The Student Room Group

is it normal to wear school uniform at home after school ?

the reason i ask is because my sister who is 16 always wears her school uniform indoors after school , its not unusual for her to still be wearing a shirt and tie at 9pm the only thing she takes off is her shoes and blazer, for me i am normally out of uniform within the first hour of getting home, although i sometimes keep on my white shirt and skirt if i am not going out, is this a normal thing ?
Neither is more or less normal than the other.
Original post by imogen1234567890
the reason i ask is because my sister who is 16 always wears her school uniform indoors after school , its not unusual for her to still be wearing a shirt and tie at 9pm the only thing she takes off is her shoes and blazer, for me i am normally out of uniform within the first hour of getting home, although i sometimes keep on my white shirt and skirt if i am not going out, is this a normal thing ?

usually, i can't be bothered to change, so i just stay in my uniform
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Neither is more or less normal than the other.

my mum is always nagging her to take it off ?
Original post by probably_sane
usually, i can't be bothered to change, so i just stay in my uniform

yes but do you keep your tie on etc, my sister does, i sometimes keep my skirt and shirt on but take off blazer and tie ?
yes but do you keep your tie on etc, my sister does, i sometimes keep my skirt and shirt on but take off blazer and tie ?

sometimes i will, I also have to wear a lanyard in school, and i keep that on as well sometimes
sometimes i will, I also have to wear a lanyard in school, and i keep that on as well sometimes

whats a lanyard ?
whats a lanyard ?

its a loop of fabric that has an identity card attached to the end of it
its a loop of fabric that has an identity card attached to the end of it

oh no i wouldt wear that after school just a shirt and skirt ?
Yeah I used to wear my uniform after school bc I couldn’t be bothered to take it off lol, I’d take my blazer off though
Reply 10
i think it's normal because a lot of my friends used to do it. but personally don't see the point. it isn't comfy and i feel like my uniform always made me feel dirty, i always looked forward to coming home and getting into more comfortable clothes
Original post by iz.05
i think it's normal because a lot of my friends used to do it. but personally don't see the point. it isn't comfy and i feel like my uniform always made me feel dirty, i always looked forward to coming home and getting into more comfortable clothes

i agree i dont like wearing a tie and blazer i always take them off when i get in altough i do normally keep on my shirt and skirt what about you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending