The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail science?

Thread has been answered & thanks for your help.

Forum staff ---> Could you please close & delete this thread as I feel it doesn't help me nor anyone else using the search box.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
You'll want to kick yourself very hard but at the end of the day, nothing terrible will happen :P
You should have revised. It's your own fault and take the consequences as you deserved them.
Awesomesauce
You should have revised. It's your own fault and take the consequences as you deserved them.

That's a bit harsh, albeit true. OP, do you want to do science at college? If not then it doesn't matter so much, and when you start sixth form/college I'm sure you'll have forgotten all about it anyway :smile:
GCSE science is quite important imo.
Reply 5
SilverDoe21
That's a bit harsh, albeit true. OP, do you want to do science at college? If not then it doesn't matter so much, and when you start sixth form/college I'm sure you'll have forgotten all about it anyway :smile:

Probably not, it's just I know GCSEs aren't really important but I know uni's use them distinguish between all their candidates so I'm worried if I get just mediocre GCSEs, it will prevent me from doing what I want later :frown:
Well, it's not the end of the world and as long as you get a C, you will be fine. If you want to retake, then sort that out after results if they are bad, but it would be a waste of your time imo. If you don't want to do anything science related in the future, then don't worry at all. Plus, I'm sure other elements of the course might have lifted your grade up.
Remember that for these tests, over the past few years, an A* has been set at 75%. 75%!

I did a practise Physics paper this morning, and failed on so much, but still ended up with 60% - which, according to the laws of nonsense, would have balanced out to an A* overall.

(Don't forget - your SITN and Can-Dos [or other coursework] will push you up as well as your C1-3 paper!)

Panic now, but your past scores will help you muchly when the final ink arrives on the sheet :smile:
If you fail science? You will have broken the GCSE system.
The science fairy will come to you while you sleep and forcibly castrate you.
One of my friends missed hiss GCSE Chemistry exams and he's fine. Just resit the module in January.
you get paraded infront of a baying mob.
Reply 12
Xero Xenith

(Don't forget - your SITN and Can-Dos [or other coursework] will push you up as well as your C1-3 paper!)

Crazy Paving
Plus, I'm sure other elements of the course might have lifted your grade up.

That's part of the problem, my chemistry teacher is a miserable BITCH and was incredibly unhelpful with all our coursework. For instance she just sprang it on us in the lesson we would be doing our coursework then wouldn't allow us to resubmit it 'because it was against the rules' yet our biology and physics teachers would.
Reply 13
It is an important GCSE, but not as important as English and Maths. At my school they offered the opportunity to resit it in sixth form if you don't get a C or above.
lovely_me
That's part of the problem, my chemistry teacher is a miserable BITCH and was incredibly unhelpful with all our coursework. For instance she just sprang it on us in the lesson we would be doing our coursework then wouldn't allow us to resubmit it 'because it was against the rules' yet our biology and physics teachers would.

Wow, what a complete -insert your own expletive here-. What did you get in the end?
Reply 15
Xero Xenith
Wow, what a complete -insert your own expletive here-. What did you get in the end?

Probably a terrible grade but of course she refused to tell us our marks either. Gawd I hate that woman...
lovely_me
Probably not, it's just I know GCSEs aren't really important but I know uni's use them distinguish between all their candidates so I'm worried if I get just mediocre GCSEs, it will prevent me from doing what I want later :frown:

Ahh I see your point, but it's more A Levels they focus on so a C in science shouldn't be a problem :smile: And you've probably done better than you imagine :wink:.
lovely_me

What do you mean by fail. Metophorical fail or literally failing (as in E grade), or just a C grade. C grade is fine if you want to do science at A level; and it really depends on which uni you want to go to. It's the A Levels that are important.
If you fail science then science fails you. Gravity turns off and you float away!
Honestly shut the hell up. What if people did revise? What if people stayed up all night revising? You need to think before u post stuff on here. Right now we’re in a pandemic and science isn’t as easy as it was when we were in school. Making it much harder to do tests. So if you don’t wanna say anything positive then get off the site.

Quick Reply

Latest