The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

speedbird
Yeah, well, you can try and discredit me or you could reply to my last post and explain to me why I'm wrong, something which I'm yet to see. It means intolerant bigots like you by the way.

How exactly am I intolerant or a bigot?

I'm not rplying to your post until you explain your baseless ad hominem attack.
Turin Turambar
How exactly am I intolerant or a bigot?

I'm not rplying to your post until you explain your baseless ad hominem attack.

You had already chosen not to reply (I wonder why :rolleyes:) before I called you a bigot.

big·ot
(noun) a person who is prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others.
This "discussion" is not getting anywhere. Seriously, stop criticizing the thread starter and just express your damn opinions.
My opinion:
I really don't mind having a gay friend. I do find it weird except I am fine with homosexuals. I just feel awkward watching someone who is gay make out or kiss openly in public. I don't hate them. I think that they are human beings and are entitled to freedom of expression. I respect their views and ideas. I have volunteered at the Gay parade in Toronto and it was cool.
speedbird
You had already chosen not to reply (I wonder why :rolleyes:) before I called you a bigot.

big·ot
(noun) a person who is prejudiced in their views and intolerant of the opinions of others.

No, you have been making insinuations that I am somehow bigoted in a few posts now.

Could you explain WHY you are saying I am bigoted and intolerant?

You seem to think I have something against homosexuality....
Turin Turambar
No, you have been making insinuations that I am somehow bigoted in a few posts now.

Could you explain WHY you are saying I am bigoted and intolerant?

You seem to think I have something against homosexuality....

Right, so you're just a troll. Good night dear.
speedbird
Right, so you're just a troll. Good night dear.

How am I? You're not making any sense. I presented valid arguments about homosexuality and you resorted to calling me a bigot because they don't validate your self-defined identity.

Again, what is it that makes me an intolerant bigot? Answer that please.
I never thought gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality. well, I cant judge them its there nature..
Reply 507
Maybe instead of saying "its not natural" a betterterm would be that you find it "offensive" and "personally dont like it" Like I said earlier I dont want to know about homosexual exploits in the sack, I find it personally offensive, but i have the same outlook on anything, as in "as long as its not effecting me get on with it". Just like if someone wants to take drugs and sit in the corner of their room going "im an orange, im an orange" thats upto them. Just dont force me to accept it or have to be around anything I dont want to be around.
Reply 508
Turin Turambar
This is a learned trait because it is developed through experience.

Yet again, upon what are you basing your (presumably well-informed) decision that sexuality is entirely nurtured? Yet again, you use it as a premise as though it is some kind of axiom, when in fact you have just made it up out of the blue.
Planto
Yet again, upon what are you basing your (presumably well-informed) decision that sexuality is entirely nurtured? Yet again, you use it as a premise as though it is some kind of axiom, when in fact you have just made it up out of the blue.

I haven't made it up at all. It's a readily observable phenomenon based on the facts. Could you tell me how it is not so? Every respected scientist agrees with me on this one and it is the current scientific understanding.
Reply 510
Turin Turambar
I haven't made it up at all. It's a readily observable phenomenon based on the facts. Could you tell me how it is not so? Every respected scientist agrees with me on this one and it is the current scientific understanding.

Again, that is complete rubbish. If anything, sexual orientation is accepted to be determined primarily by genetic and hormonal factors. You're just spouting ********.
howdypartner21
Right,

I got in a debate with a gay friend of mine. He ASKED me what I thought of homosexuality (I have known him for years and never said anything about it before, because he never asked), but because he asked, I replied respectfully, but honestly and he hasnt spoken to me in months despite my numerous texts.

i basically said the following things, while always listening to when he would reply:

I think homosexuality is wrong. I never understood it, one of my friends summarised his opinion on sodemy:

"we have 'in' holes (mouth) and 'out' holes (anus) and we shouldnt get them mixed up. Why put something into a place where excrement comes out of" and also "god made adam and Eve, not adam and Steve", which is true. Which is why most gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality.

I completely agree with my friends statements. Human waste comes out of the anus, and sodemites are sticking their penis into their. (BTW I think anal penetration of girls is just as disgusting and un natural). I have nothing against gay people, hence why I am trying to re-contact my friend. But if asked, be prepared for the truth. There is nothing natural about it and homosexuality imo is wrong. Also, if a gay couple amrried and adopted, that child is going to probably sway to feeling gay, and he defo wont have a normal childhood.

I was given the argument that we have receptors in our anus and therefore its only logical that we enjoy stuff getting put in our anus, which acually sickens me. Its not even an argument. I am sure we do have reseptors there, doesnt mean people should insert something up their!

I think that whenever someone says they dont think sodemy is natural or right, they are labeled homophobic, i have nothing against sodomites, they can do what they want i am more than happy with that, but I do not think its right and I do not think its natural and i think there is nothing wrong in saying that at all.

I was thinking about it more and a lot of my gay friends are either loners and/or over think things way to much and so I think that there reason for having no friends is because they are different (gay) or they thoughtt hemselves to believe that, because when he was on the bus saw another guy on the bus or somethign and therefore that person is gay (they analyse things way to much).

Another point I mentioned to him is that "gay" means happy and it was stolen to be used for Sodemy, to make it seem more normal, but there is nothing naturl about sodemy. It is even definined as "unnatural" sex

This is to be a constructive thread, no disrespect to anyone.

There is nothing wrong with me saying that i think sodemy (homosexuality) is wrong and unnatural, its freedom of speech.

Thoughts....

Keep it clean so moderators wont delete this freedom of speech and constructive debate

religion isnt natural. and its a hell of alot more harmful than butt sex. :p:
py0alb
According to your personal definition. Not according to wikipedia's.

Pablo, who's written wikipedia? Anyone?
Are you equally disgusted by blowjobs? Because a penis is technically an "out" hole.
I can't believe that this discussion is still going on.

To the sane people who have posted: you are not going to convince any of the committed homophobes on the thread (OP included) that homosexuality is okay.

That's because you wrongly assume that they, like you, are rational human beings who will respond to reasoned argument. Let me tell you something: they won't!

Their beliefs are not based on reason and logic but on visceral gut prejudices and totally arbitrary and nonsensical moral frameworks (of the kind that organised religions offer).

Please just give up. Feel grateful, at least, that you - unlike them - have been granted the gift of critical thinking, sentience, not-being-in-an-essentially-vegetative-state etc....
Turin Turambar
It's not a question of how many children they have, but of satisfying the urge to reproduce.

What I've said implies that humans can fulfill their erotic, emotional and genetic needs through a heterosexual relationship. You have made a jump in logic to assume that a relationship must be based on fulfilling erotic desires. You will note that after a child is born, a heterosexual relationship becomes more emotional rather than physical. This is due to the fact that the inherent desire to parent is being stimulated.

I only need to ask them what?

You have clearly not explain why some heterosexual couples then chose not to act on the 'genetic urges'. The onus is one you to answer this. It is not a requirement of a relationship to produce a child, and many couples who could afford to simply to not. In part, this is previous because couples needed many offspring to maintain their livelihood (e.g running a farm) whereas this is not so much of a requirement today. As opposed to being something innate, childbearing is a choice. And indeed, your argument falls apart when you claim a transition from emotional to physical after the first child is born - why then do couples have a second child?

Your argument is crackpot, at best.
You'd change your mind if you have a bumgasm.
Reply 517
tlr1
modern medicines n driving a car succeed in their function and purpose to save lives and for transport, whilst gay sex will NEVER reproduce children which is the main function of sex.

Just so you know, people don't generally have gay sex with the intention of having children. In fact, people don't generally have sex with the intention of having children.

In case you don't get some of the finer implications of this, let me come up with another, illustrative example. The main purpose of the Bible is clearly to be burned (it is, after all, a great source of heat), and this is so regardless of the reasons the Bible-readers may intend to keep it for. Since reading is quite definitely unnatural, and since reading the Bible means that it is not being burned at the time (failing its purpose!) as well as severely decreasing the chance it will be burned after, it must follow that reading the Bible is immoral.
Reply 518
Well, homosexuality IS unnatural. PERIOD. The fact that homosexuals say that they do not choose to be homosexual is also rubbish. IT IS NOT GENETIC NOR INHERITED.

its a phsicological thing, which happens to people who grow up without male figures (most of the time).

Hundreds of studies have been done on genetically and non genetically identical twins, where one of them turns out gay and the other doesnt. If it was genetic then it would affect both, but it is not genetic hence why one gay and the other turns out straight.

If every man in the world became gay, the human race would not survive (obviously).

People say that homosexuality runs in the genese of families "yh, my uncle is gay and my brother is gay, so i may have the gay gene" but because it may be accepted in their home then this may mean that it is encouraged, therefore the person becomes confused.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Kreuzuerk
You have clearly not explain why some heterosexual couples then chose not to act on the 'genetic urges'. The onus is one you to answer this. It is not a requirement of a relationship to produce a child, and many couples who could afford to simply to not. In part, this is previous because couples needed many offspring to maintain their livelihood (e.g running a farm) whereas this is not so much of a requirement today. As opposed to being something innate, childbearing is a choice. And indeed, your argument falls apart when you claim a transition from emotional to physical after the first child is born - why then do couples have a second child?

Your argument is crackpot, at best.

**** off.

Why can heterosexual couples deny the inherent urge to reproduce? Well for the same reason homosexuals can.

It is not a requirement of a relationship to produce a child, it is a requirement of nature. It is our purpose to reproduce. Dude, seriously...read the selfish gene by Richard Dawkins. Any evolutionary biologist will tell you the same.

I don't know what this "transition from emotional to physical after the first child is born" is all about. What are you rabbiting on about?

My argument is crackpot? No, it's realistic. Sodomy is merely an act, not a lifestyle or an orientation. It is something which is done to satisfy an immediate erotic desire.

So me and every other biologist and psychologist are wrong because our explination doesn't validate some peoples self-identity? Get lost! Fool. I'm glad people like you don't reproduce.

Latest

Trending

Trending