbh i think they can ask just random stuff with such a random poem so i dont even know how to go about predicting it akhjfs sorry
Anybody revising T.S Eliot for Section B? Any predictions and how are you revising for the essay?
Original post by spammbo
- the gun (vicki feaver)
- the furthest distances i've travelled (leontia flynn)

Furthest Distances was 2021
Reply 14
Original post by c8ssid7mull8n
Furthest Distances was 2021

oh whoops, my bad lol
(and thank god, i hate that one)
does anyone have any John Donne predictions?
I can't find the paper 2 thread
Reply 17
Original post by user3894729857
I can't find the paper 2 thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7345770&p=98449358
hope this link works
Original post by Scienceconsumer
Anybody revising T.S Eliot for Section B? Any predictions and how are you revising for the essay?

I’m doing Eliot, though I have yet to start revising. I think the best bet is to use poem analysis to grasp the different elements of a poem and hope that, over time and through a few extra poems, you begin to understand better the workings of a poem. That’s my plan anyway. Across his different poems, he’s likely to reuse features, and these can be used as a basis for drawing on contextual information to make a sound comparison. I’m really hoping for a quick, snowball-effect grasping of the function of poems 😂
Original post by user3894729857
any predictions for poems of the decade??

I bet out of the bag will appear up. if that does happen I'm automatically doing the other option :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending