The Student Room Group

twin blocks

i wore twin blocks 24/7 until school started. then i wore them only at night for about 12 hours a day. i went to the orthodontist and he said it would be okay to wear the appliance for 12 hours a day but the treatment would take longer. my mom was mad at me for not wearing them 24/7 and cancelled all of my visits to the orthodontist. she said that she's wasting money on the visits. now i dont know what to do because i'm very insecure abt my overbite and i want to get it fixed but i just dont want to wear the appliance to school bc i know ill get bullied and ect... what should i do?
Original post by Anonymous #1
i wore twin blocks 24/7 until school started. then i wore them only at night for about 12 hours a day. i went to the orthodontist and he said it would be okay to wear the appliance for 12 hours a day but the treatment would take longer. my mom was mad at me for not wearing them 24/7 and cancelled all of my visits to the orthodontist. she said that she's wasting money on the visits. now i dont know what to do because i'm very insecure abt my overbite and i want to get it fixed but i just dont want to wear the appliance to school bc i know ill get bullied and ect... what should i do?

Surely if you’re that self conscious about it then getting it fixed should be the priority rather than worrying about what a few people are going to say at school? Tell your mum you’re going to wear them 24/7 and rebook orthodontist appointments.

I’m sorry to hear this. My daughter is going through the same issue, however, I have agreed she can just wear it straight after school and weekends. It may take longer but I do not wish to put her through any distress or teasing at school. I understands your mother’s concern regarding the financial aspect of it but try sitting her down and talking about your feelings and how much it upsets you to have to wear it. Hopefully she will understand and reconsider. I wish you luck x

Show your mother this website to prove your case: https://kevinobrienorthoblog.com/patients-twin-blocks-full-time/

Quick Reply

Latest