The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Only the thin part showing? That's ridiculous.

Extremely fat, low and short (basically just the tip), thin part tucked into shirt so it wasn't visible and top button undone.
That's how everyone wore their ties at my school, except me because that just looks bad. I had mine slightly away from the neck, top button undone, medium length.
Ribbits
Only the thin part showing? That's ridiculous.

Extremely fat, low and short (basically just the tip), thin part tucked into shirt so it wasn't visible and top button undone.
That's how everyone wore their ties at my school, except me because that just looks bad. I had mine slightly away from the neck, top button undone, medium length.

May-be it is, but it was "fashionable" once and still is in a way!
Reply 62
Properly. We have to along with the rest of our uniform.

Top button done up, tie done up.

Skirts have to be knee length and blazers have to be worn at all times unless in class.

This is in 6th form and we are expected to give a good impression to the rest of the school.
I think the people that wear it really really short just look like ***** (c-word).

It looks so ridiculous and it's hardly unique, seeing as everybody else tries to do it. It's also a waste of effort in most places as the jobs worth teachers tell them to change it anyway.
Short
properly.
I went to a girls school; we never had ties in our uniform.
pennyhen
Properly. We have had to along with the rest of our uniform.

Top button done up, tie done up.

Skirts have to be knee length and blazers have had to be worn at all times unless in class.

This is in 6th form and we are expected to give a good impression to the rest of the school.

Same, apart from my school only went up to y11, incorrect uniform/no tie etc could have lead to a detention.
We wore they tie the way ties are sopposed to be worn? And if it was wrong a teacher (usually the Deputy Head) would tell us to sort it out :p:

Latest