The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I managed to finish on time, which is a good sign. Other than that, I can never really tell with english tests. Just seems to depend on the kind of examiner.

I did Gatsby for the first part and Curious Incident/Mariner/Keats for the second.

Anyone else do those texts?
Reply 2
I did Mariner for section B too, although my section B didnt do so well i dont think. I wrote about endings.
Reply 3
That was where my answer fell apart, I could only really write about the wedding-guest in the last stanza and the "He who prayeth best etc..." stanza.

What kinda things did you write about.
Reply 4
I did mariner for section A and kite runner, gatsby and tennyson (poetry) for section B- I did the endings question

The section A mariner question was LUSH!! :coma: :h:
My time management was a bit off, I spent too long on Ab, so when I wrote about endings for B I didn't have enough time to put in quotes for Pride and Prejudice. But I managed to do well (*I think*) and included quotes for all my other texts, and I still put all my points across for Pride and Prejudice, so I voted "big smile". :biggrin:
Reply 6
Do you guys try and make as many points as possible or only include a few but developed points?

I ended up writing 2 or so points for each question for about a side each. Always got to a point where time was closing in or I couldn't think of anything more.
Reply 7
Nukeco
Do you guys try and make as many points as possible or only include a few but developed points?

I ended up writing 2 or so points for each question for about a side each. Always got to a point where time was closing in or I couldn't think of anything more.

For Section A or B??

I made points (like my teacher advised) or characters, setting, narrative voice, time & sequence and other language techinques for Section A question a...for section A b) I did an intro, made 2 points disagreeing with the statement and one for (lol).

Section B- intro, Gatsby ending, tennyson poetry (Mariana and Godiva) endings- compared the two and said how mariana remains a trapped women in society which reflected the Victorian era and how Godiva's ending was more inspiring and victorious and was maybe a statement that Tennyson was making about women-how women should be more like Godiva...then I wrote about the Kite runner and the motif of the kite, then a conclusion :biggrin: :grin:
Reply 8
hwalusimo1
For Section A or B??

I made points (like my teacher advised) or characters, setting, narrative voice, time & sequence and other language techinques for Section A question a...for section A b) I did an intro, made 2 points disagreeing with the statement and one for (lol).

Section B- intro, Gatsby ending, tennyson poetry (Mariana and Godiva) endings- compared the two and said how mariana remains a trapped women in society which reflected the Victorian era and how Godiva's ending was more inspiring and victorious and was maybe a statement that Tennyson was making about women-how women should be more like Godiva...then I wrote about the Kite runner and the motif of the kite, then a conclusion :biggrin: :grin:

Ah, my answers are never that structured. I usually just end up writing free-form. Sometimes it feels like I'm having a detailed discussion with the examiners lol.

For part B) I only wrote one point for/against but they were a page each...I don't know if that's enough though.
Reply 9
Nukeco
That was where my answer fell apart, I could only really write about the wedding-guest in the last stanza and the "He who prayeth best etc..." stanza.

What kinda things did you write about.

I wrote that if the poem is read like a Christian allegory where the Albatross symbolises Christ then the Mariner appears to be a prophet by the end who has a compulsion to tell his story to the people he meets to warn them what will happen if they don't love God's creation and linked it to Coleridge being a Chrisitian.

I dont think it was enough though, my Section B was weak and i'm really worried now :-S

Latest

Trending

Trending